Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PozerWolf

Official Austin Topic, 4th Edition full of fun and happy times! ;o

What's up? And welcome to the Austin, Texas topic, full of fun and happy times!

Head over to Arcade UFO.
The Arcade is where some of the Austin players hang out at.
Come check it out whenever you have time, and join us for a couple of games.
http://www.arcadeufo.com

We also have a Facebook group where most of the players post frequently.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/170184739744077/

Also, the Austin Guilty Gear fighting game group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1478943759046918/

You may post in this topic if you please, but your chances of finding players are a lot higher if you join these groups.

Don't have a facebook? You should get one.

Holy shit!

http://kotaku.com/5343753/policenauts-english-localization-completed

Oh yeah, and I'm trying to apply for that Game Testing job.

I was suggested to work there by Staff Agents who could have hired me, but I was late to inform them I was interested both times. So I can get in, it's just a matter of when the window will be open again.

Ugh, I wouldn't mind working there compared to tech support ;(

It's fuckin' Hideo Kojima. It's similar to Snatcher. If you don't know about that either, play it too. And be sure to call the sex line.

Yay a new Austin thread... because the 3rd one really needed to be deleted... :8/: GGs to Jeff, it was fun to actually play guilty gear with somebody. Good to see it replaced the steaming pile of shit that is TvC.

So ya I got Dissidia, man it feels terrible. Although it is something to play on PSP since MH sessions are just strait up to hard to ever get going. Anyway John next time I see you at the arcade you should play me in MvC2 or XvSF. edit: ITS MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

was nice seein gg still up in the arcade and as for 25 cent saturday...most worth i've ever gotten out of 10 bucks daemon bride is meh, its neat i guess, a fun pick-up. Made me look forward to AH3 more. Blazblue is sad...very very sad. Actually wished I could have played someone at melty so I could finally put my 2 hours of playing by myself to use.

So I got a new TV recently and I can actually play SF4 and BB (ewww) on it without much lag... but GG gets 83ms of lag because it's 480i. :vbang: My CRT looks so crappy on the ground next to it, but Mahvel and GG demand it!

So ya I got Dissidia, man it feels terrible. Although it is something to play on PSP since MH sessions are just strait up to hard to ever get going. Anyway John next time I see you at the arcade you should play me in MvC2 or XvSF.

edit: ITS MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

I'd play MH with you but you have 2G and I have Unite so...

Darren:

Should have asked me to play Melty lolololol.

Darren:

Should have asked me to play Melty lolololol.

Its not so much about finding the people, its finding 4 people that can arange their schedules so they can get in more then 4 huts.

If you get 2G I'll be all over that shit with you... provided we can find 2 others. lol

Its not so much about finding the people, its finding 4 people that can arange their schedules so they can get in more then 4 huts.

Zack and I were talking about trying to get some MH sessions going again, possibly during the summer.

Didn't they butcher all the monster names in Unite? Also, isn't there a new rathian variation?

The only possibly "butchered" names I can think of:

Naruga Karuga - Nargacuga (which is accurate tbh)

Volganos - Lavasioth (ugh)

Yamatsukami - Yama Tsukami (BIG DIFFERENCE)

As for "new Rathian variation," no.

Other than that, all of the not-Capcom corporately-sponsored DLC event quest items (JUMP, Famitsu, 1000 Gavas, etc.) are dummied out- still obtainable, though.

The only possibly "butchered" names I can think of:

Naruga Karuga - Nargacuga (which is accurate tbh)

Volganos - Lavasioth (ugh)

Yamatsukami - Yama Tsukami (BIG DIFFERENCE)

As for "new Rathian variation," no.

Other than that, all of the not-Capcom corporately-sponsored DLC event quest items (JUMP, Famitsu, 1000 Gavas, etc.) are dummied out- still obtainable, though.

Lavasioth... wtf... they just tried to shit all over that name. I was considering converting my 2G to Unite if it had any new monsters, but fuck that now. Lavasioth killed it for me, volganos was a fine name. BUT NO! Got to shit on that name. Naruga and Yama are no big deal, but Lavasioth just fucking bothers me for some reason. :psyduck:

Damn Gamesworkshop said September and I got my copy of Space Hulk today. On saturday when I am back in Austin I am going to need to clip all the pieces and put them together.

So I got a new TV recently and I can actually play SF4 and BB (ewww) on it without much lag... but GG gets 83ms of lag because it's 480i. :vbang: My CRT looks so crappy on the ground next to it, but Mahvel and GG demand it!

GGXX has a 480p mode, hold X and Triangle while the game boots to enable. Need component cables.