Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baf0

Haehyun[Tuner] Pre-Release Speculation and Analysis Thread

A power character with a unique special move mechanic: Kum Haehyun

Let's talk Tuner.

Here's the video footage we have of her so far 

Here's a translated 4Gamer article [by @greatfernman]

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s296/sh/15409945-f432-45c1-82f7-bcd8f5b1219e/ab5e8a92c725d64bd24796df2809f4bf

Describes her play style, movement and special moves.

Here's an Imgur Album full of early screenshots I compiled

http://imgur.com/a/lA3FN

From what I've gathered from the video, seems that her fireball gives okizeme if you position it right similar to Millia's secret garden, and her charged up kick, while the players weren't able to get a confirm off of it yet, can be linked into.

Here's some stuff that we have confirmed (or semi-confirmed) so far

236S - Blue fireball, hits once and can be controlled left/right

Spoiler

1xtOjLV.jpg

236H - Flame fireball, hits 3 times, can be controlled left/right

Spoiler

DIQKHzs.jpg

2P - Standard 2P. Dunno much about it

Spoiler

XwdToXN.png

f.S - A kick that might look like it goes over lows. Decent range. Special cancellable Machabo was doing it a lot into 214K

Spoiler

6gF57Jm.png

c.S - We don't much about it besides being jump cancellable on hit :v

Spoiler

NcMY6Zh.png

5H - Hits twice, first hit is mid, 2nd is overhead. (could be a 6K too *shrug* idk though)

Spoiler

PBADF0t.png

2H - A launcher move. Kicks upwards. FAB used it in combos after RC to combo into 623[k]4

Spoiler

Hg5LvWu.png

2D - Does a split. We don't anything about it besides knocking down

Spoiler

RTeUhdp.png

623[k]4 - Sits cross legged during the charge, then kicks upwards when released. Wall bounces. FAB was doing it in combos

Spoiler

Q1xwNSX.png

214K - A kick special, has a blue flair. Safe approach tool, unsafe upclose however.

Spoiler

ZpJk5nf.jpg

j.214K - A flying kick that goes upwards first (doesn't hit on the way up) hits on the way down. You can control it's trajectory. Looks like decent movement tool

Spoiler

V6USS2W.png

Here are some stuff that still need confirmation

Spoiler

P9zW6GZ.png

aq0967s.png

TTuWIga.png

YWibL7m.png

I've been wondering what kind of mixups will be possible.  No command grab and ground throw needs RC to combo from what I've seen.  Doesn't seem to have a fast overhead?  Maybe you can gatling from first hit of 5H into 2D to mix up with the overhead 2nd hit or something.  

I made a movelist showcase video. Most of this stuff you've already seen in the post above though 

On 3/4/2016 at 1:08 PM, Tiamat said:

I've been wondering what kind of mixups will be possible.  No command grab and ground throw needs RC to combo from what I've seen.  Doesn't seem to have a fast overhead?  Maybe you can gatling from first hit of 5H into 2D to mix up with the overhead 2nd hit or something.  

I think the idea is to get a knockdown, set a fireball, and have them get pulled into the just the second hit of the overhead and mix it up with the low. It looks like you'll be able to get the first hit to whiff either by spacing it so the fireball pulls them into the second hit or by whiffing it off a more advantageous knockdown like sweep. 

Either way, that pair of normals has an Azrael 6D/3D thing going on where they're not very fast, but they look almost identical up until the last few frames, which I found to be more difficult to block than more traditional high/low mixup anyway.

Digging the music Baf0.

Is 6K an overhead?  If it is, maybe you're supposed to shoot the ball as oki and get the ball to connect during the stagger time so you can combo.

I see j.D is the crossup kick.