Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mycot

YRC question

Hello, I just wanted to ask a very simple gameplay question on why players do something. When watching high level tournaments, a lot of times if they have the meter for it they'll YRC repeatedly, especially when moving. At first I assumed this had something to do with the slowdown, but thinking about it I'm not sure if that actually makes any sense. Thank you for helping me understand what is actually happening!

there really is no straightforward answer to this, there are various reasons to yrc multiple times, if its say twice in a row one after the other then that's mostly either the person panicking or fucked up his inputs and accidentally hit another

usually people just doing any sort of yrc can flip the momentum instantly because it provides a very good opportunity to try to start offense 

theres more strategy involved in yrcing multiple times than you might imagine, just having that 25 meter means you can setup a situation that is quite unfavorable for your opponent, everything kinda becomes dangerous to challenge to an extent

Yea there are way too many applications to list, there's even character specific stuff, and sometimes even a simple YRC on neutral can give a big advantage.

Thanks, I'll try to pull up specific instances in videos I was watching later today. I guess what I'm confused about is what aspect (actual cancel, the slowdown, etc.) of YRC they're using.

This match (2:21) is one example I would like to ask about. What's the reasoning for YRCing when just moving, or is it just an accident?

25 minutes ago, xlolxlolx said:

Thats an accident

So was only one supposed to come out or are both accidental?

I might try to post other examples later. RCs are a concept I keep thinking I understand but become unsure of really quickly.