Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BearsWithKnives

ALOHA CORE!!! Hawaii's air-dashing scene.

Furi just stays at home all day is all. Cleaning in nothing but an apron. For me. :3

D:... So you just want me to be a maid? D:

You've got some nerve to say that considering the 'new' thread more or less is self-serving toward Oahu/BB players, especially when the idea for said thread wasn't really brought up in the first place and discussed with the other people outside of your clique. Had the idea for a new thread were to be brought up and discussed, I'd probably be onboard with the idea, but seeing as how the OP of the new thread pretty much differs from how the OP of the old thread was, makes me believe that the interests of the DL Hawaii populace are completely different and separate. Even the 'shoutout' to myself and Bears seems like an afterthought all things considered, though Lunar probably meant well by it.

Basically, what I'm seeing right now is that Oahu/BB peeps wanted their own thread. But if you want to say that the 'new' thread is gonna be the general DL Hawaii thread, the OP could've been constructed better via other people's input beyond that of your clique. Fixing the OP would be a start but if the Oahu/BB people don't really care about Hawaii overall in general it would probably be best to rename your thread to reflect that.

Let's be honest here; for the amount of Hawaii people that actually have DL accounts, not that many people actually post up in the 808 thread(s) to talk about stuff beyond their gaming interests/cliques with other Hawaii people,from my POV anyway.

If the Oahu/BB people actually wanted their own thread, I'm somewhat surprised that it didn't happen sooner. It's kinda like SRK Hawaii stuffs all over again.

I see you understand that Lunar meant no harm, but I agree with you on the point that the amount of people who are actually from Hawaii who post here is very slim. The reason the thread is catered toward the BB "clique" I suppose is because at the moment, as far as air-dashers go...this is the most active scene. I do understand where you are coming from, though I'm sure you get our point as well. Mystic could have worded his last post better but don't hold it against him.

Anyways, if you feel the shoutout is a mere afterthought, I'm sure Lunar would be happy to put anything you want in the OP as well. We don't want to exclude the GG scene, and if there is still one present then I hope they step forward and speak up. More than just you and Bears that is. We're fully willing to cooperate with those who play other air dashers besides just BB, not even just limited to GG...any other games are welcome as well.

words

First off, don't go assuming that I'm responsible for the making of the new thread. It wasn't my idea at all and I personally don't feel the need for either of the threads since no one posts in them really. I rarely post in them and from what I see, there is no talk at all regarding BB, GG, or fighting games at all for that matter. So get your facts straight before you go ranting off.

The reason I asked for this thread to be closed is obviously because we have a 'new' thread and yet you continue to choose to post in the 'old' one. Very rarely does something relevant to any fighting games get posted and for the most part the threads are inactive. You said it yourself: "not that many people actually post up in the 808 thread to talk about stuff." Why can't you just post in the 'new' thread? If you wanted something posted in the OP, couldn't you just ask? You didn't have to turn this into a huge conflict and blow things out of proportion which you seem so fond of doing, from my POV anyway.

Let's be civil here. What would you like to see in the OP of the 'new' thread?

GGAC getting ported to arcade(again), and ported to next gen consoles. Will this revive the GG scene, or end up like 3SOE? I'm still skeptical about the revival and the coming future of GG....... You may discus now.

GGAC getting ported to arcade(again), and ported to next gen consoles. Will this revive the GG scene, or end up like 3SOE? I'm still skeptical about the revival and the coming future of GG....... You may discus now.

Hmm...

I still have you to play GG with whenever I visit Oahu, and I have a friend over here who's down to play GG sometimes.

Same old, same old.

The game looks interesting and I've always wanted to get good at it but never had anyone to really practice with. Hopefully now that it's getting ported to the newer consoles I'll be able to practice more easily with people and play it competitively. Getting hyped for this release

hey bears, you have an extra ps2 stick to play gg with or am i gonna have to wait for the console release?

Nope. I been wanting to ask you if you were a friend of a guy named Dave. Black guy, plays Venom/Anji/Order-Sol on pad, currently lives in Arizona.

So I heard you guys stream BB.

I also heard you guys got a Tager player.

Why have I not been linked to your stream so I can watch?

I can say not mean stuff.