Sign in to follow this  
Psykotik

[CF] Carl General Discussion (Changelist in OP)

http://kurushii.tv/Dustloop/BBCF/Graphics/Carl/BBCF_Header_Gameplay_Discussion.png

Buffs

• 5B attack level up: 5B 5C is now tight even on IB

• 5C > 6B gatling added

• 5B > 3C gatling added

• CT is much faster: 3C > uncharged CT combos

• Anima can now catch airborne opponents

• 2C is jump cancellable on block and hit. 2C, sj.A, stuff is a combo. Corner 2C, CT still works even without wall bounce

• j.C has more untech time

• j.B increased attack level

• 4D has super armor

• 4D is a fatal counter

• SMP removed, penalty is much more lenient and doesn’t affect hitstun [universal system change]

• 6D slide on ground hit removed. Still slides on air hit.

• 3D attack level up

• Brio has more wallstick time [unconfirmed]

• Cantabile is much faster now, further range 5C > cantabile is more consistent

• OD Super gives hard KD again

• 5A jump cancellable on block

• Allegretto has a lot more untech time

Neutral Changes

• Mashing 2B won’t give 2B > 6B anymore

• new 2D: Ada does 4 punches, all mids. Completely tight even on IB. Seems to pick up OTG opponents easily

• 46D removed

• new 4D: Tenerezza is now the new 4D

• new 6C: hopping overhead. High 20s frame startup. Special cancellable. Ground bounces on air hit. Carl can’t link normals on this 6C unlike previous games. Unsafe on block.

• Fuoco wallbounces if most of the hits hit the opponent

• Doll has overall less life but also recharges faster

Nerfs

• 5C attack level decreased

• Tenerezza/4D does 1 hit only

• j.C 5A pickup is supposedly harder

• 5A 6A doesn’t work as consistently

• 3C doesn’t float as much, 3C > fermata no longer works

• Volante makes a buzzing sound the entire time it’s out. Think of the buzzing sound that George makes

• 6B has slower startup, 5B > 6B doesn’t combo at higher prorations

• A Vivace no longer goes through bursts
  • 2C no longer wallbounces
  • Allegretto does not wallbounce
Edited by Psykotik

I don't know if I can confirm this but it looks like CF Carl can do (jump > j.B > j.B > jump > j.2C > j.C) after picking up with 6B > 6A or 5C without needing to super jump, and doing it multiple times in combos. Not a big change but a nice tiny one if it's true, I think it'd mean j.2C has a slightly more horizontal hitbox?

edit: i think that may actually have been super jumps and i'm blind as hell. super jumps have the dust on the ground, right?

Thought I should note that 5B has slightly increased range. 5c appears to have less recovery on block and slightly more range, however this could simply be my imagination but I continuously see situations where current 5c would fail and CF 5c succeeds(So take this with a grain of salt)

Also, george received an hp nerf? I checked the threads and it wasnt listed, but Carl is now killing him with 5c in one hit: therefor 5c has a damage buff?

Confirmed 5a>5a>6a connected on punishing ragna's back-dash. This could, hypothetically, be due to lower height in comparison to the jb>jc>5a relaunch height. But if this were the case then simply delaying the 5a after jb>jc should allow the 6a to connect for relaunch in any situation: Alternatively, this change may have been removed? I believe it to be the latter of the two since if it were a hitbox problem it would make it impossible from the 5a>5a height which is almost identical to the relaunch height.

Lastly, the new tenerazza being single hit I would not, so quickly, write off as a nerf. A corner safe-jump setup that involves 4D in the current version of BB which would normally lead into a fuzzy ja does not go into a fuzzy because the second hit of tenerezza resets the block stun allowing them to crouch instantly dodging the fuzzy. Literally, because tenerezza was 2 hits you just could not fuzzy comfortably/flexibly. I would definitely consider this to be a buff, but for the sake of this being my opinion I think leaving it as a neutral change is ok to. But I could not in good conscience leave it as a nerf haha no shade intended.

-Akira

The reason I consider 4D being one hit a nerf is because it being one hit means it doesn't trap the opponent in blockstun for as long, which is kind of a big deal in neutral since using 4D as a neutral poke won't keep the opponent in place for as long. 4D being one hit does have some situational benefits for some setups and combos but overall I consider the net result a nerf, even if it's not a super big one.

Also whatever setup you're thinking of, is it not something that you could just substitute 4D with 6D if you just need a quick one hit move?

Because of distance spacing and hitbox, if the opponent were to roll towards Ada, 6D will not hit. If I make it so the 6D will force hit and the opponent rolls away, she will not reach. Tenerezza covers both and moves her away enough that will force a clash with DPs. Better for a clash than a hit since it doesnt take her HP, iirc. Also, lack of stun would possibly be the only nerf. The reach looks farther, the pull allows for side swap on the fly, single hit allows for fuzzy setups. Im not seeing how the cons out weigh the pros.

Impulse bought the game (or pre ordered)

So is the following a true unlockable reset

J.b>j.c>5b>2b>5c>6b>j.2c>j.b>j.c>5b>5c>j.2c>j.b>j.a>3[D]>j.b>3]D[

That's the standard corner combo im seeing after 3D lock down.  It doesn't seem consistent 

Sign in to follow this