Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

StrawberryGL

Ky Wiki Page Talk Thread

I've been making edits to Ky's wiki page over the last few months and I was thinking that it'd be better if we got together and complied our thoughts and suggestions for the page in one place to make it as accurate and informative as possible. So, feel free to suggest edits, ask questions about information currently on the page, or talk about anything related!

My current projects:

Find more concrete examples of Dash VT combos and add them to the wiki

Change all instances of "H" to "HS" for consistencies sake lol

Finish up (or possibly completely rewrite) the combo theory section

Only thing I could think of contributing are combo variations that are more burst safe, both in and outside of the corner.

I've never contributed to a wiki, so I'm not sure what should be added or not.

Burst safe combo variations? I never thought about that, I don't know any besides doing things like substituting other normals for 2P/j.P in a situation where a burst is likely. If anyone has any specific suggestions I can put them in, though.

Split ciel loops are generally more safe against bursts, especially to those unfamiliar to them. This is from my own personal experience as opposed to DP/VT loops, but they are quite character specific and sometimes even I forgot the variations of them.

6hs on oki *can* be used as a burst bait due to it's minimal recovery and jump cancel properties, but it's not always a guarantee to work.

But that's all I can think of for now. Let me know if this info is useful

most combos have a few burst safe points in them, i'm not aware of any combos that are mostly burst safe though...

Either way, I definitely need to get optimal Split Ciel loops added so i'm adding that to the list. The only ones I know are off of throw, like [Throw RC > microdash 5HS > Split Ciel > 2HS(1) > Greed Sever > Split Ciel > 2HS > Split Ciel > 2HS > Split Ciel] for medium weight characters. I'm probably just going to remove the unoptimal Ciel loops that are already there because they're only a bit easier.

I just made some adjustments to the Revelator Ky wiki!

Overview section:

Air Ride The Lightning was listed at 10+1 frames from startup instead of the correct 8+1 frames of startup

Sacred Edge was listed at 5+3 frames of startup instead of the correct 4+3

Reworded some of the move descriptions for clarity

Added some extra character background

Combos:

imported Xrd Sign combos, removed all old 5D > homing dash combos.

I'll be adding more to the combo section soon! Strategy section is after that.