Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ざわ…ざわ

[Other: Q&A] Rachel Alucard Gameplay Questions and Answers

Been wondering about this for a while, but is there any difference between 5D and 6D, in the absence of any attached barrel lotus? It seemed a little odd that 6A could launch the opponent with 5D but not 6D so I was wondering if there are any other differences.

Jc launches too with 5d but that's it aside  the whole barrel lotus bit

Hello, people! I'd need some "starting tools" with Rachel
Something to start building my core gameplay around

I would need:

• A basic BnB combo off our best poke (I think it is 5B. Am I correct?)
  • A basic BnB combo that can be started off both 5A and 2A 
  • Some sort of combo off a mixup - possibly starting with a reliable and easy to use overhead
  • A couple of simple mix up strings. Each one should be able to be converted into all the aformentioned combos

It would be better if those combos required no wind. 1 wind combos are ok if they offer significant payoff. I also need them to be executable in every part of the screen and against any character. If I'm not asking too much, I'd need them to lead to a knockdown, so I could practice Oki from there.

Also, do you have any basic advice about how to menage neutral with Rachel from a beginner point of view? Something like which tools I should learn using first in order to get in and defend myself in basic situations?

These informations would be of much help. Rachel is a hell for a beginner like me, but I really want to learn her! :yaaay:

Hi folks, I'm trying to practise this bnb midscreen combo, but having some trouble with the timing:

- (2B) > 5BD > 6A > 4B > Dash 5B > 6A > 236A > Dash 5CC > Summon

I'm skipping the (2B) for now. I notice that I need to delay the 5B after the first dash in order for the 236A to not whiff, but in doing so I can't dash in time to get the 5CC. Does anyone know a video that has the timing?

Would really appreciate it, thanks!

hmmmm, that's not the right combo to practice in CPEX. In CPEX, 6C under the effects of wind will float the opponent and give good corner carry. So let's change the combo to something closer to her midscreen BnB in CPEX

5B > 5CD > 6C> j.C > microdash 6A > 236A > microdash 3C > 214C > dash 6A > 4B > microdash 5CC
https://youtu.be/o2uLwtFNulc?t=84

Next, try this combo and use the video example I gave as a visual guide as you're doing it (There's an added 5B > j.3DB > j.C at the beginning but you can skip that for now if you want) In particular, take careful note of how 236A hits the opponent at the height of its arc because it's going to make your life easier for the microdash 3C afterwards. Play with the timing of canceling into 236A after 6A to get the desired juggle you want.

Yep, this is what I'm looking for. The combo seems a lot longer (and therefore more daunting), but the attached video really helps. I'll work on it. Thanks!

Edit: Been practising. The microdash into 3C is challenging (the microdash frequently does not happen because I input it too early), this combo would take quite a while to work with.

I found a similar route on the wiki:

5B > 5CD > 6C> j.C > microdash 6A > 4B > microdash 6A > 4B > microdash 5CC

They seem to do a similar amount of damage, and start out similarly.

Apart from the same attack combo warning, any idea why this isn't used more frequently, considering how much easier it is to execute compared to the one you suggested? Unless the combo without warning can be extended further...

I wouldn't know since I've never tried this combo in CPEX and I'm kind of surprised it even works. But my guess is that this combo will probably drop from more practical starters like 2B > 5B or 5B > j.3DB > j.C when you hit SMP. More importantly, easier is relative and differs from player to player. In this particular case, I won't really say that the 236A > microdash 3C > 214C combo route is more challenging in terms of execution so long as you can already do microdash stuff. The only issue here is timing, which can be learned more easily compared to execution. You just have to play around with it.

But if you're having that much trouble with the microdash 3C, I wouldn't bother learning the route. You can do the route you listed with the double 6A > 4B no problem in CF because of the changes to SMP so it isn't a big deal in the long term if you can't do the microdash 3C. Feel free to even just do one 6A > 4B > 5CC for now in CPEX if you run into issues doing it twice. You won't get as much damage but it's not that big of a deal. Being able to do a combo from beginning to end very consistently is more important than optimizing damage at the end of the day.

EDIT: Quick clarification! The double 6A > 4B part will work in CF from some routes but the overall route itself will be different!

A fair point about dropping from other starters. I personally found the double 6A > 4B really easy to do, but the combo with microdash 3C > 214C does look a lot cooler so I think it's still worth working on in the long run (until CF, at least).

Yep I understand that the overall route will be quite different in CF, mainly because j.C with 5D doesn't float anymore.

I really appreciate the quick comments and tips, thanks!