Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shinobi!

Xrd Battle Summit 2016 - 5v5 Regional Invitational

That thing from last year's Final Round. Yeah, we're doing it again.

But it's deeper than rap than that this time around. Xrd has gotten bigger over last year and with Revelator on the horizon, it's time I get a little more organized with this thing. If you have been following me on Twitter, you'll see that I confirmed that Final Round will be hosting a Summit. A Summit. I'm currently working with anime TOs and leaders from across the country to see that there are Summits at all 4 points of America this year. It's alot of work and some helping hands needed, but I feel I can finally see it come through this year.

So what is this Battle Summit you had at Final Round last year?

- It's a regional battle pretty much. Over the years, tournaments have been holding these where 5 players representing a specific region or state go against another region's 5 in an 8 team, double elimination bracket. $20/head (and higher), winner takes all. We did that last year at Final Round; it just has a name now. So 40 of the nation's best fought over 2 days of team battles.

Who won last year?

- Vet Coast. Daiandoh (VE)/MacBlunts (SL)/MarlinPie (ZA)/LordKnight (MI)/NerdJosh (EL)

Were there anymore planned in 2015?

- Yes, but Final Round was seen as a one time test run for any future tournaments we consider to hold the tournament in the future. Sans scheduling conflicts out of our control, the Summit was a success. Everyone I talked to did enjoy the screaming and pride on the line against other parts of the country. That's usually what these kind of team tournaments are all about. Who breeds the best in the country.

How do these Battle Summits work? Is there anyway I can fight alongside the best?

- The usual layout for these things is that there are 8 teams split up like this: 1 in-house team, 3 regional teams, 3 out-of-region teams, and 1 last chance qualifier. Take Final Round for example. It takes place in Georgia so there will be a Georgia team. Alabama, Florida, and Tennessee could be the regionals. Midwest, East Coast, and West Coast are the out-of-regions and the last team will be determined the day of. A few months ahead of the tournament, I speak with top players from each region that have confirmed their presence there. I ask if there is anyone else going with them and if so, would they participate in as well. They discuss within themselves and they send me a final lineup to enter the Summit. Once all the teams have been determined, the regions are randomized and the tournament begins. Double elim, pokemon style. The first team to beat the other 5 are determined the winner and move on. Member orders can be pre-determined or done on the spot.

- Whether or not you're up to par to fight for your state or region is up to whoever your team captain is. Ask around, you might know who it is already.

Wait, you said something about a last chance qualifier. What's that about?

- Before the main event starts, 5-man teams are welcome to enter a single elimination tournament to cover the 8th spot in the main event. It does not matter whether you're the same region or not. Bring your best friends and play. Call it a "wild card." This tournament is free of charge but there will be a cap on signup and you must be prepared to pay for the main event if your team wins.

If Final Round is just one Summit, what are the others for this year? Is there some sort of endgame?

- I currently plan on 5 Summits I personally plan on being at: Final Round (1st Summit) -> Combo Breaker (2nd Summit) -> Evolution (Midway [up to 16 teams]) -> CEOtaku (4th Summit) -> NEC (Final Summit). Given the time frames and locations of these tournaments, these are the best 5 to ensure all of the strongest can participate. There may be more or less but that comes in due time. This is the plan as of this moment. I plan on the last Summit of the year to always be NEC, and I do want it to be the most hype aside from Evolution. If you ask for an endgame, it should be there. What that endgame is...I don't know but I want it to be worth alot of money and previous champions.

Any information on the upcoming Summit?

- I've gotten an A-OK from ShinBlanka (Final Round head TO) to go on with planning out this thing. I've 6 teams set in mind as of this moment: Bama, Georgia, Florida, Midwest, East Coast, West Coast, with possible reaction from Texas, North Carolina (last year's LCQ winner), and possibly another East Coast team. If you have any questions about Final Round's Summit or anything in general about this, you can hit me up on Twitter (@Cluckw0rk) or post here! Teams have yet to be finalized for Final Round so start asking around!

Thanks for your time, and I'll see you at Final Round!

I've been working with TheHadou to start setting things up for Combo Breaker, so that event is a GO for the Xrd Battle Summit Shinobi! I'll also discuss with some Midwest people on who can go/participate in the Summit at Final Round, I'll get at you when a team has been organized.