Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This Man

Megafist

Last week I used this without meter, hit Ky and went into 2p to continue pressure EXCEPT Ky's normal beat mine. Lesson learned, but it seems kinda ridiculous I'm at a frame disadvantage after hit...

So...how do you incorporate this move? Any combos after Rcing it? Is this the best combo -->. Megafist - RC - cS - 2S - 6k - Hammerfall

Any match ups where Megafist is particularly useful?

It's really something you toss out occasionally as an abrupt overhead, which is a nice tool to have. And yeah its definitely best to do it with 50 meter, but if you're pretty sure its gonna land and they have almost no health left, go for it. I've stolen many wins this way.

I feel like Megafist > RC > cS > 2H > Heat does more damage. Hammerfall combos only ever seem worthwhile if you have 50 meter to RC the HF and continue the combo. Heck even just Megafist > RC > 2H > Heat might do more damage. Unless some values changed while I wasn't paying attention.

Oh also keep in mind that backward Megafist is actually PLUS on block. So if you're near the opponent or they're moving in on you, it's not a bad option. Also, I'm pretty sure both versions are immune to lows on startup, making them both "anti-low" attacks.

Oh and the wiki has a good suggestion for forward Megafist: since their punish isn't free, and you think they're just gonna mash after blocking or getting hit by Megafist, use a Blitz Shield. If they stop doing that, its Buster time.

i use  forward megafist in some match ups, to avoid low pokes or some proyectiles, for example you can use it vs i-no's chemical, axl's predictable rensen or zato's drill.

On block megafist it's unsafe,(i think is -4 if he just block it) on hit i think it's like 0 or +1 maybe. try to experiment what you should do after a hit megafist, some people jump out, backdash other just smash moves (like zato's 5p or ky 2p). also on hit you can RC>5s>2hs>Hammer fall beak>sj.p>sj.k> ICPM. in close distance (vs some characters you can add a j.s before the ICPM) a 2s>6k>Hammer fall in midrange and f.s>2d in maxrange.

remember, you can use forward megafist>YRC to escape from the corner in some pressures and even on hit some times you can challenge his pokes, (for example vs zato if he just smash 5p out you can beat or clash with potemkin's 5p (see FAB use this tactic against sako)), or just go for backdash>potemkin buster, low blitzhield, heat knuckle or 6p depending of the match up you are facing.    

Alot of stuff has been said here already. Megafist works best against any poke that has no vertical hitbox. (e.g. wins Ky's farS/Sol's farS but dies to Ky's 2H/Sol's 5K)