Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whizard

Huge problem with lobbies? Cannot play online

Hi,

I just wanted to ask if anyone else receives the error "Failed to obtain room information" when trying to enter a room?

Aside from the fact that there is basically no one online aside form the odd 10 people in France and 5-6 people in eastern USA (apart from Tokyo of course) whenever I try to enter a room I always receive that error. No matter where it is or how many people are in there. 

When I first went to play online I managed to get into 1 and had a match which was good it was between 2-4frame delay. Since then nothing, I have gotten through the arcade on very hard and would like to learn more about the game which I can only do from playing real people, it's really frustrating as after a little while playing AI is not very fun.

I only ever get that message on PSN if I select a closed door, which means a full room.

14 hours ago, ChexGuy said:

I only ever get that message on PSN if I select a closed door, which means a full room.

Unfortunately I am getting it for every door, closed or open.

Is this because I bought the EU version or something?

1 hour ago, Whizard said:

Unfortunately I am getting it for every door, closed or open.

Is this because I bought the EU version or something?

Though I don't know on which platform you are playing (Steam or PSN), but if it is the PSN one then that is the problem. (Read over that you mentioned doors, not rooms, so it is the PSN version.) The EU PSN version of Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- is still on version 1.0, which is outdated. The American and Japanese versions are on version 1.1, which balanced the cast, and many players in Europe imported either one of them since a release in EU regions was never mentioned and then about six month later they finally managed to put it on the EU PSN (something similar happend to BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma too).

The best solution is to open up a room and name it "1.0" or "EU version" or to look out for doors which are termed like this or you bite the bullet and either import it, purchase the PC version, which is up to date, or wait until they update it. Last one is however very unlikely since Leo and Elphelt are still missing and the last time they mentioned anything about it was about 3-4 months ago.

4 hours ago, Danaiden said:

Though I don't know on which platform you are playing (Steam or PSN), but if it is the PSN one then that is the problem. (Read over that you mentioned doors, not rooms, so it is the PSN version.) The EU PSN version of Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- is still on version 1.0, which is outdated. The American and Japanese versions are on version 1.1, which balanced the cast, and many players in Europe imported either one of them since a release in EU regions was never mentioned and then about six month later they finally managed to put it on the EU PSN (something similar happend to BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma too).

The best solution is to open up a room and name it "1.0" or "EU version" or to look out for doors which are termed like this or you bite the bullet and either import it, purchase the PC version, which is up to date, or wait until they update it. Last one is however very unlikely since Leo and Elphelt are still missing and the last time they mentioned anything about it was about 3-4 months ago.

Damn that really sucks, I asked for it for xmas because of lack of spare money. Looks like I didn't do enough research before I asked for it.

I'll try to do that, the most people I've ever seen online in the entirity of europe at one given time is below 10 however so it looks like I'll have to suffer not being able to play until I get some spare funds, which is a right kick in the balls.

7 hours ago, Danaiden said:

The best solution is to open up a room and name it "1.0" or "EU version" or to look out for doors which are termed like this or you bite the bullet and either import it, purchase the PC version

The people i know that accidentaly purchased the EU-version also got some other version later....
So maybe it would be best to try to get a refund for your game if somehow possible and buy some other version that people actually play :/

Didn't play a lot online lately but France#1 was often > 20 people when i looked.

Good luck

14 hours ago, Antaiseito said:

The people i know that accidentaly purchased the EU-version also got some other version later....
So maybe it would be best to try to get a refund for your game if somehow possible and buy some other version that people actually play :/

Didn't play a lot online lately but France#1 was often > 20 people when i looked.

Good luck

I think that's what I'll have to end up doing, I got the code from PS store through amazing and then redeemed it so I don't think there's hope of me getting any money back haha.

Thanks! The community for this game seems real small which is a shame! I'm enjoying playing even against AI.

On 13 January 2016 at 9:23 AM, Danaiden said:

I just wanted to ask another question.. would it be better to just get the japanese retail version from play asia then?or is the one released in america also as good?

May just wait for revelator to buy in that case

4 hours ago, Whizard said:

Thanks! The community for this game seems real small which is a shame! I'm enjoying playing even against AI.

Since Xrd-release the community is actually fine :)

Not SF4-level big but even in germany there's always people on to play with (mainly guys from hardedge.org, organized through IRC - #blazblue) or the aforementioned French#1, where everyone gathers if they search for random opponents.

Maybe if you're not that far from London, you could check out some of these guys:

http://ngi-revolution.co.uk/
I've only been at their anime-tourney in 2014, but it was really great, let's see if they do another one this year :)

53 minutes ago, Antaiseito said:

Since Xrd-release the community is actually fine :)

Not SF4-level big but even in germany there's always people on to play with (mainly guys from hardedge.org, organized through IRC - #blazblue) or the aforementioned French#1, where everyone gathers if they search for random opponents.

Maybe if you're not that far from London, you could check out some of these guys:

http://ngi-revolution.co.uk/
I've only been at their anime-tourney in 2014, but it was really great, let's see if they do another one this year :)

I'll check that site out, I live in greater london :)

I know that it's available to play at the HOG in london too and I'm sure people would be playing on cosplay nights.

I might be playing a strange times when not many people are online so i'll try other times :)

2 hours ago, Whizard said:

I just wanted to ask another question.. would it be better to just get the japanese retail version from play asia then?or is the one released in america also as good?

May just wait for revelator to buy in that case

It makes absolutely no difference which you choose. The Japanese version even has English text and audio (which is btw the reason why this one is on a different patch version than the English one, but that's subsidiary). You only concern would be if you want a Limited Edition or not.
Oh, and I wouldn't recommend Play-Asia if you choose to import the Japanese version, since they have very high fees for shipping. Better use Solarisjapan or Nin-Nin-Game. Last one even currently have a sale one every version of it.

You could also wait for Revelator, but it will likely be released in late spring, and you will miss the whole story of Sign, since it won't be included in Revelator (maximal a summary of it).

17 hours ago, Danaiden said:

It makes absolutely no difference which you choose. The Japanese version even has English text and audio (which is btw the reason why this one is on a different patch version than the English one, but that's subsidiary). You only concern would be if you want a Limited Edition or not.
Oh, and I wouldn't recommend Play-Asia if you choose to import the Japanese version, since they have very high fees for shipping. Better use Solarisjapan or Nin-Nin-Game. Last one even currently have a sale one every version of it.

You could also wait for Revelator, but it will likely be released in late spring, and you will miss the whole story of Sign, since it won't be included in Revelator (maximal a summary of it).

17 hours ago, Danaiden said:

Thank you. I see I can get it pre-owned with delivery from Nin-Nin for only £35 which is quite good.

I'll probably do that then next month as I want to improve before revelator!

hey i bought the psn us version and i also got all of the dlc characters but it is still version 1.04 without new updates... so pc is the way to go ?

On 27.1.2016 at 8:34 PM, PlaneCrash said:

hey i bought the psn us version and i also got all of the dlc characters but it is still version 1.04 without new updates... so pc is the way to go ?

There shouldn't be any problems, this version should be totally fine. Only the Japanese one is on version 1.05 because of the day-one patch which included English text and voices.

Of course you could buy the PC version too since many players in Europe switched or at least own this one as well, but there are still enought players who play the PS3/PS4 one.