Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kamui Moon

The NEW Ohio Thread: LET'S GO SH_!

Thinking of pushing BADC back a week so as not to interfere with Chicago Heart (since it'll actually have GG and P4 as main games), but that means it'll be the same weekend as The Fall Classic. So far it doesn't seem like there's much interest in it locally, so that might not be a problem. Thoughts?

I would not be able to attend if it were the next week, as that weekend is Grand Prix Detroit, a large Magic: the Gathering tournament.

As much as that sucks, the new date works well for everyone else. :( There's always the next one, though.

Two things: first, time to update my info here lol

Name: ELC (short for EpicLevelCommoner) (Aaron)

Location: Independence, KY (closer to OH than than any scene in KY)

Main: Slayer, HOS

Other games:

-MK9: Scorpion, Mileena

-IGAU: Batman, Catwoman

-Anything else

Travel: Depends on work schedule

Second, shameless plug for Arcade Legacy's upcoming October tournament: Alpha Attack. https://www.facebook.com/events/138362549704646/ I won't be entering GG myself (I lack the muscle memory to make the most out of what little fundamentals I do have), but I'd figure y'all might be interest yourselves.

Guess I should update this

Name: Koopa_Klawz (Andrew)

Contact info: Skype- Giga_Koopa AIM- XxGiga4xX

Mains: BBCP: Main- Hakumen/Azrael Sub- Tager

GGAC+R: Main- Potemkin Sub- Slayer

Travel: Car

I'm trying to get back into GG and BB, unfortunately, finding decently lag-free matches in bbcse is difficult, and finding any online matches at all on ggac is impossible. I'm located in central Columbus, and I am thinking about going down to arcade legacy for one of their fight nights soon.

I'm trying to get back into GG and BB, unfortunately, finding decently lag-free matches in bbcse is difficult, and finding any online matches at all on ggac is impossible. I'm located in central Columbus, and I am thinking about going down to arcade legacy for one of their fight nights soon.

You should talk to Amadeous. He can hook you up. :)

Hey guys,

It's been awhile but I came in here to post about the Midwest ASW Facebook Group. The purpose of this group is to help spread the word on events happening in the Midwest. So instead of posting your events only in the forums, you can post them there so that everyone in the Midwest area knows what events are happening nearby so they're aware and may go to your events. This also help with the spread of information since everyone doesn't always hit up Dustloop and may not be aware of any events happening in the Midwest that one may be able to go to with enough notice. Also, you can find matches with certain individuals with the Midwest ASW Player's Log, so if you are having issues with a match-up that may not exist in your scene, there may be someone in the Midwest area that can help you with that.

So if you guys are interested in joining the group, please join up and get in here!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/734565093227697/

Hope to see more faces if you haven't already joined yet.

Thank You!

Anyone in cbus wanting a ride to fausty frostings? I am coming for christmas to visit fam but leaving the following friday to chicago. Let me know.

What's this now about Wednesday night fights in Columbus? Sounds interesting.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/131043940327851/ We play every Weds at the Donatos on campus - http://bit.ly/1fiWIOV

Starts around 6pm until they close at midnight. We got a few to several ppl that play GG depending, but people show up relatively often. Probably a good idea to join the fb group or hop in IRC the night of. Some additional ppl have picked up BB but dunno how long that's gonna last you know how it is, but it is the new thing for now.

Oh also if anyone wants to play BB add me on PSN

Looking for some online/offline BB matches here in C-bus. Actually been having some good connections in the online lobbies for CP but looking for some offline matches to work on my characters a bit better. I'll prob check out this thing at the Donato's .. what all do they play there? If anyone wants to setup some matches hit me up here or add me on PSN. I mostly play Nu, Izayoi, and Tsubaki. I do a lil SSFIVAE as well but im not too great. I'd be down to learn some GG , just never tried it out.

PSN ID: Bloodmoonzero

BloodmoonzeroJP <-(My BB:CP acct)

Right now people are mostly playing BB since it's the new thing. People typically play whatever's new. KOF13 I'm pretty sure has had the most longevity at game nights, there's always a setup (thanks to Todd) and at least a few people always playing ever since release. Other than that there's a mix of everything but nothing certain. You'll usually see a sf4 or mvc3, sometimes both, sometimes neither. Injustice sometimes. We had been playing +R pretty consistently until CP came out, if people get tired of CP you'll see it again. I've seen people bring laptops for Skullgirls and I've also seen divekick but I think the dudes that were playing those are all playing BB at least for the moment.

I'll add you on PSN so we can get some games in sometime. Also if you use IRC, there's a channel on irc.synirc.org at #cfg. Not a lot of people in there right now cause it's new, but I'm always idling at least.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/131043940327851/ We play every Weds at the Donatos on campus - http://bit.ly/1fiWIOV

Starts around 6pm until they close at midnight. We got a few to several ppl that play GG depending, but people show up relatively often. Probably a good idea to join the fb group or hop in IRC the night of. Some additional ppl have picked up BB but dunno how long that's gonna last you know how it is, but it is the new thing for now.

Oh also if anyone wants to play BB add me on PSN

Great, thanks! I'll try to make it next Wednesday (the 20th). I mostly just play Arc Sys fighters anyway but GG is the big one so I'm really hoping there's people for that. I'm also up for some BB but I'm still on CS since I'm holding out for the English release of CP. Finally, is there any interest there in P4A anymore? It's been a while for myself too, but I'm just a little curious.

I honestly was surprised at the turnout for the meetup, it's nice to see there's a decent FGC here. GGs to anyone I played against last night. I didn't quite get to play matches against everyone I wanted to, had to bounce out early. I'll def start doing my best to be able to make it to these and hopefully bring a less scrubby set of characters.

Sorry I didn't make it out last night, but glad to hear there was a good turnout. Milkman, we got GG players, around 10-ish people that play but maybe only 5 or less would be there on a given week. Probably a good idea to hop in irc the night of to see who's going, or just keep in touch with Ben (Amadeous) since he's in your area and he pretty much exclusively plays gg. P4A had some play but a relatively short life here, I think most people have moved on but you can try posting in the fb group and see if there's interest.

If you're nearish to Cinci, check out this group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/CincyFighters/

And also check out Arcade Legacy:

662 Cincinnati Mills Dr, Cincinnati, OH 45240

(513) 874-8766

This is where everyone from the Cinci area plays. They have fight nights on Thursdays, usually the admission is $10 for the whole day, I forget if there's a discount on Thursdays. They have some GG and BB players there ranging from new to really really good.

This past weekend was magical, Ohio crew. I haven't had that much fun and/or played that much gear in such a freaking long time.

GGs to everyone we've played against. I don't post much or check up on Dustloop these days, but I love you guys all that much :)

We'll try to make it to OH in the very near future (Ohayocon-bound [more for shenanigans than playing Gear, but I'm still down for it anytime at the con]). I'll push as much of the TN guys to make a group trip to Cincinnati sometime after the holidays are over.

Can't wait for more games in the near future.

Much love, Ohio!

Really happy to still see that CBus and Cinci weekly gatherings are still making noise here.

Wish I could visit either someday, but it's a drive for someone who has work in the morning.

Hopefully will meet with you guys at one of the ArcLegacy Ranbats !

\\ Also, you can add my PSN for BB matches.