Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Circuitous

ArcSys Fighters Sprite Art

In Photoshop I just edit the color table.

Of course, that sounds much easier if you have Photoshop. But I'm a poor college student, so I wouldn't know. :P

I got bored a week back and decided to try and "mix" Nu and Noel, it didn't go too well D:

Actually that looks pretty good. Kinda like Zombie Noel.

Maybe Noel with Makoto's tail can make up for it? (Even though plenty of people have done it from what I remember.)

Somehow Noel with that tail looks funny rather than cute. Perhaps a way to improve it is by adding nekomimi ears?

Actually that looks pretty good. Kinda like Zombie Noel.

Somehow Noel with that tail looks funny rather than cute. Perhaps a way to improve it is by adding nekomimi ears?

Thank you on the regards of the Noel Nu. And in regards to the Noel with tail, either of these any better? I was gonna add ears to begin with, but I partly thought that, based on the sprite, they would be under her hat. But I'll try out anything that I can to improve.

That is easily one of the coolest and most well-done sprite edits I've ever seen. Don't be detrimental to yourself; it looks fantastic.

As much as I disagree, thank you very much. And I'll use this chance as an excuse to put this up too. Unfortunately I was very lazy and used the same head as previous, but after trying to adjust the "height" to be closer to Nu's actual height, which I still didn't make her tall enough, I didn't feel up to it. D:

And Nago is there, because it is Nago, and umbrella-less looked odd.

In regards to those new tailed Noels, the one of her without her hat looks the best of all three tailed Noels you made. The other two are still good, though.

Nu Rachel also looks just as incredible as the Noel one. Well done. Also, I noticed that the direction Nu's looking in on the sprites seems different than her normal sprites. Did you do that yourself, or was there an actual sprite of her looking that way that I just missed?

In regards to those new tailed Noels, the one of her without her hat looks the best of all three tailed Noels you made. The other two are still good, though.

Nu Rachel also looks just as incredible as the Noel one. Well done. Also, I noticed that the direction Nu's looking in on the sprites seems different than her normal sprites. Did you do that yourself, or was there an actual sprite of her looking that way that I just missed?

Thank you again on both.

And I assume you mean how Nu is looking in this sprite? Well basically Nu's face in both the Noel and Rachel one was used from Noel's win pose when she takes her hat off (Like in the Noel/Nu sprite) as I only originally planned on doing that Noel one. Afterwards I went through the Nu "armor"-mode sprites to find hair that I could paste on to the face. Changed the color of Noel's face to make it Nu's color, added the "haven't slept look" thing (Tried), and attempted the eyepatch.

Here's a picture from during the process. Oh, and then I flipped the sprite simply because I thought that's what side her eyepatch was on and I wanted it so that her hair wasn't covering her normal eye.

I hope that wasn't too long of a boring read. <_<

Blood Squiggly, wish some how the mist was there. it would be black.

i make more soon.

Like it, would look a bit nicer with the mist so it would have a "smoother" look (At least it does in my head!), but since that can't be helped it's still good.

And I assume you mean how Nu is looking in this sprite?

Yes, that's the one.

Ahh, so it's an edit of Noel's face? my bad; I thought it was Nu's entirely. Gotta say, that makes the edits even cooler in that case. All the work you've put into them definitely pays off, because like I said they look fantastic.

Oh, and that wasn't a boring read at all. It was quite informative, so thank you.

In that case you're welcome.

And to add a bit more to the topic, I did some more random editing, did a sloppy job but it wasn't a serious edit anyway, only done because of Miss Vee's love for the show. (Though ideas to improve it would be nice, simply so I can get better at editing things.)

And another Noel edit, with Rachel.Don'taskbecauseevenIdonotknowwhyIdidthisatallmaybeit'sbecauseI'mcrazywhoknows. I know her head is kinda small, but unlike with Nu, I didn't feel like really doing much, just wanted to mess around.

I was working on something bigger than these, like, real editing stuff. But I keep messing up on the skirt so I wanted a break with some small junk to hopefully try and improve, it isn't helping. Stoppingramblingnowsorry.

Huh, never would've thought Noel would be such a perfect model for all of them. It's not terribly sloppy; I think you did fine. As for what to improve, I'd say...well, maybe change the gun's colors to match each respective girl, but I can't think of anything else. You pretty much covered all the bases; great work.

And another Noel edit, with Rachel.Don'taskbecauseevenIdonotknowwhyIdidthisatallmaybeit'sbecauseI'mcrazywhoknows. I know her head is kinda small, but unlike with Nu, I didn't feel like really doing much, just wanted to mess around.

The head looks fine to me, actually, though my knowledge of spriting is very limited so for all I know it very well could be. Either way, it's still a good job. If you don't mind me asking, any plans to Noel-ify some other cast members?

I was working on something bigger than these, like, real editing stuff. But I keep messing up on the skirt so I wanted a break with some small junk to hopefully try and improve, it isn't helping. Stoppingramblingnowsorry.

I hope you've sent this to Vee, she would just sparkle. :)

I did in fact said it to her, and she said that it was one of the most awesome things she had seen this week, even if she's just trying to be nice that makes me happy :D

Huh, never would've thought Noel would be such a perfect model for all of them. It's not terribly sloppy; I think you did fine. As for what to improve, I'd say...well, maybe change the gun's colors to match each respective girl, but I can't think of anything else. You pretty much covered all the bases; great work.

This better? I honestly completely forgot about the guns. Also made Jupiter a bit darker, because, Iunno.

The head looks fine to me, actually, though my knowledge of spriting is very limited so for all I know it very well could be. Either way, it's still a good job. If you don't mind me asking, any plans to Noel-ify some other cast members?

If others think it looks fine then I'm sure it isn't too bad. I figure it's mostly because I usually don't think that most sprite stuff I do looks good. Could also be cause I forgot to try and make her shorter and seeing Rachel not short just looks so weird.

I was actually think of Noel-ifying all of the female cast (Minus Platinum until she's out of course, and probably Tao because I can't think of how to do her's unless I do some edits to what I think Tao would look like if she has a human face...), it's just that the ones that's are left all involve actual edits now, since their bust size is, uh, not as lacking as Noel's. D:

In any case I did the already-done-by-a-few-people try of Noel-ifying Tsubaki. I put three of them because I was wondering what she'd look like with the stockings appearing to be pantyhose, and because I wanted to see if I'd prefer the tan or purple shoes. Messed up on her breasts, and kinda messed up with the hat, hat doesn't bother me too much though.

Any suggestions for next character to Noel-ify are welcomed. Or even next character to be "other-character-fied".

This better? I honestly completely forgot about the guns. Also made Jupiter a bit darker, because, Iunno.

Now THAT is pretty much perfect. Funny how such small edits make it look so different, though it's for the better. I don't think Miss Vee was just trying to be nice, because quite frankly they're awesome edits.

I was actually think of Noel-ifying all of the female cast (Minus Platinum until she's out of course, and probably Tao because I can't think of how to do her's unless I do some edits to what I think Tao would look like if she has a human face...), it's just that the ones that's are left all involve actual edits now, since their bust size is, uh, not as lacking as Noel's. D:

Yes, I'd imagine Tao would be quite a pain to do. All the females as Noel would look great, though Litchi wouldd be a pain because of the bust, like you said...is it possible to use the bust from Litchi's sprites and then edit them to look like they belonged to Noel's?

Well, regardless, I look forward to whatever you make next.

In any case I did the already-done-by-a-few-people try of Noel-ifying Tsubaki. I put three of them because I was wondering what she'd look like with the stockings appearing to be pantyhose, and because I wanted to see if I'd prefer the tan or purple shoes. Messed up on her breasts, and kinda messed up with the hat, hat doesn't bother me too much though.

Ohh, very nice. The one on the left is my favorite, but the other two are just as good. If you don't mind me asking, though, what's wrong with the breasts?

Any suggestions for next character to Noel-ify are welcomed. Or even next character to be "other-character-fied".

ARAKUNE. Or maybe Bang. I know, I'm being weird. Hmm...Makoto would look cool as Noel, I'd bet, but considering you already did the tailed Noel, that'd probably feel redundant. Regardless of who you choose, though, I look forward to seeing what it is; your works are all awesome.

Who to "other-characterfy" next? Hmm...what about Lambda?

Ohh, very nice. The one on the left is my favorite, but the other two are just as good. If you don't mind me asking, though, what's wrong with the breasts?

ARAKUNE. Or maybe Bang. I know, I'm being weird. Hmm...Makoto would look cool as Noel, I'd bet, but considering you already did the tailed Noel, that'd probably feel redundant. Regardless of who you choose, though, I look forward to seeing what it is; your works are all awesome.

Who to "other-characterfy" next? Hmm...what about Lambda?

They just look weird to me, Iunno why. Overall I'm happy with it though. And I totally want to try Arakune now, just because it'd be hilarious.

Lambda seems like it could be fun. Though I suppose doing a Lambda Noel would be silly what with Mu, huh?

In any case. Next batch of Noel-ifyed characters:

Litchi OhgodwhathaveIdonetoherbreasts. Those were directly taken from Litchi too. I do like how her legs came out though, didn't think I could quite make them long enough.

Makoto PosestolenfromNoelwithtailbecauseI'mlazy. I did the one with the black because, well I was basing it on when she has the cloak thing at the beginning of some fights. Forgot to make breasts bigger in that one, oh well. Don't know if I made them big enough anyway.

Tager

I-I'm scared to try.

Too easy.

Noel-ify Tao. =)

Trying, it's kinda confusing.

And now for random Noel edit that I feel almost ashamed to share, not for the sloppily done skirt and shoes, but just because what it's from. I'm actually kinda proud of the hair and jacket though. Kinda feel like remaking the skirt and shoes sometime, but it depends on if other people would think it's worth it and such.

And I totally want to try Arakune now, just because it'd be hilarious.

Indeed it would. I really hope you go through with it; considering your past edits I'm sure it'll look amazing.

Lambda seems like it could be fun. Though I suppose doing a Lambda Noel would be silly what with Mu, huh?

Ah, yes. Good point.

In any case. Next batch of Noel-ifyed characters:

Litchi OhgodwhathaveIdonetoherbreasts. Those were directly taken from Litchi too. I do like how her legs came out though, didn't think I could quite make them long enough.

Makoto PosestolenfromNoelwithtailbecauseI'mlazy. I did the one with the black because, well I was basing it on when she has the cloak thing at the beginning of some fights. Forgot to make breasts bigger in that one, oh well. Don't know if I made them big enough anyway.

Litchi looks fine, as do the breasts (I am well aware of how much of an innuendo that sounds like.) Only problem I have is that her neck seems a bit off, but that could just be me being stupid. Makoto, on the other hand, is my favorite of all the Noel-ified characters you've produced so far. Everything about it just looks perfect, seriously.

And now for random Noel edit that I feel almost ashamed to share, not for the sloppily done skirt and shoes, but just because what it's from. I'm actually kinda proud of the hair and jacket though. Kinda feel like remaking the skirt and shoes sometime, but it depends on if other people would think it's worth it and such.

THAT is awesome. The skirt honestly doesn't look that bad, and the shoes are fine. It's a solid edit all around. Also, I feel like I've seen it before, like what it's from just barely eludes me.

Since there is no GG Sprite Art thread, I was left to go here since I have no freaking clue where to put this. Oh well, it'll most likely get moved if really need be, so enjoy.

EDIT 10 MINUTES LATER: Also posting this despite that I don't think anyone aside from Jam, Amadeous, and SD will get the joke. :v: