Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BearsWithKnives

ALOHA CORE!!! Hawaii's air-dashing scene.

I take it that no one went to the HVGL event this past Sunday?

Do people even play offline BB comp anyway, besides people who actually go down to HBB's to play BB? Or do people only play online BB comp?

Also people should post up more so we can talk story or something.

I would if my mom would let me go. I think I'll be going in Dec. for my birthday. Anyway, could you post up like a schedule of the tourney days are (or whatvever you wanna call them).

As for an upcoming HVGL event schedule, updates have kinda been sporadic as of late but there were usually 2 events per month on a biweekly schedule. Usually a post (via SRK) about an upcoming event is made a week before the event takes place then Bears usually posts up about it here afterwards. BB is pretty much set for Sundays w/ SSBB IIRC and supposedly there are some SSBB players that play BB. From what Bears told me last time he attended, BB casual play was kinda scrubby with people using easy shortcuts to do special moves and stuff, lolz. Also BB is played on X360 and a tourney ($10 entry) takes place if there is enough interest and people participating. Bears sometimes makes an appearance there and may dabble a bit with BB but is more likely to play GGAC if there is any comp (myself and/or 2 others) that show up. I think Akureikaze plays BB at HBB's regularly but I don't know if he attends HVGL events for BB. I only fly out to Oahu every so often and it's mainly just to play GGAC with Bears and whoever else decides to play.

As for an upcoming HVGL event schedule, updates have kinda been sporadic as of late but there were usually 2 events per month on a biweekly schedule. Usually a post (via SRK) about an upcoming event is made a week before the event takes place then Bears usually posts up about it here afterwards. BB is pretty much set for Sundays w/ SSBB IIRC and supposedly there are some SSBB players that play BB. From what Bears told me last time he attended, BB casual play was kinda scrubby with people using easy shortcuts to do special moves and stuff, lolz. Also BB is played on X360 and a tourney ($10 entry) takes place if there is enough interest and people participating.

Bears sometimes makes an appearance there and may dabble a bit with BB but is more likely to play GGAC if there is any comp (myself and/or 2 others) that show up. I think Akureikaze plays BB at HBB's regularly but I don't know if he attends HVGL events for BB. I only fly out to Oahu every so often and it's mainly just to play GGAC with Bears and whoever else decides to play.

Oh...right. Scrubby. Thank god I can do Shinkuhadouken motion without the noob stick...Hm...*shifty eyes*

360? I can't play on the 360. I tried and failed. Crappy D-pad was crappy...Dammit, I wanna play in a tourney too!! ;~;

So every sunday is BB? What's on the other days (sorry if this sounds dumb. I've never been to HBB. I've only heard of it)?

IIRC the HVGL event block at HBB's currently goes something like this: Friday night: SF4 casuals and tourney. Saturday: [finput][/finput]. Used to be a gaming day though. Sunday afternoon: BB casuals and tourney? Maybe SSBB stuffs earlier in the afternoon if it still goes on. Probably other FGs as well if people bring stuff to play and there is any interest in them. So it would be either the 1st and 3rd Sundays or 2nd and 4th Sundays for HVGL BB sessions. I don't know how it is currently for BB comp at HBB's though but I would guess that either Friday or Saturday night would be good times to go. If I were to come up Oahu again to play GG, I would ask for a gaming session to be held on Saturday as that would be more convenient for me to attend. Dunno how many people would show up to play GG anyway outside of a few people but I think people would show up if another game was made playable that day as well. Maybe BB would probably work here for a day as the additional game that was played. ihpsta's idea for gaming sessions seems to be independent of HVGL stuffs and will probably be more focused on GG and BB but he needs to post up regarding my input on the subject. Where are you man? Post up, lol. If that idea takes off then I would say that Saturday would be a good day to do the gaming sessions.

Pretty much. If there is an announcement for a HVGL BB session, Sunday would be the day to go and check it out. I think the session usually starts around 3pm though you could probably show up earlier and jam some casuals while people start to show up. Bears will probably post up when another HVGL session takes place. Whether he is able to show up for it is another story, lol. As for BB comp at HBB's, Friday or Saturday would be ideal times to go because you are likely to have a higher influx of people possibly playing in the arcade game section cause it's the weekend. If Akureikaze happens to be down there then you can get some matches in with him as well as against other people if they are also playing the game.

Kurokun - Hey i'm still here. lol Been a bit busy with work so I wasn't able to post much. The sessions will be casuals and ranbat rankings. I do have a lot of ideas in my head but to get them implemented I have to get hired for this upcoming job. So i'm putting in my own time and money to get this ranbat up for everyone. We're looking at only BB and GG for now. But for this to work we definitely need people to come out and play. The ranbat will be free btw and games will be on 360s with sdtvs(upgrade to evo monitors if successful) and arcade sticks will be provided. Edit: I realllly want to get this up and running because GG is too much fun.

People macro-ing ice car. A vision I want out of my memory. :vbang: I used to have offline comp(sort of), but I ended up scaring them away. Sorry I couldn't make it on Sunday. By the time I was done, I figured it was too late to go there. Hopefully next time.

People macro-ing ice car. A vision I want out of my memory. :vbang:

I used to have offline comp(sort of), but I ended up scaring them away.

Sorry I couldn't make it on Sunday. By the time I was done, I figured it was too late to go there. Hopefully next time.

Bear! Add my name to the list! I go by Mikachiru so add me please~!

@ihpsta: Your idea sounds quite ambitious so I wish you the best of luck with all of that. Getting people interested to play either game is going to be quite the endeavor because not too many people actually play GG and BB compared to SF4, T6, etc. GG has a high barrier of entry to play while BB has quite a number of negative issues against it. For the most part players of either game are probably off doing their own thing because there is a limited local scene with not that many players. That's the case with GG anyway. BB at least has a cab at HBB's for some arcade comp, sessions via HVGL events, and of course online play. Hopefully people come out to play either GG or BB once the sessions start running though. And yes, GG is too much fun. :yaaay: @Bears: I too have also scared away people from playing GG, which is probably why I don't have any offline comp here whatsoever, lol.

What the hell you doing Venom combos for? RANDOM. lol. With T6 out for PS3/X360, it's probably to try and get the TZ guys interested to come down and play at a HVGL tourney. I should go play some MBAA since it's been a while when I played it last, lol.

I'm still deciding on who to main actually and just learning all the characters i find unique. That and boobies. I do prefer rush down characters. Any suggestions?

In regards to a rushdown playstyle, do you wish to utilize projectile attacks to implement rushdown or to just rely on physical attacks instead? List the chars that you are interested in playing and then I can give you some input based on your selections. Also, I might be coming up to Oahu next weekend. If I do come up we should have a GG session of some kind while I'm visiting, lol.

Ever considered ABA? She oozes rushdown. Anyone gonna check out the Tekken/SF4 tourney tonight at HBB? I'm gonna stop by, but not enter in anything cuz I don't have money. But I can play little bit of casuals though. I also have a handful of tokens from a while back.

Aba caught my attention as well so i'll add her to the list lol. I'll be at HBB for sfiv tonight. I'm the guy with the rachel TE stick.

So much chars lol.

That's a lot of chars. What, ABA too?

Bears only suggested her cause he's seen my ABA in action.

The last thing I need is more mirror matches, lol.