Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BearsWithKnives

ALOHA CORE!!! Hawaii's air-dashing scene.

i'm gonna be a scrub and give excuses "i had to work" =( lol good shit kuro. i'll be there next time when the hype returns.

I'm now back at home.

Too much HYPE over the last few days.

More people need to show up for sessions when I come up next time.

GG, DB, and MBAA action is HYPE!, lol.

Close DB matches went down to being on the far ends of the stage and shooting at each other. Kuon's feet are invincible cuz they don't touch the ground. Too funny.

Close DB matches went down to being on the far ends of the stage and shooting at each other.

Yui is AWESOME.

*pew pew pew*

Bullet Specials, FTW.

ihpsta - I just looked at your blog. Is it gonna be an entire coverage of HVGL stuff, or only your matches? I should shake the dust off of my Dhalsim. Maybe I should enter in the Black Friday Tourney. We'll see.

It's going to be both and more. I'm gonna blog about anything relating to fighting games. It's pretty fun when i'm not practicing or at work. And yes you should be there and shake the cobwebs off your Dhalsim. We def. need practice against him.

Kuro - ya King33 - There's an SFIV 2v2 on the 18th. If you're on SRK, check out the 808 thread. My stick still isn't modded = no GGAC practice.

@ihpsta Interested in playing AH now? lol. Who you playing as? Play dat GG mang! @King33 What's good man, how you been? As far as GG sessions go, talk to Bears about playing some casuals with him or something. Also, I randomly visited Oahu last month. It was HYPE.

I'll let you guys know when I fly up to Oahu again for GG action.

Alright SFIV is complete trash. I'm such a sheep to even play it.

Peer pressure?

LOL.

Has this scene always been here? were there previous threads in HI? curious cuz after so long it occured to me where I can find ppl in the area that play.

There is somewhat of a ''808 GG scene" cause there are only a few people that actually play the game at all currently/actively. But yeah, there are some GG players in the 808. As far as 808 threads go on DL, this is the 3rd one IIRC. If you want to get in some casuals, post up that you are interested and hopefully someone can get a session going. Also, be somewhat active in the thread cause there are times when no one really posts anything and there isn't really much discussion going on because people are off doing their own thing. Thread activity is sometimes sporadic cause only a few people actually post up in here, lol. That's about it. If you have any other Q's, just ask. Also the obligatory, "What char(s) do you play?" and "What's your background in GG playing experience?"

Well, I've converted to tekken this year, but not fully; haven't played GG anytime this year either. I kinda played long enough to sample every char (cept Anji just too fruity for me), but if I had to choose a character(s) right now they'd be :JO::VE::CH:, :IN: needs warm-up time for her B&b. I like playing :ZA::RO:, and :OS: if i can get them to work. I haven't been playing outside of anyone I know that much (when I did)< but I spent a lot of time learning combos in Practice. I've been playing Since GG, got a better understanding in X2. My ?tion is when u guys session do u use stick or pad cuz i never got around to buying stick for the ps2; all my shit is on pad. How long, where and when u guys session?

Oahu has enough Tekken players as it is, lol. Though if you need some comp in that game check out the 808 thread on the Tekken Zaibatsu forums. Your main chars roster is nice though it has some overlap with 2 of your chars; 1 other person also uses VE while another person is learning IN unless he switched mains again. The other chars you listed would be fun to play against in casuals as well, though that would be a lot of chars to play through in one GG session. Besides the overlap of 2 chars, your other 2 main chars (JO and CH) along with the other chars you have listed (ZA, RK, and OS) would make some welcome additions to the variety of char matchups played here in the 808 GG scene. In regard to peripherals used in GG sessions, you are free to use whatever control method you like, whether it's pad or stick just bring it with you when you play. Some of us use sticks while others use pad to play GG. There are a few problems currently with GG sessions which are: interest, time/availability, and location. Interest in playing GG is limited because only a few people actually play the game. Counting you, there's only about 5 people that post up in the thread and are interested in playing GG. Some people that used to play GG have quit and moved on to play other games and of course there is the issue of GG being too difficult to learn because of the high barrier of entry to play. Also, more people are interested in playing popular games like SF4, Tekken, and BB (somewhat) it seems. Time/availability is an obvious problem as everyone has their own schedules. Though if a session were to take place it would more than likely be during the weekend, probably either Saturday or Sunday depending on choice. Maybe even during the week if people are interested. The length of the GG session could be as long as the host wants it to be but would probably start early afternoon till whenever it was over. Location is another issue. We used to have some GG sessions via HVGL (Hawaii Video Game League) events that took place at some venue, it's currently now at HBB for SF4/Tekken casuals and tourneys. No one really showed up to play GG save for 2 to 4 people at best. Right now, someone would have to host a GG session in order to play with the other players, whether it was at their house or at some venue. People are kinda spread out as it is via their location: Waipahu, Pearl Harbor, Honolulu, and Kapolei. So whoever hosts the session, everyone else would have to be comfortable in traveling to that location to play some GG. And finally, all the current 808 GG players live on Oahu except for one player; myself, cause I live on the Big Island. Yes, I fly up to Oahu to play GG because there is no comp over here whatsoever. It's fucked up, I know. lol. That is pretty much the current status of things regarding the 808 GG scene.

Anji is badass. Butterfly mix-ups all day. Guard point all day. JI combos all day. Gonna pass the mic to King33 about how badass Anji is. There might be a SF4 2v2(format TBD lol) on Friday at Hawaiian Brian's. Check the 808 SRK thread for info. If this goes down, I'll be glad(including HVGL) to run GG casuals there on the side since they always have a PS2 hooked up, and all we gotta do is pop in the game and go. I'll also be there for the 2v2 tourney, and they also have Tekken. Info about this is late I know, but I haven't check the threads in the longest time. I'll keep everyone posted on whether I'm going or not. So far from the looks of things this SF4 tourney is going down.

It's going down tonight!!! MBAA and GG casuals at Hawaiian Brian's. Kutmaster Spaz will be there all night. Be there, and GET HYPE!!! I'll be bringing my copies of GGXXAC and MBAA. Also my ps2 just in case.

hell ya anji is badass he is easy as hell to use and can be a straight beast he was in the team that won 08 sbo. Anji is way underated imo. Man that sucks i was at the club yesterday. And bears i think i am gonna be here until the summer round july.

RANBATS!!! Got an OK from Jeff to start ranbats for GG, AH, and MBAA. I know there's only a handful of people who play but it's a good start. The season will start when hgvl ranbat resumes again in January. Let's figure out which game should get priority. GET HYPE!