Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Id_asz

FFA BB & MB Bi-Weeklies - (Granada Hills, CA)

Since this is such an on-going trend that we all expect it every other week. We can just keep a running thread instead of a new one every two weeks.

This thread is paralleled at Meltybread.com

Family Fun Arcade

10363 Balboa Blvd.

Granada Hills, CA 91344

(818) 360-0419

Next tourney up!

Posted Image

Sunday, November 22nd:

BlazBlue, Melty Blood, Guilty Gear and Twinkle Star Sprites:

MBAA: 1PM $3 per person

GGAC: 1PM $1 per person

BB: 5PM $5 per person

TSS: 5PM $1 per person

Rules:

Melty Blood Actress Again:

2/3 Matches Double Elim

This will take place on PS2s so be ready to bring your own controllers.

Console exclusive characters will be allowed with the exception of Archetype: Earth.

The game setting will be Original type.

Character counter-picks are allowed on loss.

Switching moon types is allowed each match.

Guilty Gear Λ Core:

2/3 Matches Double Elim

Arcade cabinet only.

The cabinet has PS2 ports set for default PS2 controls ( □ = Punch; X = Kick; Δ = Slash; O = H-Slash; R1 = Dust)

Bring your quarters for the machine, it won't be on free-play, so FFA won't take any cut.

BlazBlue:

2/3 Matches Double Elim

This will take place on the arcade cabinet and PS3s (if we have a large amount of entrants). Be prepared to bring your own PS3 controller.

For PS3 matches, the game must be set to Arcade mode, so no extra Astral Heats for other characters or awesome Bang install music.

If you would prefer to play/not play on a PS3 let me know and I'll make sure you play on arcade/PS3 only (as much as possible).

Please bring your own joysticks for the PS3 setup! I have one to lend out, but not two.

Twinkle Star Sprites:

2/3 Matches Double Elim

This will be on the MAME 1000 games in 1 machine. This means that lag will be different than the original version.

All characters including secret characters are allowed.

Bring quarters!

If you have any questions let me know, I'll try and answer them.

See You There!

-----------------

Results found here!

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7588

Match thread found here:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7604

I'll be playing tonight after I get off work, around 8PM. So come and get some games in with me!

Wewt! 3v3 Team Battles! Seung.. Kro.. I would love to get you two for my team. We'll give Team Jawsome a run for their moneys. :psyduck: ALSO, AN UPDATE ON MATCH VIDS: We will begin editing the videos this weekend. We will start uploading some shit during the week. Keep your eyes peeled.

I should get a Nu and an Arakune player. We could be called Team "Die in a Fire". EDIT: Seung + Tetsuya + Sasuke = Asian Invasion. That would be crazy.

I can make teams but not sure about singles. And yes, I'll team up with you A-gnat. Gonna be stacked :yaaay:

I think I can make it this time.

edit; Just re-read the whole post and noticed MBAA SINGLES!!!! next time.

I am officially hype.

I think I can make it this time.

edit; Just re-read the whole post and noticed MBAA SINGLES!!!! next time.

I am officially hype.

Yeah, Thank you console release! It will be on PS2, no console exclusive characters allowed. Bring your own sticks if you've got them. Again, looks like 9/13 will be the first day for this. The plan would be MB @ 1PM; BB @ 5PM every other week.

crikey! MBAA tourney? LOL I guess I'll buy the Console version to learn all the changes. Btw will a PS1 + 360 dualmod stick with a PS1/2 to PC USB adapter work on a PS3? The PS3slim looks to be an attractive buy and I'm considering getting a PS3 copy of BlazBlue (and other fighting games) so I can broaden my competitive horizons (outside of the Arcade of course).

Btw will a PS1 + 360 dualmod stick with a PS1/2 to PC USB adapter work on a PS3?

The PS3slim looks to be an attractive buy and I'm considering getting a PS3 copy of BlazBlue (and other fighting games) so I can broaden my competitive horizons (outside of the Arcade of course).

I make all my sticks from the psx controllers and use the "Hais ps2 to ps3 Conntroller & Memory Card Converter." (http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.6834). That works perfect for me on the ps3, so yeah adapters work the Hais one is lag free.

crikey!

MBAA tourney?

LOL I guess I'll buy the Console version to learn all the changes.

Btw will a PS1 + 360 dualmod stick with a PS1/2 to PC USB adapter work on a PS3?

The PS3slim looks to be an attractive buy and I'm considering getting a PS3 copy of BlazBlue (and other fighting games) so I can broaden my competitive horizons (outside of the Arcade of course).

The PS3 WILL NOT play region-locked PS2 games. PS3 games are not region-locked, but unless you have a japanese PS3, you can't play your Japanese PS2 games on your PS3.

So, in order to play MB:AA, you'll either need a Japanese PS2, or a modded memory card to play foreign games. I'm looking into the modded memory card specifics myself so that I can play MBAA.

dinnerplate: Thanks, I'll look into that. I have a Super Joy Box Pro 3 and if that don't work, I'll definitely pick one of those adapters you mentioned. Id_asz: I'm well aware of the import thing. That isn't a problem, half of my PS2 collection is imports that I play on my PS2. My PS3 question was: "Can I play on the PS3 if I use a PS1/2 to PC USB adapter with my PS1 + 360 Dualmod stick?" Because I didn't want to have to build another stick just to play on the PS3 if I can help it. You mentioned that if there are too many players, a PS3 versions would be set up and that people should bring a PS3 stick. I plan on getting a PS3 anyway but wanted to know if I can avoid having to get a whole new stick because whether I'm buying or building a stick, that is money I'd rather not spend if I can help it.

I can try to bring at least the essentials necessary to mod ps2 memory cards next tourney. That way, people will have a week to practice up for MBAA on their own consoles.

dinnerplate:

My PS3 question was:

"Can I play on the PS3 if I use a PS1/2 to PC USB adapter with my PS1 + 360 Dualmod stick?"

Yes, if you have the right adapter.

LOL Thanks again. Hmmm...I guess because I haven't had to search for another softmod after getting the Swap Magic years ago, I never heard about other PS2 softmod solutions. Heh, now if only these groups would come up with a way to softmod the Xbox360 so I could finally play Idolmaster and Dream C Club...yeah...

I'll be showing up for this, wondering if anyone from San Bernardino area would like to carpool to save on gas also, are matches recorded? if not, i'm down to bring set up a camcorder and record shit, although it won't be extremely high quality

I'll be showing up for this, wondering if anyone from San Bernardino area would like to carpool to save on gas

also, are matches recorded? if not, i'm down to bring set up a camcorder and record shit, although it won't be extremely high quality

The last tournament was recorded. AGnat and Cat are working on the editing right now. IDK if they'll be able to do it again this upcoming tournament.

Be warned, if you're going to record matches, you'll want to record more than just the finals and grand finals. Great matches happen in the middle of tournaments all the time, and if you aren't willing to record every match, you will miss great matches. And if you're willing to record 4 hours of matches be prepared to do a lot of editing.

BUT if you're willing to go through all that trouble, we'll all be very grateful :keke:

@Soniti: If you could help me mod a PS2 mem card, I would be eternally grateful.

Just got MBAA working and having a ball with F-akiha zoning. Just wish it were more effective...

Lots... of... editing...

Expect them this week some time.

I remember editing for a fake 30 sec public service announcement project. Took me about 3 hours.

Editing is a major pain in the ass. Whenever I see commercials where they fly by a bunch of clips of a movie really fast, I just think about how much editing must have gone into that little 10 second clip.

@Ike Takeda:

Yup, no two of the same characters allowed ^_^. I have no problem with that b/c nobody else plays my character, but for a character like Ragna or Noel, that would be really annoying. It's also annoying that you have to keep the same character throughout the tournament. That means that Seung can't go easy on you by picking one of his 7126t387 other secondary characters, and if he loses picks Tao :vbang:

I'll see about bringing MBAA to the arcade with me when I get it working. That way we can play on one of the console setups.

Hey guys just wondering if the majority of the BB playerbase plays at FFA/Denjin? I really want to up my game, but I think I hit a wall only playing AI comp (and lets not mention lol-line). Can anyone tell me when's a day all the OGs play so I can come and get my ass kicked and level up? I don't want to make the 1.5 hour drive only to play joe-smoe, or even worse, no one at all.

Hey guys just wondering if the majority of the BB playerbase plays at FFA/Denjin? I really want to up my game, but I think I hit a wall only playing AI comp (and lets not mention lol-line). Can anyone tell me when's a day all the OGs play so I can come and get my ass kicked and level up? I don't want to make the 1.5 hour drive only to play joe-smoe, or even worse, no one at all.

You can never go wrong with Friday night. There's always people here then. Typically around 8 o' clock there will always be players. But some of the good players come early too (Around 2PM), like Kro. If you're looking for other times other than the weekends, really you'll just have to come more often to see who plays.

I think most players are playing online. SoCal is practically the only place in the US where people don't ask, "Arcade, wut?"

Personally my schedule with school has made me play less. I'll always be here for a few hours of games on Friday nights, and we always do a lot of casuals before the tournaments start. I recommend you practice a bit on our machine just to get used to it before the tournament.