Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ahdes

Double Hammer Fall

14 minutes ago, ahdes said:

Hi,

Require some help on how to do a double hammer fall.

I also have trouble doing 6HS into Hammer fall

Define "double hammer fall" further. Do you mean hammer fall > break > hammer fall? Or literally two full hammer falls? I assume the former, but I want to make sure.

As for 6H into HF, it's actually not as hard as you think. You're probably just trying to cancel too early. Obviously, you begin by inputting 6H, and then immediately holding 4 as soon as humanly possible. Then, you do the rest of the input for HF a split second AFTER you hit with 6H. To get a good indicator of the timing, watch the 6H animation. See how he kinda throws one leg back behind him, in the air? Right after you hit with 6H, you'll see that leg kinda "jerk" once. That's when you should be hitting H for hammer fall, or possibly a frame or so before.

Hi Darlos.

Thanks. My problem was that i was waiting for the 6HS to hit confirm before holding 4. I am now able to do it rather consistently by holding 4 immediately regardless of waiting for the 6HS to punch.

Double hammerfall as in. HF>break HF.

Ah. Yeah the thing you need to understand is that you can charge back for a charge move at ANY time, regardless of what your character is doing. Or even what YOU are doing. Press all the buttons you like while charging back, the charge will still persist until you let go of 4. So its the same thing with HF into HF: just start holding back immediately upon triggering the first hammer fall. Then you hit P to break (while still holding back), and then 6H a split second after to trigger the next HF. You'll be scooting around the screen in no time.