Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Id_asz

FFA BB & MB Bi-Weeklies - (Granada Hills, CA)

Edit, I guess after I fix Gnats stick that is...................who solders buttons directly to a pcb.

God I know. The worst are the ones where they take the chip from the controller, bend out all of the pins and solder straight to that.

The main reason we're doing PS3 is because of controllers. PS2/PS3 adaptors work well and a lot of people use the PS2/PS3 controller itself for BB. PS2/PS3 controller >> XBox 360 controller for fighting games. Also, it fits with the same controllers we'll need for MBAA.

DPs are underrated. Just remember that next time and DP like you have never DP'd before.

God I know. The worst are the ones where they take the chip from the controller, bend out all of the pins and solder straight to that.

DAM IT I DIDN"T DO ENOUGH DP!!!

Damn straight you didn't! Always remember my wise words, DP! DP! DP! Do it again, he won't expect it!

OMG, REAL? I gotta see one of thoes, given (what i think) how small the chip is , i'd think it'd be work of art.

Ugh, I've seen quite a few of those. The wires are naked and soldered straight to the switches so if the switches stop working you can't replace them. They hold everything together with scotch tape. It's just a complete mess... I can't believe people sell these sticks like this.

Ugh, I've seen quite a few of those. The wires are naked and soldered straight to the switches so if the switches stop working you can't replace them. They hold everything together with scotch tape. It's just a complete mess... I can't believe people sell these sticks like this.

DAMMMNN, didn't know people SOLD sticks setup like that, WOW, i wonder how it even held up during shipping! :psyduck:

Anyone have an idea where we'll find the link for the videos? :o I wanna see how bad Mike Z destroyeeed me. :P

I'm assuming he'll come on here and post a link to his Youtube page.

I'm assuming he'll come on here and post a link to his Youtube page.

How's the video from last tournament (8/16) coming along? I want to see my match w/ Bang Camaro from last tournament.

How's the video from last tournament (8/16) coming along? I want to see my match w/ Bang Camaro from last tournament.

:psyduck::psyduck: I've been sending rampant txt's to Cat for her to try to hit me up ASAP so we can get this finished. She said something like 'I'm free after the 5th.' So this weekend could very well be what we've been waiting for.

And Mike, don't pine for me too much. I'm just happy to be one of the better players there!

lol.. and I want to play you in a 'Wow, who uses alts?' match. Your Tao vs my Carl, yeaaaaa.:yaaay:

lol.. and I want to play you in a 'Wow, who uses alts?' match. Your Tao vs my Carl, yeaaaaa.:yaaay:

Main: Carl

Alt: Carl

Secondary alt: Carl

I think you get my point.

In most fighting games I play as quite a few different characters, but for some reason I only play Carl for BB. In GGXX I played 8 characters I think (Baiken, Jam, Millia, Axl, I-no, Eddie, Testament, Venom; yeah 8).

The next tournament will be on 9/13, but I'm making sure that MBAA will go through before I change the first post for it. I'll probably know tomorrow. BB will definitely be going on at 5PM, and if MBAA is going, it will be at 1PM (maybe 2PM?) EDIT: Probable MBAA casuals tomorrow. If I get everything set up I'll definitely set up a TV for it. Bring your own joysticks if you want to use them. I'll have one joystick and two PS2 controllers. Console exclusive characters are cool for casuals (don't be a dick and choose Arceuid Red Moon Type >.<), but for tournament use we'll use arcade characters only.

I'm considering letting the console exclusive characters in on the MBAA tourneys (besides Type Earth) based on the criticism I've been getting about it on the meltybread.com forums. Any MB players who don't post there care to give their two cents about it? There's also an Arcade mode and an Original mode (similar to BB) in the MBAA console version. The biggest argument I've heard for it is that the console version is going to be what the new MBAA arcade version will be. The biggest argument against it (it's posed by me, every post I've seen in the MB forums are for the use of console characters) is that they aren't in arcade yet and that practically every fighting game doesn't allow console exclusive characters or features for tournaments (for games that have an arcade version). Because of the MB community in MeltyBread being so for the use of console characters, I'm swaying towards their side at the moment. EDIT: Confirmed, MBAA casuals this Friday night. Rex (who's a rat-bastard for not signing up for dustloop >.<) will be bringing in his copy for us to play. And from then on I should be able to bring mine in as well. P.S. Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game is now working. I challenge anybody to a match of the best game in the world!

I'll try to make it tomorrow, sounds like a blast. Btw, do you need another person to bring a PS2 and a copy of the game to play if there starts to be a lot of people? If not I'll just bring my stick.

I'll try to make it tomorrow, sounds like a blast.

Do you need another person to bring a PS2 and a copy of the game? If not I'll just bring my stick.

One PS2 should be enough, I'll be bringing mine. But if complications happen, it wouldn't hurt to have another PS2 and copy.

Cool, I have a suitcase that I fill with my PS2 and bunch of fighting games for just such occasions.

I'm considering having another Airdasher's Chronicles in the next few months. If so I'm looking for a good date to run it. Games we'll definitely run would include: BlazBlue Melty Blood Actress Again Guilty Gear XX Λ Core Games I'm considering adding if we could get people to help run them (and play them) would be: Arcana Heart (1 or 2 depending on what we can get) Daemon Bride (If we get the arcade game by then) Immaterial and Missing Power Eternal Fighter Zero -Memorial- Hokuto no Ken (Fist of the North Star) If there's another game you think people would consider playing we could run it too, (probably if you host it). There's a ton of other Airdashers I think probably nobody would play (BBB, SBX, probably some others I'm forgetting).