Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shtkn

[May 14] Danger Time @ KO Gaming Lounge in Southern California. Biweekly!

Next Event: May 14 Danger Time: Buildup

KO Gaming Lounge address
18888 Labin Ct b206
Rowland Heights
CA 91748

The Lounge is located on the second floor of the plaza, look for the KO Gaming Lounge sign.

Rules at KO Gaming Lounge
Venue Fee: $5 for 1 hour, $10 for the whole day.
Hours: 4PM - 11PM
*Can rent sticks after paying venue for no cost, but they hold your ID.
*No outside food or drink, but the Lounge has an agreement with one of hte restaurants in the plaza where they can deliver food to it (I forget which restaurant).

Danger Time: Clash and Danger Time: Buildup
Currently we plan to run events bi-weekly (once every two weeks), alternating between tournaments (Clash) and workshops (Buildup) to give players a chance to compete in high pressure situations as well as a chance to take a step back and analyze their play to improve themselves.

Danger Time: Clash
Currently we plan to have tournaments every other event, so basically once a month. These tournaments will follow standard rules: double elimination bracket, 2/3 rounds FT2. Grand finals is FT3. $5 entry fee, payout is for top 3, 70/20/10. Signups are until 5PM of tournament day. Tournament starts at 5 for both games.

Bounty System
A bounty will be placed on the top 3 players of the previous tournament. Players who win even a single round against one of these marked players will win a prize! Winning a round earns 1%, winning a set wins 5%. Money is taken out of 1st place's winnings. All values are rounded to nearest dollar.

*Note any player with a bounty on their head can not claim a bounty

For example if a bounty hunter wins a set against a target, then the hunter instantly wins 5% of the pot, 1st place's payout then becomes 65%

Danger Time: Buildup
Pending, but we plan to hold events to help players improve such as discussions, giving players the opportunity to play specific opponents if they want to learn a matchup, and group critiques.

Danger Time buildup is this Saturday (April 2)! Not confirmed, but current plans are to hold a kumite with someone...

Alright, we've finalized the special event! This time it will be a kumite versus KizzieKay!

Doors open at 4, but the event will start at 5 so people can warm up.

We'll do 3 hours or Xrd, then 3 hours BBCPE. Sets will be FT3

So, the next one of these should be on Saturday April 16th. (This weekend).

But more importantly, I recently wound up with an extra copy of Shin Megami Tensei IV.  I was going to just give it away to someone, but instead, let's have some fun!  Everyone who shows up this weekend will have a chance to win a free copy of SMT4!  I was thinking of doing a raffle, though I see these events have a "bounty" system, so maybe I could add it as a prize.  I'm still thinking raffle though.  Give everyone an equal chance.  But either way, come on by this weekend, have some fun at a great venue, and maybe win a critically acclaimed 3DS game.  See you all there!

Since West Coast Warzone is this weekend, we'll postpone Danger Time. Whether it comes back next week or in 2 weeks is dependent on the availability of KO Gaming Lounge: they just started having events for Pokken the Saturdays we aren't there so we might not be able to get space. I'll update when they tell me more

Ah, good to know.  And no worries, I'll keep the game safe until whenever the next one is.  But it definitely will be there, so everyone practice up.

Also, why is WCW banning PS3 sticks for Revelator?

Reminder that Danger Time is tomorrow. Doors open at 4pm and we'll be having tournaments for xrd and bbcpe