Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blueNINE

Arc System Works and Aksys, please bring Guilty Gear XX Accent Core to PS3/360/PC!

If you support the idea, please post in the thread(s)! If this is to happen, then we need to show Arc System Works/Aksys that there is interest. Thank you!

(Also posted on the Aksys forum: http://www.aksysgames.com/forums/topic/263.)

Please bring Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus to the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, and even PC if possible! This series is incredibly good, and has a die hard community, yet it is not growing quite the way it could be if it were available in more formats.

It can be hard for some people to learn the game offline, as competition can be difficult to find and/or reach, and there are a lot of matchups to learn. Also, especially after what has happened with the fighting game scene this year, a lot of people have PS3/360 sticks, but either have nothing for PS2/Wii or don't want to carry around multiple sticks. (I do realize that dual/multi modding is excellent and quite possible, and am even doing that myself, but not everyone realizes or has the resources for that.)

Also, many people have PS3/360/PC, but not PS2/Wii. And even considering that many fighting game players do have PS2, having the game on next gen systems would make Guilty Gear setups for tournaments and casuals easier.

Furthermore, if the game were formatted for the new systems, it'd be much easier to play it on HD displays with low or no lag. As it stands, playing Guilty Gear on HDTVs tends to cause lag because the PS2 doesn't send an HD signal, and so the HDTVs have to compensate for that, causing lag. (And I will just leave it at that, instead of getting into too many specifics regarding HDTV input delay and such.)

Additionally, with so many people getting into BlazBlue and fighting games in general lately, there is great potential for the growth in the scene. It just seems like an ideal time for a release like this.

Reiteration and some suggestions...

-PS3 and 360 via PSN and XBL, perhaps a PC version as well.

-Netplay (with a quality netcode, like what GGPO, STHD, and BB have).

-Even if netplay were not possible, having Accent Core for PS3/360/PC would be great, and quite beneficial to the community.

-Tutorials or a guide (maybe something similar to what the BB DVD/BD has).

-Some new kind of mode that teaches the game and helps to level up the player. Perhaps even something like SFIV's challenge mode.

-?

This game is just so exceptional and classic. It deserves the kind of treatment mentioned above. What do you think, people? Also, any other suggestions?

EDIT 2/23/2010: Some evidence and real talk that backs what I have said can be found here: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7105.

Will also say that the necessity for a release like this depends upon how soon the next GG fighter will be released. But...as there haven't even been any announcements about that, why not give more life to Accent Core at this time?

EDIT 10/4/2010: Please sign this petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/ggxxac23/petition.html!

This alone would be enough to get me back on GG, solid online play would be a godsend for people with no local comp.

Real Talk , you have no idea how happy this would make me. If this was to really happen, along with the awesome marketing Blazblue got, We might just get the revival we've all been clamouring for.

Online play would be great for the community. Get people playing together more and more people playing. But this needs to be done right with something like GGPO. I would buy this.

Meh, i lag online pretty hard in BB and in GG it would make me rage even more. Like you can FRC is lag. :vbang: It would be good, but dunno.

Meh, i lag online pretty hard in BB and in GG it would make me rage even more. Like you can FRC is lag. :vbang: It would be good, but dunno.

FRCing in lag isn't hard <_<

Well, it depends on what the move is. There's some FRCs you can totally time based entirely on animation (Pot Buster, Ky's throw, etc.) But a lot of FRCs are pure muscle memory, and those wouldn't be affected by lag, just as long as the framerate doesn't drop.

It would be fantastic to have more than like... 4 people [who I never see] to play with. Well actually I have no one now... so do this! Net play could cause some lag but if you're not going to use it does it really matter to you anyway?

This, but probably more so for me. Let's be reasonable though, Arcsys already made a PSP one and the results haven't been that positive for its online features, #R on XBox was also problematic, and I know zilch about the #R hack's netcode.

Its possible but when I tried it with a friend via Adhoc Party, we couldn't get past character select.

If they do it it'll probably be for GG3, if we're lucky.

+1, this is a dogpile worth hopping on It might be easier said than done, though. I seem to remember hearing that Guilty Gear verifies its game state in a funny, extremely netcode hostile way.

Considering Blazblue was made with netcode in mind vs GG which was a Naomi Board port clone built in it, I'm not surprised.