Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BassCannonKaplan

Why do you play BlazBlue?

4 hours ago, Poultrygeist said:

He's hilarious.  He's a big character who actually doesn't struggle which is rare for this type of game, and the way he just completely oppresses everyone once he establishes himself is just amazing.  Not to mention he's extremely satisfying to play because of how hard he hits and because of those extremely loud bone crunching sound fx.  He is the gorilla dream.  

Not really? Okay. I don't get that feeling from him. Oooh, SFX. Got it. Carry on.

2 hours ago, Airk said:

Not really? Okay. I don't get that feeling from him. Oooh, SFX. Got it. Carry on.

I don't get that feeling either, I mainly just play azrael to piss people off, as a Izayoi main, he feels kinda stiff and brain dead compared to my usual characters, as a character he's meh. I get why people like him but he's kinda overated.

13 hours ago, Poultrygeist said:

Of course you don't get that feeling, you play Tsubaki, the exact opposite of Azrael :P

Elegant and awesome. ;)

7 hours ago, Zouf said:

She wears a nazi robe though :\

I'm pretty sure the Nazis wore trenchcoats, not robes. :P

Easy, I really like the gameplay, the crazy battle, the barrier system, the glorious overdrive mechanic that makes you go full Anime. Also is simple to play and learn (4 buttons) but really deep to master. Each character has his own unique gameplay mechanic (Drive) which set them apart from the rest. (I feel street fighter wanted to do the same with the V-gauge).

I like Guilty Gear for the same reason (highspeed combat, crazy combos, etc.) Also I never felt so much hype watching a fighting game.

Storywise... is like a really Edgy Kingdom Hearts anime but meh it works. The Gag Reels tho. 

I had been a lifelong Guilty Gear player (the original PS1 game being the first game I ever owned as a kid), and was pretty much uninterested in any other fighting games. Then Guilty Gear stopped getting updated, and I had no new games to look forward to. My friends all liked Street Fighter and Marvel vs. Capcom, but I could never get into them. Didn't care for the characters in Street Fighter and the mechanics for MvC never clicked for me. In college, my friend introduced me to Continuum Shift Extend, and I gave it a shot. Went for Ragna, because I liked his design, and got throttled. Worst loss of my life in any game I had ever played.

And I was hooked.

Traded in a bunch of games to get Extend on PS3, and when I wasn't in school, I was practicing against Unlimited Hazama on Hell, doing whatever it took to get better than my friend. BlazBlue was everything I loved about Guilty Gear plus a bunch of systems I never knew I needed. My love for it has persisted, though I almost gave it up with Chronophantasma Extend, when a lot of my old combos stopped working. I've recently reawoke my passion for it, even getting the China only mobile game Revolution Reburning on my phone, and getting CPEX for every system I have.

I've since given up Guilty Gear. My hands aren't strong enough to handle it anymore. BlazBlue has become my only fighting game, and I'm damn glad that it's apart of my life.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I am mainly a jRPG player and that's because of how much I enjoy the focus on storytelling. I always liked FGs as a kid but never dived deep into them. Until Blazeblue came and it was love at first sight. 

- I am a lot into anime. Blazblue is basically you living your anime fights with all their crazyness. Beams, huge swords, puppets, firearms. You got it all!

- It's basically a VN too. Maybe the story is sometimes flawed, but it stems from really interesting ideas and is packed with interesting characters. 

- Characters. They feel good. They are based around a lot of anime clichés, yep, but they always seem strange and unique despite of this. I never felt any of them as unoriginal 

- General esthetic: I love the graphics, the magic-punk feel and the music. Also, blue is my favourite colour because I find it to be relaxing. #TeamBlue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp8KOM2zw98

My friends got me into it around when CT launched. This video made me laugh my ass off and make me want to play Tager. Also same as Hakkai_Requiem, I like anime and VNs and kinda just fell in love with the characters and the weird ass story.

Loved dishing out that real soviet damage and screwing with people with blob-man. The game is also really fun to watch to me. Loved just watching pro matches on Jourdal's channel and the BBVlog.

I mostly play because I like it but I suck royally at it.....really wanna "LEARN" how to play BB so I can at least handle myself well in it. For some reason, I can do somewhat good in Guilty Gear but just not BlazBlue. 

I liked these games. "Guilty Gear, BlazBlue" because of the appealing characters and flashy combat. I personally like the BlazBlue Story aswell and look forward to see where it goes.

However, I have to say. I am just another filthy casual. Whats worse I feel like I actually have to say Filthy. As I have to say the community for these games are EXTREMELY hostile towards casual players as if they dont even belong. This and this alone is why I cant keep any of my friends playing these games. We used to play Guilty Gear X, and XX all the time offline. But ever sense going online the community has been relentless.

I do still find the occasional casual player like myself online. And we do have a blast playing with each other. I think the big difference is that when casuals are playing we arnt taking the game too serious. Which is why we can have fun. 

I am still going to buy Revelator. I loved playing Jam on the PS2 and am looking forward to playing her again. And I was really excited about BlazBlue CF. Was even going to buy the LE. But after hearing about the lack of Dub. I just don't know anymore.

I will always be just a filthy casual in these games. I know enough to be able to play them but I will never be able to completely master it. I just don't have the level of muscle memory needed to do so.

On 1/31/2016 at 11:20 AM, BassCannonKaplan said:

This is an interesting topic that I thought I'd bring up. I see so many people playing SSBM or Street Fighter nowadays as the only fighting games that they play. So, I was wondering why you've been dedicated to BB for so long? Is BB a side game for you or is it the only fighting game that you play and why? Its not at EVO anymore and its falling from popularity... Don't get me wrong, I really like BlazBlue... but why pick it over other fighting games?

Because Hakumen exists and i must kill as many players with him as possible.

Now a certain someone exists i must as many players with both of them as possible.

I feel the main reason I am so dedicated to BB is the fact that many members of my family play it (cousins). Its really the game that got me personally into fighting games. We then branched off to Guilty gear, Street Fighter, etc.

It's been too long since posting here on DL (I'm on Discord a lot these days).

I like all the stuff I typically look for in a fighting game: a fun cast, story, art, music, gameplay, and game content. 

No Eng VO will be a bit different for CF (as someone who started w/CT), but I've played a number of other fighters without Eng VOs over the years. 

Looking forward to CF, if not on 11/1, then hopefully 12/25!

Blazblue CT came out during the summer that SF4 revitalized the fighting game genre, I'd never seriously played an anime fighting game at that point and after seeing some serious improvement in my fighting game ability I decided to give BB a shot since the characters all looked very cool and I wanted to learn how to play a game with wicked combos. I took to the game alright and I absolutely fell in love with Bang! Blazblue CT is what got me into anime fighters so it'll always have a special place in my heart.

I started with street fighter 4 arcade edition stuck with it while dabbling in other games, I tried picking up blazblue on a few occasions and never could grasp it, one day I stopped at a friends and started nailing ragna combos and I became hooked, I stopped playing again for a few months and just picked it up and it's now my main game no more sfv until they get some cooler characters, I love the music, the character variety, the combos, how it feels like 1v1 marvel in a sense. Such a fun game 

I first played BB (CT and CS) on PS3, but it was super casual.  I hadn't played another ASW game for another 7 years until I picked up GGXrdREV2 a couple weeks ago.  

I won't get into GG, but I thought BB had a really cool aesthetic and unique gameplay compared to the more mainstream fighting games I was used to.  But to be honest, there isn't much I can say about BB in regards to praise or reasons why I play it.  B/c I don't play it, at least I haven't in years (tho I did boot up the PS3 earlier tonight to dabble in both BB's I have).  

I will say, my current circumstances - resorting to playing FGs on PC since I don't have a PS4/XB1 - means I need to find a new FGC niche, since I mained NRS games (w/ Smash and Namco sprinkled in) since basically forever.  After much testing, I've decided to become an ASW convert!

That being said, I'm more hyped for BB:CTB than I am for DBFZ (at least I think I am.  At this moment, at least).  And it's making me want to try out BB:CF, just to get a feel for the characters as characters - story, flavor, personalities, etc.  There's a playlist on youtube that has all story mode content from all 4 games, and it's ~40 hours worth of videos!  I like to play characters I like, so I may just choose RWBY and UNIEL characters instead of BB characters, cuz I'm just not sure I'll watch all those videos lol.  I need time to train in GG!

The other thing that makes BB a bit more desirable than GG is that the social media community seems more active.  While GG has slightly higher player #'s on steam, BB seems to have more forum activity, active FB groups, etc.  So that could be a factor, ultimately.  But I am really looking forward to maybe giving an update in this thread.  :toot:

On 8/30/2017 at 7:52 AM, Ash of Arcadia said:

Because Guilty Gear is dead to me thanks to Xrd.

May I ask why?

On 9/1/2017 at 0:46 AM, Dr. Cheesesteak said:

I first played BB (CT and CS) on PS3, but it was super casual.  I hadn't played another ASW game for another 7 years until I picked up GGXrdREV2 a couple weeks ago.  

I won't get into GG, but I thought BB had a really cool aesthetic and unique gameplay compared to the more mainstream fighting games I was used to.  But to be honest, there isn't much I can say about BB in regards to praise or reasons why I play it.  B/c I don't play it, at least I haven't in years (tho I did boot up the PS3 earlier tonight to dabble in both BB's I have).  

I will say, my current circumstances - resorting to playing FGs on PC since I don't have a PS4/XB1 - means I need to find a new FGC niche, since I mained NRS games (w/ Smash and Namco sprinkled in) since basically forever.  After much testing, I've decided to become an ASW convert!

That being said, I'm more hyped for BB:CTB than I am for DBFZ (at least I think I am.  At this moment, at least).  And it's making me want to try out BB:CF, just to get a feel for the characters as characters - story, flavor, personalities, etc.  There's a playlist on youtube that has all story mode content from all 4 games, and it's ~40 hours worth of videos!  I like to play characters I like, so I may just choose RWBY and UNIEL characters instead of BB characters, cuz I'm just not sure I'll watch all those videos lol.  I need time to train in GG!

The other thing that makes BB a bit more desirable than GG is that the social media community seems more active.  While GG has slightly higher player #'s on steam, BB seems to have more forum activity, active FB groups, etc.  So that could be a factor, ultimately.  But I am really looking forward to maybe giving an update in this thread.  :toot:

May I ask why?

On top of most  of my characters being gone, the ones that did stay changed for the worst(Slayer, Pot, Axl,ect). 

The game feels slower despite people saying it's the same. It DEFINITELY feels different than AC+R.

Everyone does massive damage from normal combos now. That makes the aforementioned characters seem that much more useless to me.

Despite people saying how hard Xrd is, it still lowered the bar to a level where people who've never touched these games could become really good out of nowhere simply because of the high damage and the new Roman Cancel system. I don't know about you, but I don't like seeing people who've put time and dedication into this series struggle to beat newer players because they don't have to respect certain situations like in the older games, or because the new system allows too much to be gained from playing recklessly. The high damage is just the icing on the cake.

And outside of Bedman and Raven, none of the new characters really fit in. They seem like they belong in another game entirely.

That said, I think I'm done with GG. Had my time with it starting with X, so it's had a good run.