Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Myoro

BBCF Izanami General

That is indeed a good idea. I remember seeing that somewhere and the dmg was not bad.
Can´t remember exactly how much though.

What I also realized while watching footage, people seem to drop those combos with the float juggle quite often and I often find myself
wondering why they did drop it. Did some japanese players mention whether those juggles have strict timing or have character specific timings
which you have to get into your head?

I think it comes with practice. Bokuzen (ranked kishin last time I saw it) rarely drops those combos if ever. I guess playing Valk before helps with execution.

3 hours ago, Neriam said:

I think it comes with practice. Bokuzen (ranked kishin last time I saw it) rarely drops those combos if ever. I guess playing Valk before helps with execution.

Yeah, I´ve just watched a stream of his and damn I love this guy. Finally using 2D and 4D(?) for pressure and you are right, he has those strings down mostly. Also it´s a pleasure to watch an Izanami actually pressuring instead of just trying to yolo overhead after corner knockdown.

Bokuzen is probably the best Izanami out there at the moment, he's the first I've seen utilize alt mode's projectiles that well. He repeatedly extends pressure with them, or punishes punish attempts after stuff like palm thrust, which would be a free punish if it wasn't for the projectiles. The fact that he's consistently getting that much needed knockdown definitely helps out as well.

I've also seen him make great use of float 3C in neutral which happens to have ridiculous hitstun, she can actually land and then otg for a combo iirc, it's crazy

The whole projectiles covering gaps thing really reminds me of Ramlethal's pressure in the corner, even though hers is pretty much just frame traps while trying to keep the opponent in their place, and eventually make a mistake. Izanami's seems a lot safer since she can buffer them while pressing other buttons, or at least they seem to work that way to me. Pair that with ribcage and you'll probably soon have a pretty frustrated opponent, which is always nice

Here's a lengthy fix of his Izanami, thanks Davo ;_;

https://youtu.be/_HRGMY8eJuM

Does teching a throw or having your throw teched remove ribcage? 

Food for thought, but if it does we could try grabbing to remove Ribcage. It something some Rel players hazard when they need to emergency desummon Ignis, and if it goes through depending on how 'Nami's thows are, she may be able to just combo into Rib-burst (I don't quite know what her throws do to the opponent so tell me if that's a non-option.)

Additionally, does Izanami have any good boxing tools from throw tech range that could make such a strat workable?

Any sort of throw will remove ribcage immediately, regardless if it's teched or not and if it was the Izanami player to use it or the opponent.

So I was watching this video. So, what do you guys think, is this finisher actually legit? :v

There should be gaps between the wheels, idk why I also thought it'd be tight lol

Here's SKD's input on this, linked my own tweet so you can see what he replied :v:

I'm not sure whether everyone can avoid any damage whatsoever by double jumping after a superjump, but Yukikaze, Bang throw super (it has 1f invul iirc?), Rachel jump wind, Hazama Spiderman, and Valk j.8D should be a free escape and a waste of 100 meter, OD and a bunch of barrier for Izanami.

It doesn't look good really, even though I'm pretty sure whoever dies to this due to lack of knowledge will scream "OP". It might be one of those things you'll need to training mode first though

Couldn't Izanami still pelt people who can jump out with her 4D?

I mean, sure, it's hardly advantageous, but if you're going for a style points finish like za warudo, who cares? spam taunt and 4D on someone frozen offscreen sounds hilarious. Even with that in mind, I don't think the entire cast is capable of jumping out of her range, just some of the more air mobile ones. I would guess that the only people who can do it that you didn't list are Amane and probably tao, though I'm a little dubious on that one to be perfectly honest since I pretty much never play as or against tao.

Just saw Bokuzen trigger guard bonus in training mode utilizing floats and stuff. Was fun. It looked mad hard though, even his success rate was pretty low. It shouldn't be that strong either since you can just barrier out, but she can add airdash/land mixups so it should be cool.

Also, can someone with access to the demo test what happens when you press 5D while in OD?

If you, say, do wakeup OD (which means you'll be in normal mode), you'll return to normal mode when OD ends. But what if OD 5D allowed you to control which mode you'll end up in when OD runs out?

Hi, I am looking for a new char to practice with during this demo season.  

Could I ask a few question about Izanami?  

1. How fast is her punch?  I am looking for a character with fast starter hit.  Because my previous one Lamda-11 has slow melee starter.

2.  Does she have any good DP?  Since my main character does not have DP, I want another char to be different.

3. how well is her anti air? 

4. How do you rate her in general?   Tier S or Tier A ?

5. Do you define her as close range combat or mid range combat or all rounder just like lamda ?

6. How would you rate her as difficulty to learn and play?   I think nu-13 in this patch would be A (difficult combo) while Lamda is C (easy)

On 9/9/2016 at 7:35 PM, Starkaiser said:

Hi, I am looking for a new char to practice with during this demo season.  

Could I ask a few question about Izanami?  

1. How fast is her punch?  I am looking for a character with fast starter hit.  Because my previous one Lamda-11 has slow melee starter.

2.  Does she have any good DP?  Since my main character does not have DP, I want another char to be different.

3. how well is her anti air? 

4. How do you rate her in general?   Tier S or Tier A ?

5. Do you define her as close range combat or mid range combat or all rounder just like lamda ?

6. How would you rate her as difficulty to learn and play?   I think nu-13 in this patch would be A (difficult combo) while Lamda is C (easy)

1.  Are you asking about her jab or her 5B? 5B feels fairly quick but her jab doesn't. 

2. She has no meter less reversal.  You need to make good use of alpha counters and burst.

3. I haven't had a good chance to use it as an anti air yet.

4. I'm not sure yet but I'd say she is at least b+ when she has momentum she can run the opponent down with amazing pressure from her projectiles. But she has no defensive options at all. Her back dash is ok sort of. I also feel you need to be smart in neutral as the abuse of ribcage can get you killed by guard crushes. 

5. She is close range but she can start pressure from mid screen with her projectiles and ribcage. 

6. Combo wise she isn't too tough but in terms of movement that will take time to get use to.

^

Thank for information.

I have been practicing her a lot recently, but her combo is really hard to pull off. There is a distance problem that make her combo is very situational depend. Did you try her yet?  Seem her 3C during float would not connected from 5C only because you start 6A while enemy is little further or too close, or that you float little too early or too slow.   It seem to be very sensitive to connect her combo for good at all.

Now I really think that for a regular match up, learning from professional combo is no good at all, because risk of mistake is too high due to her combo sensitivity.

I really want to find a good balance between easy to pull combo and affordable damage. 

Which combo did you choose to practice on her?

Hey guys, anyone know how to connect the landing 2C in her corner combos? Example: 

After ... f(5C 2C 6C 5D 2B 6D 5B Dhits 6B), I can only land 2C half the time by mashing it. I'd like to know how to land it consistently because getting fireball > saw > fireball lv2 to connect adds significant damage to her corner combos.

You need to whiff j.C at the last moment while falling to cancel float 6B's landing recovery. If you listen closely, you can even hear Izanami saying another "uketemiyo" or whatever due to the whiffed j.C

That's why you got it while mashing 2C, you must've gotten a j.C to whiff because of that.

I had a suspicion about that but I wasn't sure because the combo vid didn't explicitly notate it. Thank you!

Edit: After grinding it out I still couldn't consistently get landing 2C...but it turns out that landing 5C 2C is much easier and the damage difference is negligible.

I'm not quite sure yet since I've only started getting a grasp on the character, but adding a 5C might drop some longer combos, like ones with three normals prior to 3C > Agumon

Also, one of the nice things of all fl.6B > 2C > Tengai routes is that they're universal; 5C > 2C > Tengai doesn't work on Tao and Plat, and you need a dashing 5C for it to work on a handful of others, which you can't get after fl.6B.

It's definitely worth grinding out, it's also useful for an easier, more damaging(?) alternate route to fl.[5C > 2/3C] > Shizuku hits > slide Tengai, where the slide is required for the aforementioned characters to get lvl2 knockdown

Was it only Tao and Plat? I thought it'd be more, thank god. Is there a list of char specific stuff in basic routes, like which chars need dashing 5C 2C, and where?

fl.6B > 2C is still eluding me. Do I have to hit them lower with fl.6B or something to get it consistently? Also, yeah, 5C 2C after fl.6B makes the deathball drop sometimes. 

You need a dash before 5C > 2C > Tengai on Rachel, Hakumen, Makoto, Valkenhayn, Izayoi and Celica, according to Sei.

It doesn't work at all on Tao and Plat, and on all of these characters you have to slide Tengai iirc after stuff like float 214A > 41236[D] > 5C > 3C > ]D[ in order to get lvl2 knockdown, as I mentioned above.

As for fl.6B > 2C, other than whiffing j.C before landing, you also want to slightly delay 6B after float 6C > 5D > 2B6D > 5B for it to work. Therefore no, you need to hit them higher. You don't have to delay it at all for the float 214A > 6D > 6B route though

So I just have to microdash after 214A in the corner to deathball those chars? That's a headache.

I'll try out the f.6C 5D 2B6D stuff again later today, that timing is wonky. I don't delay the 5B, right? When do I input the 6D, immediately after I hit 2B?

Hit 2B first, then immediately input 6D and gatling into 5B. Then the 6D will hit and you should delay gatling into 6B. Yeah the timing is really weird.

I'm still not 100% on this route yet but delaying the 6B is actually helping a lot.

I'm messing around with various characters to try and see what clicks with me as I actually invest time in trying to learn this game. Was testing Izanami in the training room trying to replicate combos and this particular one has me stumped despite being simple. Combo in question:

2A->5B->5C->6A->8->f.[5B->5C->3C]

would practice the steps that come after but I'm having trouble getting the 3C at the end to connect consistently. Is this a timing thing? Even when inputted without pause and seeing the animations go out as expected the 3C only sometimes connects. I have no idea what makes it work/not work.

You need to delay fl.5B after 6A in every route, so the opponent can level with you a bit. It's a tad harder off jab starters since you have a lot less leeway for the delay because of the decreased hitstun.