Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LM_Akira

[Accent Core] Order-Sol Matchup Thread

What's the best tool HOS has for wake up against a throw range I-No?

What sign do you guys use as a tool to know when to burst out of a combo?

6K (if you mean for i-no on wakeup)

the 2nd one is worded odd

getting out of i-no pressure with bursts

are you asking what to look out for or what moves that we don't know or unburstable or whatnot?

Im saying for your wakeup. (I-No standing HOS knocked down) and I'm saying, what point during a combo do you say "Okay time to burst and get out of this shit"? Is there a specific move or series of moves that sets it off?

I would say that the match is 5-5.

Yea, infact, 9 times out of 10 if I land in range, I'm going to go for a throw. The success rate is outstanding.

Yes.. I-no throws are amazing.

SV = Free throw for I-No. Even if you're only using it for AA.

No..no..no.. You misunderstood. If I see an attack coming, I can choose to SV it. I never use SV out of anticipation. I use it as a counter move. Aka to build meter/begin my offense. SV does a lot more than just AA. Remember: INVINCIBLITY.

And yeah I remembered getting airthrown after air blocking the Note...

As for when I-no is within throw range on wakeup... 2P or 5K or throw. 6K's animation is really obvious to see coming IMO.

FDing really works out in I-No's favor. Mixup isn't I-No's only tool and when you FD it makes it very easy for I-No to redash in and try something else.

To a degree yes. You have to remember I-no doesn't really have anything to lock down Order-Sol long enough outside of a close range VCL FRC and Order-Sol has fast attacks. He and Sol have so of the shortest startups for some of their normals.

Never heard of punishing 5K with j.D. I'll have to give that a shot. Is it a opening j.D or a falling j.D?

Dunno. It's some odd timing thing. I don't use it.

What's the best tool HOS has for wake up against a throw range I-No?

6K if I-no loves to throw but I-no can get thrown too.... I mean there are various tools.

What sign do you guys use as a tool to know when to burst out of a combo?

When to burst is to broad of a discussion to limit it to just signs... Remember, Koichi used burst at the beginning of a round against Isa in GGXXS and all Isa had done was a 6 hit combo. When to burst is more of a personal decision really. My sign is if I-no really beating my ass and she has meter.

Titanium: Do you think this should be moved to the I-no matchup thread?

lol

Another recent match:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo2zBGaRE0w

Yes it's not HOS again but Slayer. Check out the 1st round of the 2nd fight tho, I was like :scared: when that last combo happened.

hey!!! that combo is one of my favorites to do! only thing is opening it with jk 2k literally cuts the damage in half. Opening with js or jh into c.s has such a higher damage output. jh prorates 90% and 2k prorates 75% where as js, jh, and c.s don't prorate at all.

Im saying for your wakeup. (I-No standing HOS knocked down)

and I'm saying, what point during a combo do you say "Okay time to burst and get out of this shit"? Is there a specific move or series of moves that sets it off?

oh i see

well if ino is in throw range

unless she throws out a throw invincible move probably throw i-no since i have throw invincibility on wakeup

if she is throwing out the throw invincible moves ill probably just start backdashing

for the burst thing

i would probably burst if there wasn't a move that could easily bait it (EX would be moves with bad recovery like Heavys)

hey!!! that combo is one of my favorites to do! only thing is opening it with jk 2k literally cuts the damage in half. Opening with js or jh into c.s has such a higher damage output. jh prorates 90% and 2k prorates 75% where as js, jh, and c.s don't prorate at all.

:psyduck:

Blocking ino gets a lot easier after you've had some exposure to it. Basically it just becomes a game of "watch out or the low". I don't see why you guys limit your selves to stuff like meaty 2p/5k so much. Even 6k is really easy to use in excess. Like 80% of the time I get a clean kd after I already have lv2, I use meaty js to start pressure. It's really the only way to establish a good guessing game hos has outside of "Am I going to throw you or not". I think in the same vein, because I rarely do it, my 6ks end up being more successful, although I am a lot more liable to throw it out when I have the tension for the ch combo >.> And Hatred, how the hell are you getting more damage out of AA SV than successful traditional AA??? It does like 50dmg.

And Hatred, how the hell are you getting more damage out of AA SV than successful traditional AA??? It does like 50dmg.

I never once said anything about getting more damage from SV.......

A quick question. I have a friend, who happens to be really good at fighting games, that is going to start playing the game and will pick up Milia. From scattered stuff on forums I've gotten that Milia rapes alot of the other character's faces in. What are a few important things I should know about the match-up? I know we have the sub-forum, but I'm looking for more basic tidbits atm.

EDIT: Checked the first post, and apparently the match-up is in our favour :).

Look, in Accent Core almost every player is whining about the characters he doesn't play, so don't take anything too serious. Consider it a 5-5 matchup.

Based on the matchups, do you guys think knowing your opponents is important for HOS more so than the other characters? If so how much should I know about them to win as HOS? For instance, do I have to know their general attack patterns to instant block?

Based on the matchups, do you guys think knowing your opponents is important for HOS more so than the other characters? If so how much should I know about them to win as HOS? For instance, do I have to know their general attack patterns to instant block?

I was hoping GG Bits was going to answer this as it is a basic question. Strictly speaking, knowing your opponents is not mandatory; because if it was, I wouldn't end up 4th at Frosty Faustings. What HOS however revolves around is gamesense: you will have to rely on anticipating what your opponent is doing to successfully beat him. When you do this properly, the tools provided to you will often suffice. And there matchup experience will help you out a LOT. It will give you a sense of what players can do, what their most likely option is and what you can force out of them if you force them to rely on their auto pilot(instincts).

From there, there's ways to lure them. For example, by charging or faking a charge. Once you hit level 3, any hit you make against them will result into damage, often slayer like for potemkin like effort; so opponents will try to avoid you getting into that situation. And here again, you should consider what choices they will make. Against Ky and Venom it's easy to keep charging from across the screen, because a well timed charge burst will avoid almost any projectile fired against you. While against characters like Sol, you will want to fake more, because for example gun flame will hit you after you come out of charge burst.

OK, since +R patch for NA is not going to release for 2-3 months, looks like I`ll be fighting AC+ Chipp some more. BUt I can't win, he's just too fast. What do I do against Chipp?

We used to have a really good Chipp locally, but it's been a long time since I played one, so I can't remember much in terms of details. Chipp never seemed particularly threatening to me.