Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vegta12

Accidental Venom Match-ups

so since there wasnt one, i thought id start one unless icey saw one i didnt see. what are some tips on johnny. it seems like doom squeezes out a little bit more than me on this match-up and i gots to fix it

If he likes to rushdown in the corner, you can escape via Dark Angel, FB Double Head Morbid or Warp + airdash, never try tu rush him without throwing some balls first, cuz he can stop you with just a coin, Killer joker its very fast so pay atention, same with Jackhound and Mist Stanced Jackhound.

It's a joke because from the transition from the arcade machine to console there has been many blatant bugs found throughout the game. The company is considering a release of another accent core with... less bugs. "Accident Core" is what we've come to call it.

Any idea about how to control Sol??? I find this match-up kinda difficult, because he doesnt let me summon my balls (wow, everything i say about Venom is sooo weird), any help?

for sol i normally try to throw out balls here and there if i can, he is really fast so i try to keep a ball up and save it for when i can hit him. idk how others do it. tough match though ;(

I am annoyed with this matchup because the friend i play uses sol and its hard to keep him lock down when he has the damm uppercut to get him out. What i do is with a knockdown ill cancel the 2nd hit of the sweep (actually im not sure if its better to cancel it on the first hit because some characters get up slower if they fall either on there back or their face.)with a HS ball summon. When wakes up warp and it will cross him up which screws up his command to uppercut and ull get a free j.s into combo. Its just a game on really capitalizing on sol's mistakes but a good sol wont make the apparent to much. Is it me or venom takes a little but to turn around in the air because if he did turn around u could rly make that cross up rly worth it with a j.s, j.236 D, 6p, 6hs into foolishness or combo into dubbie. Ky annoys me because after he does his combos then knockdown hes doing to do a combo that start with 5k and that beats out my throws all day long. Maybe i should try practicing slashback for that.

Alright, here's the deal. I don't really have much comp if any here in SC, so anything I say regarding match-ups is pretty much gonna be based on experience in past games and my general understanding of shit in AC. That said, take all this shit with a grain of salt. For Sol, how much you win is gonna be directly proportional to how well you bait VVs. How you go about it depends on how good the Sol is. If he doesn't IB->DP well, you just have to keep him in real blockstun. Solid CR loops (hella easy now that 5S© hits 3 times on nearly all crouching characters), S Stingers at a certain range, and HS Stinger FRCs. If he can IB->DP, S Carcass is pretty much out and so is 2 hit 2D. Should be okay if you cancel into Stingers as much as possible, or maybe DC after a blocked 5HS or 6HS. Shitty part of the match-up is that VV pretty much kills most oki. Sol can definitely VV j.K setups on reaction to seeing the move out, and we don't have j.S FRC anymore for silly baits. Best way to deal with it is slapping a meaty Dark Angel or charged S Carcass (from a distance) on him after a knockdown. He can try using Grand Viper to get under Angels, but you can jump that shit and fuck him up or just block and punish if he doesn't have bar. Other than that, best way to deal with VV is just not being near him. Be flexible in your gameplan, and don't be afraid to transition from pressure to keepaway. A solid ball game can box him out pretty well, and 6P is good against jump-ins again. Just watch for jump in, VV ;[ Guy above me: TK the warp and Venom will turn around. Also, don't bother trying to slashback Ky 5K since he'll just cancel it into other shit anyway. 6K maybe, since he has to link attacks after that.

So there's a HOS player named ceo of darkness that lives down here, and i can't seem to get him. We mostly played slash, haven't had time to play more often. But at least in slash, our games would look something like this.... game start, I usually win the start with either 2s, cr/sa, or with a DHM depending on what i think he'll do. When he gets momentum going He'll double spam the reverse block slide and usually catch me once with it, so I tech back, drop a ball, jump hit the ball to dash in, he slides again fire catches me for more combo, i land. and he pressure blocks me into the corner where he mixup grabs me for stupid hos combo dmg. If i try to apply wakeup pressure with a jump hit ball dash he upper cuts me. >< If i dash in behind my ball, he fire thrust-punch (sorry i don't know HOS moves). And basically destroys all my reset pressure. If I DO get the dash slash to connect i usually follow with like j.hs, sweep, CR, c.s or ball setup. Only hos seems to grab me out of the j.h every time and mad struggle's pause seems to be enough time for him to spam that damned fire uppercut. >< My only hope is when i've got the momentum, which i usually end up flubbing a TK-MS or something else and lose it all. 2H seems to do pretty good against his dash attack,AA, but it's not a game saver, since half the time it leaves you on equal footing when you're lucky. Anyone have any trouble with HOS? It's not supposed to be one of the harder maches but his pokes always beat mine. I never seem to trade a decent hit with him, and his 2 hit uppercut/fire priority seems to kill most of my pressure game. 6p might help me out a lot in ac to help connect a lot of the 6hs. His grab (at least in slash) seems to out distance venom's which screws up a lot of my game. Though i'm hoping to fix that with some cr/sa cancels. Also titan, get your ass down here to florida, we got flash metroid, and some other decent players. Plus ryujin and I are probably the ONLY venom's in fl and we could both definitely use some guidance :-D We have monthly tournaments.

mmmm johnny and baiken my two banes with venom. johnny's pokes seem farther than venom's. lets also note he can actually go through your projectiles and his slash sword is faster than most of them cept for the 46H. also gotta love the dash throw. lawl i think my wins against johnny is like 1 to 12 that bad ;X. the problem is u cant really stay long range from johnny it seems, and if u try to rush him his 6H i think will actually beat u everytime. lets not also metion the punch that will stop all your air attacks in existance.

Any tips on Slayer? Sometimes I get stuck in a corner, slayer is +4 on block after a c.s s and his k..k..k..k hit confirms along with his IAD HS (I try to 6p but I get hit out of it for a slayer counter hit j.hs floor bounce combo). Also Slayers 2HS goes over 2D with venom and then he gats guaranteed BBU force break for near half a bar. Mad rushdown Slayer is too hard.

hello i was practicing with venom sinve 2 months. My english sucks, so sorry T___T I am not a expert but i have some ideas to explain... - agaist johnny, in my opinion johnny players have a lot of problems for make preasure, he can try make mist cancel, or launch a coin, be caution agaist a esenga TK of IAD (if he makes the IAD and he is little far from you, make 6P 6HS etc, if he is very close or make a RC in esenga TK only guard agaist him, later of a coin JO players usually makes esenga TK or IAD too, if he makes mist cancel and he is little far from you, you have a window for jump and scape (be caoution about esenga tk too). you 6P will eat a lot of his air atacks. Jo only have 2 overheads, D and esenga tk, be patience and guard down, and only wait the opotunity to scape, be caution of grabs, 6K frc grab, or divine blade/killer jokker ..grab. Not make Burst, he have amazin range in his attaks and you burts will brake your bones T____T (Dead angles too if he is little far away form you too) T___T in your preasures or if you lauch a death angel be caution of his tension his overdrive have impresive range. his airpokes i very easy to guard compared to other characters. - agaist Baiken i haven tried...but maybe 2 D will swift her S counter?, i dotnhave any experience about fighting her X.x - agaist sol, how says titan be caution of his VV, if you usually plays this player .. think in counter some srk, an in this match he will cant make this move freely, (my english sucks sucks sucks, ) be caution in his special grab, i thinkthat in AC is better, if you try to attak him later of a.. 2K especial grab, are you lost, try some atak for counter him, but i think that if you attak, you improve his range for the grab, i try to jump, or simply push 2 if you guard down when he makes his grab he cant grab you (if you are cornered yes), be caution of his ground viper, you can provoke your irval to make it and punish him (grab him before the ground viper final hit for get some style points XDD) agaist jam... 6P 6HS is aperfect antiair, began the preasures with 2K S etc, she cant parry low hits, you can try to began one timeof to with K for make jam player more confidence and make morea easy get the 2K S. etc be caution agaist her 236 S >D she can evade your balls (if she makes this far from you you can make 2D for counter she, be cauntion of her 2D frc 66 grab, usually try when you are with low life, she makes preasure frc grab, of more preasure. she makes alot of damage but if she makes a big damage combo, dont lose the hope you still can win the match if you make good preasure string. well i hope that can help, sorry for my english i am trying to imporve it LoL but is hard for me, my memory is the same that a fish LoL.

Fighting Baiken is terrible with Venom, the most I can say about that match up is to completely out think your opponent. Then again that's what venom always does. I have had 2D go under the S counter, so if you anticipate it then just 2D and set a ball or 2. I've personally found the warp to be helpful when I anticipate a counter, but far less effective than the 2D since the P counter will take you out of the air easily. As always, be careful with your Dark Angels since she can counter through the end of it. Her HS counter (or at least that's the one I think it is) where she flies across the screen to eviscerate your spine can take her out of your pressure unless a pool ball eats her in mid-air, so ya... that pretty gay sometimes. Her claw that she throws can reach across 2/3 of the screen to pull you in if you back off and try to set ball formations, so just keep in mind that she can pull you back to her. I don't have Baiken do that to me very often, but it can be done. If she ever does her K counter, just throw her for being retarded. Play the match safe and make her fear your 2D. That always works for me.

so... I didn't know this, but I was playing against Pot... and I dashed in with the basic K,P ball set up to cover my advance. I went with 5K, 5S (2hits), 5HS, Dubbie. I was all blocked, and between the 5HS and the dubbie... he bustered me... I still got my ball though. I guess I just somehow thought that the block stun was longer on the 5HS. Has this happened to anybody else?

so... I didn't know this, but I was playing against Pot... and I dashed in with the basic K,P ball set up to cover my advance. I went with 5K, 5S (2hits), 5HS, Dubbie. I was all blocked, and between the 5HS and the dubbie... he bustered me... I still got my ball though. I guess I just somehow thought that the block stun was longer on the 5HS. Has this happened to anybody else?

Yeah, it seems they momentarily come out of blockstun before the dubbie, I have been hit by slayers super in the same gap.

Technically speaking, Dubius Curve doesn't combo after any of the Venom normals that don't cause floating effects (that is, excluding the 3rd hit of c. S on some characters, and 6H). c. S (1-2 hits) and 5H have the same hit and block stun (level 5), and DC doesn't combo after c. S (even on hit). The reason that normally allows you to combo a DC after the 5H is the staggering effect caused by that move. But, on block, since there's no staggering, anyone with a DP-esque move or very fast attack (4-5 frames, like the Potemkin Buster) can hit you before the DC if he is expecting it, so don't become predictable.

How the hell does Venom deal with Potemkins meaty 6HS on wakeup? Pot does slidehead hammerfall cancel 5k 2s heat (venom lands in front of pot) Pot then does meaty 6HS on wakeup cancel into guaranteed slidehead wash rinse repeat. I try to backdash on wakeup but most of the time (not all) dependant on Pot's 6HS timing I still get wacked at the end of the backdash. I can't slashback as the timing is too hard, You can dead angle the 6HS if Pot is very close but any further and he gets a guaranteed slidehead. You can't jump then FD. Help?

Simple answer - IB (instant block) the 6H, then use FD jump to get off the ground to avoid the Slide Head. Air dash in and win.

IB is hard, how many frames do I have after inputting back to IB the 6HS?

IB is easy as hell. Just start using it. It's not always rewarding , but the danger after a screw up is also quite low - usually it just results in a normal block.

IB jump Pot's 6HS x Slidehead on wake up. I was practicing it last night, it's actually quite easy. I'm just so happy that theres is an easy way out of such a stupid tactic. But, if I IB 6HS and then jump does pot get anything free? like a heavenly pot buster? Also I am more often than not being hit out of 6p by Slayers J.H, is it just because that move is stupidly over powered? Do I have to hit the 6p super early?

I bet you could IB 6HS and then Dub Curve the Slidehead on reaction at certain distances. Lower body invul on DC should protect you as long as Pot wasn't right in your face, and you might even score a free lightning ball. Seems a little safer than trying to just jump out and airdash punish IMO since Pot gets a random fuckton of upperbody invul during Slidehead from my experience (could just be error on my part, though). Either way, you're gonna wanna react to the Slidehead rather than just jumping randomly. That's how people get fucked up fighting Pot. Don't guess what he's gonna do afterwards any more than you have to, since Pots also like to do 6HS xx Flick at some distances. And yeah, Slayer j.HS is definitely one of the most high priority aerials in the game. If you don't 6P it just right you're gonna get CH for phat comboz, so it might be in your best interest to just block it.

I'm having a fair bit of trouble getting out of Anji's oki and pressure strings without using DAA or burst. When are the best times to break out of his pressure?

yeah, anji's pressure is a bitch for me too I know back in slash someone told me this is when to attack (and i'm sure this is true on accent core). If he's doing the corner pressure and using his airhop to close the distance again thats his window of vulnerability. My guess you can either dash forward and dodge it completely maybe catch him with a 6h facing his way (or you could do 2HS which seems to have good luck and turning around quickly) into w/e. I dunno if you can j.s, you might CH each other, but i'm willing to bet if you did a j.D as you were both going up you'd hit him before his hit box becomes active.