Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Otakuchin

NEW ENGLAND THREAD *(A fusion of states and Shit talk)*

So the meet up at NoiseTank's was a blast even though we only had 4 people.

NoiseTank: thanks for having us over man, your room could use a bit more elbow room though. That Mexican place you showed us was really good; great food within walking distance is a definite advantage of city living. It is good that you have been fully converted to stick.

Mindgam3: blocking slayer is hard, thanks for the practice with that. Read Scott Pilgrim. Thanks for dropping me off at the bus station and putting up with my attempt to sing along to the Megas.

Vierge: Thanks also for putting up with my amateur singing. Your blocking has improved, and you're starting to get the hang of dolphin loop. Work on throw mix ups (cross up j.2H feint into OHK. horizontal dolphin whiff just out of range into OHK/dust mix up, etc), varying your air tech direction/ timing, and air to air (jump H is very mean, and the most frustrating thing about fighting May).

IllogicalDreamr: I'll see you next time dude, I wanna do some Baiken mirrors so I can get a feel for that matchup. It really messes with my head.

4 player Scott Pilgrim was Fantastic! Band Super Taunt FTW:keke:

Mindgam3: blocking slayer is hard, thanks for the practice with that. Read Scott Pilgrim. Thanks for dropping me off at the bus station and putting up with my attempt to sing along to the Megas.

Your singing voice caught us off guard as to how good it was. Noisetank can learn how to play guitar, Vierge can learn the drums, and I'll just sit on the side fiddling around.

Noisetank, thanks for hosting! Your execution on stick is now leagues better than on pad, so just keep practicing and we'll turn you into something fierce.

Thanks for the advice. Starting with Ril's meetup, I went through two weekends of being bodied by Millia :gonk:

So the meet up at NoiseTank's was a blast even though we only had 4 people.

NoiseTank: thanks for having us over man, your room could use a bit more elbow room though. That Mexican place you showed us was really good; great food within walking distance is a definite advantage of city living. It is good that you have been fully converted to stick.

Thanks for coming vyers mindgam3 and vierge. It was lovely having you all over despite the rain. I will continue to practice and will work hard to finish my stick.

As for the room, I move in to my new place this Wednesday and am planning to make efforts enabling the room to accomodate more people.

There's no Southern Mass. There is Massachusetts, and there is Western Mass. The difference is stuff actually happens in Massachusetts.

Just moved to Brighton/Boston from San Pedro CA near Long Beach. i main Hakumen not great but trying to get better. Does Boston itself have much of a fighting game scene?

Just moved to Brighton/Boston from San Pedro CA near Long Beach. i main Hakumen not great but trying to get better. Does Boston itself have much of a fighting game scene?

We all post in this thread now. To answer your question, there are a few peeps out in Eastern MA (Boston Area) for BBCS but you could head down to Game Universe which is a game store in Framingham, MA (which is about maybe a half-hour from Boston) every Tuesday for some comp. I honestly think more of our competition is in Western MA (my area) and Furok hosts casuals at his place almost every Wednesday. Anyways, check out our new thread to see what we got going on.