Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TGS

SBO 2009 BlazBlue Results

No, Carl is not better than Nu or Rachel...just because a Carl made it into the finals, it doesn't change things like that. This mentality is old and tired, "Oh look this character won and got far he/she must be top tier!"

Not happy that Arakune won SBO but I knew it was gonna happen so whatever. Don't think I even wanna watch these BB matches since I can already play out in my head how it went down, not like we were gonna see anything new or interesting...just the same old stuff.

^this.

Player skill is a lot more important than the character itself. Dora is freaking amazing, which is why he made it so far with Bang. Same with Kyaku, he was able to get past v-13, with Carl.

Anyone know what happened with these Litchi's? Did they find some improved corner rape that borders on Carl's clap loop? Looking at the top 16, and to a lesser extent, the top 8, I am bit disappointed in the amount of "cheese" in the character spread. The only real surprises are Dora(Bang) and a Tao. All the other characters are either zoners or have near infinite combo loops. Again, I'm guessing these Litchi's have discovered some really long corner combo string and are really good at getting people in it. This is pure speculation of course, as I have no clue what actually went down. But for a rushdown-aggressive centric game, there is a disappointing lack of those characters in the end rounds. Overall, yeah I'm wanting a patch like pretty much everyone else.

results are eh whatever.

kind of bummed with BB SBO.

haha, I'm more hyped to watch the SF4 event than this.

QFT.

This was nothing special. Well, at least a Nu didn't win. I would've like more character variety too.

Lorax: Litchi actually has mostly close matchups with the cast. So they probably just outplayed their opponents. She also has damage now that riichi combos were found. Only need like 3-4 hits to kill somebody since nearly everything goes into a combo.

Anyone know what happened with these Litchi's? Did they find some improved corner rape that borders on Carl's clap loop?

Looking at the top 16, and to a lesser extent, the top 8, I am bit disappointed in the amount of "cheese" in the character spread. The only real surprises are Dora(Bang) and a Tao. All the other characters are either zoners or have near infinite combo loops. Again, I'm guessing these Litchi's have discovered some really long corner combo string and are really good at getting people in it. This is pure speculation of course, as I have no clue what actually went down. But for a rushdown-aggressive centric game, there is a disappointing lack of those characters in the end rounds.

Overall, yeah I'm wanting a patch like pretty much everyone else.

Uh, there was no Tao in top 8.

kakutoubishinTaokaka played v-13 not Tao.

Anyway, I'm with Buckle on being bummed about the BB results @ SBO. I was more hyped about the SFIV and GGXXAC results.

I'm only a rookie when it comes to BB and if Arakune would get nerfed I probably wouldn't even notice on my current playing level, but it doesn't make much sense to me to say a patch is needed based on tourney results. Do you want a patch after every tourney to nerf the winning characters or those represented an X percentage?

Good lord, Tager would have had to win for some of you people to not bitch. FFS, almost half of the top 8 was comprised of characters considered low-tier. I'm also impressed that Fumo managed to beat Ribaia and go on to win, considering Nu is generally considered a bad match-up for Arakune.

most of the ppl who qualified had to win two tournaments and a large majority of the people who won those happend to be nu, arakune, and rachel.

also out of the top 16, 11 of them were the top 3.

dumb.

Anyone know what happened with these Litchi's? Did they find some improved corner rape that borders on Carl's clap loop?

All the other characters are either zoners or have near infinite combo loops. Again, I'm guessing these Litchi's have discovered some really long corner combo string and are really good at getting people in it.

Why does Litchi need this to do well?

this

lol patch? theres not going to be a patch ffs, its all purely speculation and rumor and if they do patch they'll announce it before but like I said, there is no official confirmation of a patch also the top 8 were more spread then I thought they would which is def a good thing I mean shit, 2 litchis, a carl and a dora made it, pretty suprised it wasnt a racheal/nu/arakune vs nu fight for the finals

Well, not sure about a patch, but there is almost for sure going to be more iterations considering how big the community seems in comparison to GG at least. I don't remember, but how long did it take for #R to come out after XX was released?

I'm only a rookie when it comes to BB and if Arakune would get nerfed I probably wouldn't even notice on my current playing level, but it doesn't make much sense to me to say a patch is needed based on tourney results. Do you want a patch after every tourney to nerf the winning characters or those represented an X percentage?

Anyone who thinks Arakune needs a nerf based on Fumo's victory is just flat-out stupid. People are paying too much attention to tier lists and not enough to actual match-ups. None of the matches he played were significantly in his character's favor, consisting almost entirely of mirror and versus Nu except for the finals against Carl which doesn't seem like a particularly easy match-up either.

Looking at the top 16, and to a lesser extent, the top 8, I am bit disappointed in the amount of "cheese" in the character spread. The only real surprises are Dora(Bang) and a Tao. All the other characters are either zoners or have near infinite combo loops. Again, I'm guessing these Litchi's have discovered some really long corner combo string and are really good at getting people in it. This is pure speculation of course, as I have no clue what actually went down. But for a rushdown-aggressive centric game, there is a disappointing lack of those characters in the end rounds.

What an asshole post.

Anyone who thinks Arakune needs a nerf based on Fumo's victory is just flat-out stupid. People are paying too much attention to tier lists and not enough to actual match-ups. None of the matches he played were significantly in his character's favor, consisting almost entirely of mirror and versus Nu except for the finals against Carl which doesn't seem like a particularly easy match-up either.

If you wanna look at it matchup wise.

If you took out the top 3 characters in this game every other matchup with each other is very close to event or a 6/4 tops.

The game is pretty balanced with the exception of top 3