Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blade

The OFFICIAL Guilty Gear Canon Plotline Q & A Thread

I apologize, right now the Server and Host for my site is currently down. I'm thinking about finding and setting up a mirror, if someone could recommend a good FTP site for me?

Got a few questions- mostly looking for clarity.

What exactly is the purpose of the PWAB? I understand it was to govern human affairs during the war, but why did it continue to exist afterward? How did it turn from a governmental organization to what looks like a scientific corporation, considering it looks like they want to experiment on people or something. I can understand why they'd want Dizzy or anyone with powers, but why would they want people like Baiken or Bridget? Also, was That Man ever involved in it?

What other info do we have on Frederick/Aria/That Man's relationship before the war? In Justice's AC ending it's implied they were good friends, so were Justice and Sol scientists at one point? Did they volunteer to become gears or did That Man force it on them? Is that what caused their relationship to sour? What was Testament's deal in all this, considering, IIRC, he was one of the artificial humanoid gears created earlier on? Also, why does Justice not seem to remember any of this until just before her death?

Why does That Man's skin glow blue in Anji's GGXX ending?

I read somewhere that Raven is Axl from the future after excessive time slips. Is this just bullshit or is there a chance it's true?

What exactly is the purpose of the PWAB? I understand it was to govern human affairs during the war, but why did it continue to exist afterward? How did it turn from a governmental organization to what looks like a scientific corporation, considering it looks like they want to experiment on people or something.

They were supposed to have been disbanded when the presence of the Union of Nations made them unneeded, but they managed to preserve themselves and seem to have a certain goal. So they're not a scientific corporation (the experiments are just a means to an end and don't comprise a large part of their operation), but rather seem to be trying to become a shadow government for the entire world.

I can understand why they'd want Dizzy or anyone with powers, but why would they want people like Baiken or Bridget?

They don't want Baiken or Bridget. Baiken is just noteworthy because she's Japanese and is searching for "That Man," whereas Bridget has a profile mostly because he's looking for Dizzy and comes from a wealthy family.

Also, was That Man ever involved in it?

No.

What other info do we have on Frederick/Aria/That Man's relationship before the war? In Justice's AC ending it's implied they were good friends, so were Justice and Sol scientists at one point?

Frederick, Aria, and "That Man" were three of the scientists who worked on the Gear Project, and were good friends with each other.

Sol is confirmed to be Frederick and it's pretty obvious that Justice was Aria.

Did they volunteer to become gears or did That Man force it on them? Is that what caused their relationship to sour?

It's all but outright stated that it was against their will (and I think is outright stated in the supplementary material). And yes, it is one of the reasons Sol is hunting "That Man."

What was Testament's deal in all this, considering, IIRC, he was one of the artificial humanoid gears created earlier on?

Apparently, Testament was supposed to be a Gear that would fight alongside humans rather than against them, but wasn't immune to Justice's commands.

Also, why does Justice not seem to remember any of this until just before her death?

She did remember, she just didn't recognize Sol until after he beat her.

Why does That Man's skin glow blue in Anji's GGXX ending?

I don't think that was ever explained.

I read somewhere that Raven is Axl from the future after excessive time slips. Is this just bullshit or is there a chance it's true?

That's thought to be the case ("That Man" even heavily implies it in one of Axl's endings), but I remember something (probably one of the MCs) that said it's not true.

To clarify, PWAB tends to function via various hidden bases around the world. They've done everything from making Robo-replicants, analyzing Ki data, attempted exceeding the 12 Steps of Magic Chords (created Forbidden Magic), modified humans in to Gears (Testament), and also have ties to the Assassin's Syndicate and U.N. as well as Old World Zepp.

Ky says they should have disbanded (I'm assuming he says this due to their inhumane practices), but it should be noted that one of the head figures of PWAB is Crow who is suspected to be a former criminal from Dimensional Prison, so it's safe to assume a lot of shady characters are members of this "corrupt" organization. I think it's also quite possible that military factions have utilized PWABs resources in the past, regarding Dr. Paracelsus (A.B.A.'s creator being abducted by the military), and they may be responsible for a lot of the "war relics" that were created (Flament Nagel).

As of now, the Syndicate has waged all-out war with PWAB, so there will be something big going down in the next GG installment.

I was wondering if we know for certains which of the endings are canon in XX/AC+?

I'm particularly interested in Johnny/May's endings, and whether or not May remained with the Jellyfish Pirates.

I can't really say for sure. Usually we don't find out what was Canon or not till the next installment.

For example:

GGX+: Axl goes to visit Faust and learn about his problem, Faust suggests he go see That Man.

GGXX: Axl goes to see That Man, and gets warped somewhere.

GGXXAC+: Axl winds up in the Crusades and has to find his way out by fighting (this is suggested to I-no how to trap Sol).

Sry if this was already covered but I heard that in one of the endings of ggac+ sol goes back in time and fights order sol and Kills him. So shouldn't sol have died as well.

Sry if this was already covered but I heard that in one of the endings of ggac+ sol goes back in time and fights order sol and Kills him. So shouldn't sol have died as well.

That occurs in both of his endings. In his bad end, "That Man" shows up and says that Sol actually isn't going to die (though the CG seems to indicate otherwise), whereas his other ending has him attack I-no afterwards before returning to the normal timeline.

Time travel is kind of weird in GG, so I don't know why exactly Sol doesn't die, but I'd imagine it's probably that Order-Sol's death simply produced a different timeline rather than directly affect the one in the games.

Sol was gravely wounded to be sure, however, like I said before in a rather long explanation, the death of Order-Sol was the result of a beta timeline created by I-no the moment she sent herself and Sol into the past. Because Sol successfully denied the fact that this timeline had anything to do with him, he was sent back into the future, eventually having a conversation with Ky in regards to Dizzy.

_______ Normal Timeline

\_____ Diverging Timeline

(After Sol's return):

___________ Normal Timeline

\_____/

As a result this Beta Timeline no longer exists (so long as no one else tampers with it).

Of course, there is a level of acceptance and denial involved. Here's another example:

Ky was killed by a rampaging Megadeth class Gear in one of the drama CDs....it was later killed by Sol who had arrived too late. I-no was nowhere near the scene when this happened.

In the "accepted" timeline, I-no uses her power to push the Megadeth Gear away sparing Ky the killing blow. She does this, but also erases Ky's memory of his encounters with her somehow, allowing him to accept the situation as unsolvable (saving I-no) just as Sol comes in to finish the Megadeth Gear off once more. As a result Ky does not recognize her when she places the false bounties on several people Ky has met as of GGXX.

Her logic was to "put the people who should be in the spotlight on the stage", in other words to put more charismatic persons in the world in the forefront of influence in deciding humanity's fate.

It is because Ky no longer remembers his first encounter with I-no that this timeline still continues to exist and progress, though Sol remembers, it appears this has no affect on him. Somewhat like an entropic effect (those who aren't involved can bear witness to events being altered, while those who are involved cannot).

wow. Thanks blade for explaining this, It sure does clear up a few things about that ending.

It should be noted that there's some "suspended" belief involved with Sol's return from that altered timeline, when Raven called I-no back.

First of all...you cannot go into the past and alter your past's future for the simple reason that your past's future (i.e. your present) is still occurring.

What's more, you cannot go to the future and visit your future self, because your past future self (i.e. your present) has left the timeline of that particular sequence of events, like tearing a slide out of a video reel. In essence, your future self would no longer exist and your present self would BECOME your future self (this is Why Back to the Future II doesn't work).

Likewise, there is some suspended belief regarding the point in time Sol left and returned. It is ASSUMED that Sol left and went into the past (2172) and returned to the present era (2181) and returned at the exact point in which he left...making it so that there is no gap in the timeline in which Sol does not exist or a point in time that "skips over" the point in which Sol left in the first place...making some kind of distorted Sol redundancy.

And by "suspended belief" I mean...you pretty much have to believe everything is happening as it says on the tin so to speak. Any further speculation makes even MY head hurt.

Lastly, regarding Axl Low:

It is clear he goaded his past self into fighting himself so that he could trigger in Cable's words a "Time Flip", so that he could make another time jump, either to a better era, or some other means.

Basically what that means is, whenever two powerful combatants clash, the vibrations could very well tear a hole in the time continuum.

I have no idea if this applies to BlazBlue physics or not, however, even if it appears Haku-men is capable of cutting through time-space.

OK, i got allot of things to wonder about and since i cannot get a good answer form it i decide to post my questions and hunches here.

About That man and the PWAB.

The more i keep thinking about That man and (especially) the PWAB the more i start thinking about this:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AncientConspiracy

The thing i notice so far is that both That man and the PWAB are trying to gain for something and i got this feeling that both That man and the PWAB are locked into some kin of battle over knowledge. I feel that the bureau is trying to gain certain knowledge and absolute control over the nations no matter what the costs are and that That man is mostly acting like a observer and is sending his minions here and there to move the ones he is observing or to fix certain stuff before it goes out of control (like sending Anji to trap I-no before she goes more unnecessary harm).

Can both That man and the PWAB be placed into the "Ancient Conspiracy" theory i have at this moment?

Also, I kinda read somewhere that there are a awful lot of different company's that invest time and money into gear research. I kinda feel that the majority of those research centers are now somehow controlled by the bureau in a direct or indirect matter. I will be interested to see if we get to see a character that was once part of the PWAB but decide to turn against them because of certain issues he/she had with the bureau (i think someone on dustloop once create such a character on a certain tread).

About crow and his Justice clones. Are his clones mostly robotic and can Crow mostly control them because he is a Japanese and therefor have access towards certain powers where the original Justice was so afraid about?

(sorry if these things have already been answered. )

You know, i once paged through the whole GG extra stuff and it keep wondering what happen afterwards with Tyr and Mizuha. I know that in the last page that they are still searching for the one that created Tyr but is there any information about what happen afterwards? And about their powers, was Tyr's main magic type water/ice or goes he have two or more different types of powers? And goes Mizuha's power gonna cause her some more trouble on the future (like awaking certain gears)? My peculation is that Tyr and Mizuha are still followed by the PWAB and that Tyr is getting more and more powerful as time goes by and that Mizuha will be the target of a certain attack that will change her forever (or maybe even kill her). I also peculate that That man once created Tyr, altough there is zero proof about this.

About the true story line.

If Daisuke is ever gonna add a "true ending" than what might to be?

My (crack) theories so far:

Zato-one (eddie): Eddie is captured by That man (after being wounded badly by Milla Rage) and he might turn into a powerful creature (Likely).

Milla Rage: her seal on angra gets broken (after some heavy fighting with Eddie),goes on a killing spree and gets killed by Millia's fanboy. However her body gets stolen by the PWAB and she gets resurrected by a group of scientists (by fusing both Millia's and Angra's DNA together) (unlikely but possible).

Vemon: disbands the assassin guild and takes a career as a professional pool player and taking a orphan child named "eddie" however he is starting to have the same nightmares he had before his fatefull battle with Milla Rage and discovers that the assassin guild has been put together again with Volf leading them.Venom, suspecting some foul play in the works, Venom decide to go after the assassin guild and find out on how Volf manage to survive his execution...

I really wanna post more of those theories But i'm not sure if this is the tread to post such stuff.

Anyway. i gonna go now. i gonna check this post later....

Not exactly story-related but...

Does anyone know what exactly Zappa is wearing?

It looks like that white mold is grafted to his skin. Yet he is wearing a speedo over it and has a t-shirt on under it. Is it explained somewhere in his background?

The thing i notice so far is that both That man and the PWAB are trying to gain for something and i got this feeling that both That man and the PWAB are locked into some kin of battle over knowledge. I feel that the bureau is trying to gain certain knowledge and absolute control over the nations no matter what the costs are and that That man is mostly acting like a observer and is sending his minions here and there to move the ones he is observing or to fix certain stuff before it goes out of control (like sending Anji to trap I-no before she goes more unnecessary harm).

Can both That man and the PWAB be placed into the "Ancient Conspiracy" theory i have at this moment?

That trope isn't really applicable to either of them. The PWAB's current agenda most likely formed shortly after their supposed disbandment, not when they were formed. As for "That Man," he's explicitly stated that he's preparing for a bigger threat than the Crusades (in fact, I'm pretty sure he also stated that that was why the Gear Project went the direction it did).

About crow and his Justice clones. Are his clones mostly robotic and can Crow mostly control them because he is a Japanese and therefor have access towards certain powers where the original Justice was so afraid about?

(sorry if these things have already been answered. )

They're machines. Crow's nationality would have nothing to do with his controlling them.

Regarding Crow's Justice copies, even he states they aren't even suitable to be used as a host body for Eddie.

And speaking of clones, playing through Dizzy's story mode again where she faces Order Sol and she mentions that this "feels familiar." Would that possibly the link she had with Justice? Or rather Justice's memories in her head if we were to assume that she's supposed to be a 'copy of Justice' and what-not.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but:

From what I understand, P.W.A.B. was initially organized by the United Nations as a disposal organization meant to clean up what remains of the Gears once the war was over, since they were bioweapons as well as biohazards, especially T-Type Gears. Not just the Gears, however, but anything associated with them, That Man, the various Gear Plants and companies and militaries and countries associated with them. Because of the fact they ignored the means to that end and actually tried to make Gears themselves, as well as facsimiles (the Sentinels, the Kinjuu, Forbidden Magicks), their actions were deemed inhumane and according to Ky, they were supposed to be dismantled.

Meanwhile you've got the history of That Man. Once he successfully completed the first fully manufactured Gear (i.e. the foundation for Justice, note this is NOT the prototype Frederick was), he disappeared from the Gear Project for a number of years. Later on it's assumed that A Country financed him several times over to restart the Gear Project, Frederick retaliated by creating the OutRage and Sacred Treasures. But That Man also worked for a number of countries, Old World Zepp, probably gained some of his data at some point. It is because That Man had his hands in the militaries of the world that multiple Gear Plants even existed.

That said, That Man initially treated his work as a lucrative business, but when things went south and his ideal didn't come to fruition (Gears and humans coexisting, or at the very least, "evolving"), Justice came into the picture. She has any number of possible motivations for doing what she did, pregnancy the least of which. But one key motivation Justice had was, she was made into a weapon, and would have been dismantled if she did anything else but serve as one. It may be that That Man deliberately gave Justice a will (or preserved her original self) for this very purpose, or maybe it was his hope she would be a "Trigger" of sorts, to a better future.

Recall that, That Man, when he was eventually captured by the Gears and held as a prisoner in the main Gear Plant, he laments that he was unable to stop the conflict, what's more he regrets the very notion that mankind would ulimately be the victor of the Crusades, and everything would start over once again (this is prior to I-no's intervention). It wasn't That Man's intention that Mankind be the "sole victor" of the war or for the war to drag out as long as it did. The key to all of this is Dizzy herself. Because the War lasted until 2183, she became involved. Because I-no intervened, the war ended in 2175, a difference of 8 years.

Once I-no altered the world's timeline, she swore allegience to That Man, or at least went along with his plan. This is, I think, where That Man's genuine history actually begins. It is not known how long That Man was an aqaintance of Karasu ("Raven") and the other person. However, things begin to move in a direction That Man finally wanted. Eventually certain aspects of Gear kind have evolved to a state he is satisfied with (I'm sure he's fully aware of Ganymede), and he takes his first steps deeper into the origins of the Prime Fields, namely the source of the Gears, the Backyard. Thus he creates something called The Cube, based on his prototype Primefield data of Sol. I don't know what the Cube was for, but something "created by someone else" wanted it, and sent Valentine to get it.

I can't really say I know for certain if P.W.A.B. is the ones behind Valentine, but it is possible at this point, since they are seeking to obtain data on Dizzy, and have a lot of data on Justice by now. Recall that, in That Man's mind, a Merciless Apocalypse is a type of Forced Change in evolution, but the notion that Valentine is an illegitimate child, denotes she is not worthy to inherit "something".

As for everyone else, we don't know. I'm gonna say a lot can happen in 5-6 years, so you'll have to wait.

Regarding Zappa's outfit: I think it's some kind of safety suit...to prevent him from breaking his bones and such when he wakes up from his episodes...like how people have neck braces after a car accident.

To clarify: Prime Fields are genetic information for a specific kind of Gear, namely a Command Type, like Justice. Though BlazBlue mentions Prime Fields as the names of the Boundary Contact Mediums, they are not the same.

Info Post: Reiterating the Types of Gears Thus Far (according to Rank):

"Prototype Class" (Sol Only, since he can resist Gear Song influence)

Command Class (Justice, Solaria, Dizzy, Valentine to some extent)

"Humanoid Class" (not really a class per se, but Human Host Gears are up there in the rank, Testament and Sin are known examples)

Megadeth Class (Extremely Deadly, large, and powerful, Hydra is an example)

Flying Class (this can apply to many classes, even ones without wings that rely on magic chords to fly, but appears to apply to larger ones in particular, Dr. Paradigm is a smaller example)

Large Class (also applies to many classes)

Toxic Class (applies to many classes in various cases, T-Class Gears emit toxic poisons, similar to fungus spores or snake venom, The Sacred Order has created serum to prevent life loss in some cases)

Regular Class (applies to remaining footmen Gear types...Dr. P's little friends fall under this category, also there seem to be fairy type Gears as well, really tiny)

Hope that helps for any fiction writers. :)