Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shinquickman

Nerfs or Buffs each character should recieve, GGAC Edition

The Johnny forum actually has a giant thread dedicated to ideas on buffing Johnny up.

For Johnny:

-Less prorating on his throw

-f.S hitting a little lower

-Offset Jackhound's negative affect on tension gain (FRC, maybe?)

-Mist finers need a little upper body invincibility when going into pose

-Transports need to be treated as normal jumps

-Level 2 mist finer should be + on block (I'd love to see them pierce super armor, but...)

-Level 1 mist finer needs a faster startup, LVL1 MF(S) should connect from level 5 moves on normal hit.

Potemkin:

-Less untechable time on slidehead (already mentioned here.)

-Less invul time on slidehead (I've had the CPU SB Johnny's 3HS and Slidehead through the second hit. Jesus.)

-slow down f.S and 5HS a couple frames

-2D not chainable (I could overlook this if slidehead was fixed)

-Reduce Heat Knuckle's range and tension gain on first hit(s)

-Remove Potemkin from the game.

Other:

Remove Jam's loop.

I just want a good ground overhead for Dizzy.

5D is good enough. You could cover up the startup pretty easily with Flaming Spiral.

And while they're at it I suppose they could buff her supers and give back her old 2D range. And maybe even bring back the 2H>2D gatling. :toot:

2D should get more reach yes, but no way do I wanna see the old super. 40% damage and longer invincible time? No thanks.

give eddie a free guard cancel

give baiken a summon

You've just made Ivan Ooze proud.

For Ky: - Restore the double jump option after air SE like it was in XX and #R, but retain the air FRC option. - 2P prorate 85%-90% instead of 80% - Lightning strike does 15 dmg minimum and is FRC/RCable for lulz - CSE doesn't dissipate, so it's like XX/#R That would probably suffice.

Dizzy doesn't really need all that much. All she needs is Ice Spike that comes out even when she's hit during startup, like EXE Beast. Also, if she had S version of Ice Spike (with the same property) that hits right next to her, she would be too good.

Gross. Safe DP = Broek. Spend some meter if you want that shit safe, guy.

It's not like he always can summon. I'd be happy with a FB summon that was safe though. <3

Slayer

ch 5h bounces

LOL fuck no!!

You get extra stun, plus the move is special and super cancelable, and you can Jump Cancel.

Faust Recommendations

His FB bomb super be easier to slash-back.

Dizzy I think her 236K scythe should be overhead for the first hit after it arcs downward and maybe increase recovery time so that it can only be followed up with a frc. And also make her FB bubble home in on her instead of her opponent; sort of a get off me move/summon opportunity

A FB summon/FRC point in summon would make my inner Zappa so happy. Maybe a slight range increase on his 2D?

give eddie a free guard cancel

give baiken a summon

tatami is already a summon, there's no way there are tatami mats lying around the stages like the game would lead you to believe.

I just want everything venom has in the current GG to pass to the next one, don't change him, he's so badass. Give sol, ragna's 6B so people don't fall asleep waiting for wild throw Make Ky's ground SE FRC WAAAAAAAAAY sooner in the move, at least on the slash version

Slayer -2 Landing recovery frames on jD 80-85% forced prorating on DoT +1-2 frames of invuln on his forward dash... maybe backdash as well:v: 6P only gets above the knees invuln 6H is special and super cancleable, loses it's FRC Maybe +1 startup frame on 2P

Give Johnny a Pot Buster. >_> Kidding Johnny: Increase his throw range a wee bit. I'd say make his FB a bit better, I don't know how, but do it.

I'd rather have it start its low/throw invincibility earlier in the animation so you could actually draw a CH with it reliably. Giving it an FRC point is just kind of meh. Generic and boring.

Johnny change:

+2nd hit of Ensenga has increased stun damage. It has enough stun so that a CH ensenga into RC combo is guaranteed to dizzy most of the cast.

I like how this man thinks. It won't happen, but it's nice to think about.

How about giving Johnny a poke that gives him nice frame advantage on block ala Anji's and Slayer's 5K. That'd be nice instead of having to Mist Cancel everything but the kitchen sink all the time.

How about giving Johnny a poke that give him nice frame advantage on block ala Anji's and Slayer's 5K. That'd be nice instead of having to Mist Cancel everything but the kitchen sink all the time.

So he can mist cancel it and get more +frames amiright? Coin said hello though.

Edit: By the way i love how much Johnny gets love, but the Bridget and the robot get no love.

I guess a buff for Bridget would be for more people to play him so they can figure out how horrible he is :(

I guess a buff for Bridget would be for more people to play him so they can figure out how horrible he is :(

I would like Roger to get a buff. :D

But yeah, hitting my friends POT with Bridget is like throwing a rock at a tank... no thats Baiken nevermind.

Bridget? More damage? Yeah no. Just change bridget's j.d. 2nd hit has huge untechable time or has blowback effect, 3rd hit deals more damage but allows for a quick tech. This solves multiple problems: - Bridget can score a kd from an air bnb, but it requires character-specific setups and combos. - Bridget can get more initial damage for a combo, but loses positioning and tech catch opportunities. - We could see j.d(2) rc relaunch combos. Hotness.