Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Otakuchin

NEW ENGLAND THREAD *(A fusion of states and Shit talk)*

Agreed, good shit! After Fraga/BlueNINE or whoever said Anji was like Noel I took to looking at more vids of his gameplay. Granted I know jack about this game but it looks like he's using his 236HS to go through moves and score counter hits. Kinda like how BBCS Noel has to 5D through things? If I'm completely off lemme know hah

Agreed, good shit! After Fraga/BlueNINE or whoever said Anji was like Noel I took to looking at more vids of his gameplay. Granted I know jack about this game but it looks like he's using his 236HS to go through moves and score counter hits. Kinda like how BBCS Noel has to 5D through things? If I'm completely off lemme know hah

Yeah, that's Fujin, like I said last night. You'll like him when you learn his Guard Points

Yeah Anji is pretty good for someone of low tier. For added inspiration, check out some of Zidane's pink Anji, he is one of the best Anji players in the states with his whole shiitsu traps and fujin loops.

He psychic burst grabbed me (air threw me before the burst came out) during our MM last NEC. That was the First time that ever happened to me and I was like:psyduck::vbang: His zoning game and tech traps are really strong too.

Well if Tinshi ever posts the video I could show you, but I'll try to explain. Basically a burst grab is when you bait your opponents burst, then avoid it by spacing (usually by not throwing out the next move they were expecting, so your hit box is out of range of their burst), or slashback. However if you're truly godlike you can jump a frame or two after your opponent uses burst, and airthrow them before the burst becomes active. They hop in the air, you hop right after and grab them. You don't even see the burst come out, but their burst meter empties. This is what Zidane did to me and what I mean by psychic burst grab

I've psychic burst grabbed someone before. It was a long night of matches with me and my friend(TritoneTerror on dustloop). May Vs. Baiken. We had one epic match(looking back I wish we were recording) and since we had been playing each other all night I got really used to what he was going to do and when. I predicted a burst and I airgrabbed him out of it with super reflexes. Needless to say, he wasn't very happy lol, but it was still awesome.

NO!!! It's when you gold burst to counter someone elses' gold burst........THAT is when you know your good!!! lol seriously though, have any of you ever gold burst to avoid getting a gold burst....some stupid sh** hahaha

Bluenine and I once gold bursted at the exact same time, then immediately upon landing tried to throw eachother.

ACT was a blast. Wish I had gotten a bit more rest beforehand, but it's all good. Next time, I hope more people will make it! Shame that so many people missed out on this one.

Final Round is this weekend, and Anime Boston is coming up quickly -- less than a month to go! Train up, people. I'm hoping the AB tournament will be crazy. If you aren't going to Final Round,

Also, in case there's any doubt...it entirely worth learning stick, even though it takes a while. The degree of overall control, comfort it offers (especially when playing a lot), techniques that it allows for, and that arcade feel are all pretty key.