Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr.Ownage

[CP/CPEX] Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan controls + nail combos

Hi fellow Bang players!

I am currently having problems with the controls of FRKZ (Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan, will type it like FRKZ from now on). While I do know it replaces all movement to high speed dashes in a direction, I find it impossible to input special moves during combos because the dash overrides the inputs, at least for me. What I tried to do is this combo (for now, ignore match conditions, this is just to make a point)

2D > FRKZ cancel > 8j.C > 6j.C > 4j.C > 9j.C > j.623B (assume that all 4 seals during this combo are active and I began the combo from the left side).

When I am about to input j.623B, instead of doing the move at the end of the input, Bang will simply do a dash forwards (I input SRK/DP motions as 626, it also works) instead of the fire punch, thus dropping the combo. Same thing on the ground, when I wanna do 5B > 2B > 6C in OD, he will teleport instead of doing the 6C. Any workarounds?

Also, is his 6C > j.D > web nail combos gone? Because I find it quite hard to connect during a combo, due to the lower nail throwing angle, same thing with j.C > j.D routes.

I was having the same FRKZ problem as you. My solution was to start inputting specials later that I usually would. It works pretty well and I'm just not sure why. 

6C > j.D > j.236C still works but now that you don't re-jump for the nail it whiffs on some characters. Try 6C > IAD j.C > j.D > j.236C instead. 

FRKZ combos require more precision and timing of inputs on the mark instead of being early or late.

Hi there, and sorry for writing so extremely late, I haven't been on the forums for a while. I know that FRKZ is,was, and always will be a super that's "easy to use, hard to master" and it requires precision, but the timings for me are so hard that when I do play Bang, I usually do not use OD at all due to how hard the FRKZ controls are.

However, no matter how I try to do it, but inputting 623B any time during FRKZ combos (I usually input it as 626 though, it also works) causes Bang to forward dash instead of doing flaming fist (which wallbounces during FRKZ, dunno why did the devs have to change it so that it only does so during OD, it would have raised Bang's combo potential a LOT),which causes me to drop the combo and waste the burst icon, espicially if the opponent manages to go back to neutral or blocks my attacks correctly. If you could teach me or explain how to do this (623B mid combo without getting a dash instead) it would be cool!

It's something you need to get used to. A good thing to practice is 5b > 2b > 2c > 6c > j.623b. You don't want to buffer your inputs at all and do them fast and accurately. And you can't hold directions or you'll just do a dash. Ultimately it's just something you need to grind. Keep it up.