Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Id_asz

FFA BB & MB Bi-Weeklies - (Granada Hills, CA)

AGnat was hosting the last GG tournament, I haven't run it by with him yet, but he'll probably be running this one, too.

I am?:8/:

I am!!!:yaaay:

Hopefully we get a good chunk of players.. I want our GG tourneys to OUT-HYPE the BB ones! YEA!

Excellent tournament. Great stuff all around. Thanks to Id_asz and AlmightyGnat for the MBAA, BB and GGXXAC tournaments. I was really surprised at how many people showed up for MBAA and was even more surprised by how good everyone was. It really inspired me to bring up my game to catch up with everyone else. I'll try to post up the videos later this week when I have a bit more time on my hands. GGXXAC tournament was fun since it has been YEARS since I've played a Guilty Gear tournament. Really, I had fond memories playing in XX tournaments at FFA. I had a major nostalgia moment while playing everyone. What made it weird is that a few of the regulars back in the day showed up to watch the BlazBlue tournament. Almost like there was a god of Guilty Gear giving players a sign to come back. LOL. Everyone was rusty (myself included) but I'm sure if we got GG to be a regular feature at these tournaments, everyone will bounce back in no time flat and gets some epic matches going. I'd love for the competition to return perhaps bigger than before, that'd be awesome. The turnout and level of play for BlazBlue was amazing. Tournament gets bigger and wilder every time, if the trend continues we're going to need another BB cabinet and/or another PS3/360. Also, we got to get a regular camera person. Seriously, EPIC shit happened that will now only remain as a fond memory. Really guys, fantastic games. It was once again a pleasure to be a part of it all. I don't know about anyone else but looking forward to watching and playing so many excellent players has been my primary motivational tool to step up my game and try keeping up with everyone else. I know that is corny but it is how I truly feel. So yeah, I had a blast glad to know I wasn't the only one and I hope those that haven't posted feel the same.

Yo folks, good games at the BB tourney to everyone that I palyed. Was fun meeting everyone and the tourney ran quite smooth. I didnt do too bad for my first tourney :keke:.I wish I could have stayed a little longer and ran a few more ragna matches but next time folk. I got alot more practice to get in and gotta up the ragna for the next tourney. Im gunning for that number 1 ragna spot next tourney.

I've been getting some questions about Air-dasher's Chronicles 2, so let me go over all the info. Games that made the cut: BlazBlue Teams & Singles Melty Blood Actress Again Teams & Singles Guilty Gear XX Λ Core Arcana Heart FULL Hokuto no Ken (aka Fist of the North Star) Eternal Fighter ZERO Fate/Unlimited Codes Twinkle Star Sprites Games that didn't make the cut (and why): Marvel vs Capcom 2 (I really don't feel like opening that can of worms) Immaterial and Missing Power/Scarlet Weather Rhapsody (both not popular enough) Big Bang Beat (Not popular enough either) Sengoku Basara X (yeah, this game sucks, nobody wants to play it) Arcana Heart 2 Sugoi! (maybe if the PS2 version didn't suck so much we'd play this instead of AH1) Daemon Bride (I highly doubt we'll be getting this game before the tournament) Tatsunoko vs Capcom (It doesn't really seem to fit in, and I didn't get enough feedback for it) Vampire Savior (This was an interesting suggestion, VS was about as close as Capcom got to an airdasher [barring Marvel series, TvC and SBX]. If we held this I'd play it, but again not enough positive feedback for it. I think maybe the game is too old?) Phantasmagoria of Flower View (This is a versus shmup of the Touhou Project series. TSS is a classic and is more popular, so we'll do TSS instead) Possibilities for AC3 will include: Daemon Bride Unthinkable Natural Law (New Touhou Project fighting game that came out a month ago) Big Bang Beat (This is actually a pretty cool game, you should check it out) AC2 will take place in ~2-3 months. It will last over the course of two days. It'll play out something along the lines of: Day 1: 3 games, BB & MB Teams Day 2: 3 games, BB & MB Singles Because there will be so many tournaments, I'll need volunteers to help me run simultaneous games. If you have any questions about some of these games (maybe you've never heard of them and want to get into them), feel free to ask. I've played all of them, but haven't gotten into heavy play with a few of them. You have ~2-3 months to practice!

27, Saw the flyer on the machine last night.

Thanks. I figured when it said "next tournament 9/211," it had to be a typo.

I'll probably see you guys there, if I'm not too tired to drive. (Tattoo appointment the day before.)

Thanks. I figured when it said "next tournament 9/211," it had to be a typo.

I'll probably see you guys there, if I'm not too tired to drive. (Tattoo appointment the day before.)

The next tournament is 9/27. The one after that will be 10/11 (that's where the typo came in). Fixed it.

The next tournament is 9/27. The one after that will be 10/11 (that's where the typo came in). Fixed it.

Haha, I look forward to it. Maybe we'll annoy ourselves with some Carl dittos.

:vbang:

Haha, I look forward to it. Maybe we'll annoy ourselves with some Carl dittos.

:vbang:

I love playing Carl v Carl. I'm a very unconventional Carl player though (as maybe you'll see).

I love playing Carl v Carl. I'm a very unconventional Carl player though (as maybe you'll see).

I don't know what you mean by that, but I'm sure I'll have to play you to understand.

We can get the Carl-Nirvana-Nirvana-Carl C mashing out of the way early.

I don't know what you mean by that, but I'm sure I'll have to play you to understand.

We can get the Carl-Nirvana-Nirvana-Carl C mashing out of the way early.

I focus more on simultaneous button pressing combos rather than loops. I'll loop if the occasion is right, but I rarely try and force it. So for example, I'll 2B, 4123C6D (This makes me slide while the doll drill arms at the same time), then jump cancel into 2C, which puts them into position for the drill arm, things like that. I expect the doll to die once every round, and act accordingly. But you'll see what I mean if you see me play; like I said I don't focus on loops, and that's unconventional.

EDIT: I'm not saying one method is necessarily better than another, but my playstyle works for me.

I focus more on simultaneous button pressing combos rather than loops. I'll loop if the occasion is right, but I rarely try and force it. So for example, I'll 2B, 4123C6D (This makes me slide while the doll drill arms at the same time), then jump cancel into 2C, which puts them into position for the drill arm, things like that. I expect the doll to die once every round, and act accordingly. But you'll see what I mean if you see me play; like I said I don't focus on loops, and that's unconventional.

EDIT: I'm not saying one method is necessarily better than another, but my playstyle works for me.

Sounds good. I've seen a video or two of you from '08, I believe, so you can probably teach me a thing or two. I started like a month after console release. I have so much to learn!

Sounds good. I've seen a video or two of you from '08, I believe, so you can probably teach me a thing or two. I started like a month after console release. I have so much to learn!

Heh, yeah I've been playing Carl since Day 1 of arcade release. I knew a lot more Carl players back then, but they all either quit or switched characters. Playing Carl back then was very painful... We didn't have a DVD instructional video, lol.

Hopefully I'll see you at the tournament.

EDIT: I've watched some of those old videos with me in it and it's embarrassing, lol. I've gotten a lot better as you'll see when my video of the 3rd to last tournament comes up. AGnat is working on uploading that tournament onto youtube; I had a really good match with Bang Camaro. I've gotten better since then, but that'll probably be the best you'll see me on youtube for awhile.

Heh, yeah I've been playing Carl since Day 1 of arcade release. I knew a lot more Carl players back then, but they all either quit or switched characters. Playing Carl back then was very painful... We didn't have a DVD instructional video, lol.

Hopefully I'll see you at the tournament.

EDIT: I've watched some of those old videos with me in it and it's embarrassing, lol. I've gotten a lot better ..BLAH.

Lol, I would hope you've gotten better. Naturally over time, we all do. I look forward to seeing your new vids whenever they're up. I hope I don't get raped too hard. Do you know how many people you expect, btw? If it's enough to spill over to ps3, I may try and find you to request that I play any matches that I can on cabinet.

chances are it will be bigger than last one. We had 28 people last tournament, and if we have a bit more we'll need a second PS3 station.

chances are it will be bigger than last one. We had 28 people last tournament, and if we have a bit more we'll need a second PS3 station.

Well, let's just say I hope to play on cab. I'll bring my stick too, just in case..

There no way I going download 60 MBAA songs one at a time... If anyone could help that be nice ._.... + ID you gotta teach me Melty blood AA... I got addicted to it when i played act C.