Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nyah

Rachel to Platinum?

Hey everyone, I have a question. 
I've played Rachel for quite some time and I must say she's pretty tough and requires skill to play.

I was wondering if I would do better on a different character that requires less skill to play, like, maybe Platinum?

Will Platinum be better than me playing Rachel If i practice enough?

I've played Rachel for about 5 years and It took a while for me to become decent.

I'm hoping I can become better than my Rachel with Platinum in a short amount of time.

Will Platinum be a good transition? 

Thanks!

Platinum is a somewhat more straightforward character, and is probably somewhat less executionally challenging, but unless you have played a lot of fighting games, it will still probably not be particularly easy to get your Platinum up to the level of your Rachel in a short period of time.

I would not, generally, recommend this change if your goal is to win more.  On the other hand, if you are not enjoying Rachel, or feel frustrated with your execution, then maybe the change will be worthwhile just for the perspective it grants.

Thank you for the reply.

I do feel as if some of Rachel's combos are hard to execute and are somewhat challenging.

As you have mentioned, Platinum does seem pretty straightforward and less executionally challenging which is what I'm looking for in a character.

My goal is not to win more, rather, to enjoy a different character that's less difficult and Platinum seems to fit the bill.

I must say. I do however, enjoy Rachel in general, just getting tired of playing her since I've played her for quite some time.

I do look forward into learning Platinum. 

Again, thank you.