Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blade

The OFFICIAL Guilty Gear Canon Plotline Q & A Thread

Page Six.

In case anyone wants to know Dr. Baldhead's stats (compare/contrast with Faust):

Height: 9'3"

Blood Type: O

Weight: 121 lbs

Origin: China

Birthday: 8/21

Dislikes: Other Doctors

Truth is, there is no immediate explanation for his level of "Hammerspace". Some say he's a Gear, others say he can summon on par with Testament, and still others just think he's a crazy Quack.

About all I can say is, he's from China, and they're pretty good about maintaining martial arts. As for the giant Scalpel. Original story says Testament freed him and gave him the giant scalpel to begin with. So maybe it's a memento?

Page Seven.

It's hard to pinpoint when Sol joined and left the Order, but I'm guessing he was there for at least 2 years, as he did have his fair share of subordinates.

Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster.

So uhh, this is probably gonna sound like a stupid question but... Did May ever get brainwashed in X2?

While she never exactly encountered Robo-Ky in any of her paths (except the last one, where he interrupted a 'moment' with Johnny)... But Baiken's 2nd and Potemkin's 3rd paths both hint that she might've been brainwashed. I've been going through Youtube videos like crazy but I just can't figure it out. So... Did I miss something here? :psyduck:

Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster.

So uhh, this is probably gonna sound like a stupid question but... Did May ever get brainwashed in X2?

While she never exactly encountered Robo-Ky in any of her paths (except the last one, where he interrupted a 'moment' with Johnny)... But Baiken's 2nd and Potemkin's 3rd paths both hint that she might've been brainwashed. I've been going through Youtube videos like crazy but I just can't figure it out. So... Did I miss something here? :psyduck:

Hello fellow lurker :yaaay: (currently not lurking so much right now). I've been into GG's stories for 3 years but I don't know if mines would be any accurate. It's possible that May's story could have happened before or after her brainwash incident. Baiken and Potemkin's hints just shows she has been brain washed at a certain point. Remember, not everyone's story is happening at the same time.

Hmm, for all intents and purposes, any form of brainwashing Robo-Ky did was temporary at best, as everything post GGXX that happened in AC+ doesn't seem to involve any form of brainwashing.

In fact, at that point, A.B.A. was in Crow's pseudo-employ, and he was working on Robo-tempkin/Justice copy so I don't think manipulation was necessary.

Thanks for the replies guys.

@Izanagi SOL777: I haven't actually thought of that, I guess it's possible. I just wish we'd get a clearer explanation of sorts, somehow.

@Blade: But still, necessary or not, I can't help but think about it... :8/:

We're probably not going to have anything clearer than that if I'm not missing something. Unlike BlazBlue, Guilty Gear does not often convey which is the true path and which is an alternative end. But, if everybody only had one straight forward path then it would be pretty boring :psyduck: Of course, there's always a lucky chance to meet Daisuke and ask him about the story, because we're sure as hell know that Robo-Potemkin is gonna be here whether Robo-Ky is dead or not. :psyduck:

Also consider that Guilty Gear Storywriting has evolved over the years.

GG: The World Versus Testamant/Justice

GGX: Umm...Dizzy?

GGX+: Finally something cohesive, but still alternate paths and endings.

GGXX: A vocal Track! But still kinda messy.

GGXXAC+: Better dialogue and storytelling, but still a few mistakes here and there with how the plot presents itself (visual limitations)

GG2 Overture: Not only do we have dialogue, but visual direction and interaction, as well as techniques like dialogue during the interactive parts of the game making battles more engaging.

And then...you have BlazBlue: So many things turned on their ear.

Key Battle Dialogue: Characters voices change when fighting a certain person, and not just with the intro or victory quotes.

Even more cohesive interaction: Characters have more solidarity in how they interact, and even the parts that are completely made up (Tao's "lie"/Golden Tager) have some type of direction. There's even a timeline of sorts going on in the background of the events.

Emotional Dialogue/Visual Novel Aspects: More immersion with characters not only having talking faces and poses, but also the ability to make choices with alternate and true endings only available after certain endings are achieved (Litchi's true ending can't be seen unless you beat Arakune's for example).

Anyway, the point is, as far as plot devices go, brainwashing is kinda half-baked, so don't take it too seriously...same goes for when Dizzy fought Robo-Order-Sol.....not really a good plot device right there.

Nice explanation :yaaay:

So for the most part, as much as I love both series (more of Guilty Gear). BlazBlue does a better job at story execution overall than Guilty Gear. I might be an ass for saying this but I would surmise that when they were producing BlazBlue, they probably knew the mistakes in story structure the Guilty Gear X,XX series had.

In my opinion, Guilty Gear 2 Overture(Highly underrated) had the most lucid story in Guilty Gear.

I feel like it has to do with how the stories are written.

When I asked about how far ahead the stuff is thought out at Fanime, Daisuke basically said he comes up with stuff and puts it together as he goes while Mori said that BlazBlue's story is already planned out and only details need to be put in still.

I think that really affects how lucid the storytelling is.

What do you mean how the story is written?

So Daisuke is developing the story gradually and Mori had already planned out the whole story for BlazBlue from beginning to end? I don't really know what to say about a planned out story since BlazBlue is a mainstream fighting franchise and it would undoubtedly meet to an end at sometime unless he's been making it for 2-3 years (which he already conveyed during interviews).

True, although the story in BlazBlue (console) only captivated me for a little bit... Maybe the requirements for 100% seemed to tedious if that's the right word.

The argument really doesn't speak for the result so much as the process, BB made characters based on likeable themes and had to revise their appeal to be fresh, then built story around that. GG characters had story and theme from the getgo, so building something elaborate to link characters was the challenge. Two different processes.

I didn't really intend make look like an argument really between the two series. I'm just wondering will BlazBlue still continue if Mori had planned all of the story beforehand and just needs the details to be written in every game. Since it's pretty hard to actually end video game series because of demand.

Well there's a thing in comic books called "Arcs"...it basically has a saga or story covered by a series of smaller stories. In this case we have "Calamity Trigger+Continuum Shift+????" as the "Ragna=the=Bloodedge Arc" where the core of the story surrounds him.

Here's another example:

Metal Gear covers the exploits of Solid Snake, however that point diverged as of MGS2: Sons of Liberty.

Guns of the Patriots ends the Solid Snake Arc...however Metal Gear Rising will be covering Raiden's exploits. This is a technique which introduces characters in a story yet gives them their own story, it sometimes works, and sometimes doesn't work if not executed properly.

I'm betting the next Guilty Gear will revolve around Sin and the next Valentine if you consider how the story has progressed so far.

All of the Metal Gear series revolves around Snake, or revolves around expanding the setting around Snake.

MGS2 was split into two scenarios "Tanker" and "Big Shell(?)", and both revolve around Snake so to speak. The entire concept of Raiden in MGS2 was to showcase how "badass" Solid Snake was, and to have novice questions and routines not through the eyes of the experienced and war-hardened Solid Snake, but through a VR-trained zero-experienced soldier named Raiden.

Well Blade still proved a point, that BlazBlue is focusing on Ragna The Bloodedge arc, though I can't see anyone else being the main after Ragna's arc is finish but whatever floats Mori's boat I guess.

About that Guilty Gear sequal, I think it would revolve on the 5 year interval first or something at least. I'd kill to listen to some new tracks (my daily dose of music consists of 90% Daisuke) . Any new tracks from Daisuke other than BlazBlue recently?

I wish I could tell you but A.S.H. and Koichi Seiyama the guys who help put Daisuke's music together don't exactly have a website of their own that I know of.

Good work :)

BTW, why Nightmare Fiction link in your signature doesn't work? There was a lot of stuff I wanted to read that was posted on 10th page... :(