Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BearsWithKnives

ALOHA CORE!!! Hawaii's air-dashing scene.

Small state, small scene, in the middle of nowhere. This thread is for Hawaii's air-dashing fighting game scene. All islands.

We play(mostly):

Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core (Console)

Blazblue Continuum Shift (Console)

Melty Blood Actress Again (Console)

Console Sessions:

BlazBlue Fridays:

Hawaii Video Gaming League:

Computer Geekz Hawaii

1391 Kapiolani Blvd.

Honolulu, HI 96814

Schedule:

808 BlazBlue Beatdown Season 1 Schedule

Stream:

I stream, UStream, HVGL streams the matches

WTH is this? I see there is a theme title now. Why didn't you run this by me first? Should've put something like 'Hawaii's Inter-Island IAD (or Air-Dashing) Scene'. Oh well whatever, lol. Yo Bears, you think there should be an intro post with some info about the 808 scene as well a player roster, or not?

yo i think a new title is great but where were the rest of the people on sunday only 3 gg players came o ya bears chungamer and josh came like 30 min after u left man

Wait, so only 3 people actually showed up to play GG this past Sunday? As for me though, I said I was down to play GG at a BB tourney. I didn't say I was gonna show up on that Sunday to play though, lol. I'll probably post up my player info soon, either by editing and updating my 1st post or via a later post when I decide how I want to format it and such.

I play BB and MB mainly, and a very small amount of GG. I'm at Brian's on Fridays, and usually Saturdays too. Hope to get games in with people at Brian's or HVGL gatherings in the future :toot: I use color 3 Ragna, and I have a ponytail. So if you see those...that's me. lol

Bears, you're barely visible in that pic save for the green shoulder of your shirt, lol. I've been playing MBAA for about a week now. Good stuff.

Thread seems somewhat lively now with the recent posts, lol. ihpsta: Yes, pick up GG. If you have any Q's about it just ask. Also, try to get in touch with Bears cause I think he would probably be down for some GG sessions outside of HVGL stuffs. Bears: Who are you using in MBAA? Mikachiru: People post up sporadically in here cause there isn't much to talk about and everyone is usually off doing their own thing for the most part. Most of the players that have posted up in here are from Oahu IIRC, except for me though cause I'm from the Big Island where there is like no local comp for GG here whatsoever. Anyway, welcome to the 808 thread, lol. Spirit Juice: This thread has become more HYPE with you just posting in here, lol.

I heard of Hawaiin Brians before...I just need to learn how to get there (I've lived here for going on three years and still don't know my way around). =3

Would you guys be interested in monthly or biweekly guilty gear / blaz blue ranbats? I have access to a community center type room and it could be rented out for the day. Very spacious and located in town near ala moana shopping center. We could get some tvs, ps2, and 360s hooked up for casuals then tournament. It would be a great way to prepare for serious tournament play and evo.

I would be down for monthly GG sessions cause it would be nice to fly up to Oahu and play some comp again. Hopefully more people actually show up to play GG though, other than just Bears and myself like at one HVGL event, lol. As far as ranbats stuff though? It would be interesting to implement but I think it would be better to get some casual sessions going on first to gauge player interest in each game's respective scene and then go from there. AFAIK there are only a few people that actually play GG and supposedly there are a fair amount of BB players; some through HVGL, some through HBB, and probably some who just play online.

Sunday is an HVGL event. I'll try my hardest to make it, but it'll be on a later time. If you see a chubby Filipino guy with facial hair, and wearing t-shirt, shorts, and slippers it's a good chance it's me. Or look for someone that's playing Guilty Gear with the description above. I prefer meeting in person.

Okay, now I don't think I can make it to the HVGL gathering this Sunday. Sunday is such a bad day. Spirit Juice - Holla if you do come to Hawaii. I could hook you up with some free surfing lessons, local style. :cool:

I take it that no one went to the HVGL event this past Sunday? Do people even play offline BB comp anyway, besides people who actually go down to HBB's to play BB? Or do people only play online BB comp? Also people should post up more so we can talk story or something.