Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BearsWithKnives

ALOHA CORE!!! Hawaii's air-dashing scene.

This coming Sunday is another gathering, but for Smash players. I could probably have GG and MB running at the same time. More info coming out soon. MBAA made some people curious on Friday lol.

I do prefer no money involve in the ranbats for now because of limited players and it would be a great way to draw more interest. Points for now and maybe $5-10 for the finals.

I got all these windows up and trying to learn baiken. How does guard cancel work?

Another main char switch? lol.

To do Baiken's guard cancel moves, she has to block an attack first, then you input the move you want to do while blocking.

ranbats for GG, AH, and MBAA.

Priority wise?

1. Casuals for GG and MBAA to generate interest/players.

2. GG ranbats.

3. MBAA ranbats.

4. AH casuals if there is any interest in them.

IMO, casual sessions for GG and MBAA should be utilized first to generate possible interest for ranbats in both games because only a handful of people actually play either game anyway. With enough players interested in either GG/MBAA, then you can schedule some ranbats. To have ranbats for either game when barely anyone plays them on a casual basis is kinda :psyduck:

With GG, there's about 6 of us on DL that are either interested in/already playing the game. Outside of that, I don't know if any other people are even interested in actually wanting to pickup playing either game for casuals let alone for ranbats.

As for AH, casual play only if people actually want to play that game, lol.

i gotta work on my ggac game.

I heard only 2 people actually played some GG casuals at the HVGL event this past Friday night and you weren't one of them.

Ya didn't want to get pwn by freddy. Finally got a psx stick the other day and I'm back to learning venom..and baiken.

LOL. Don't be scared about being 'pwned', just play some GG anyway. That's why casuals need to take place so people can get somewhat comfortable with playing GG first before even considering to play in a competitive ranbat setting. If people barely play GG casually, what's the point of having ranbats since only a handful of people actually play the game and the interest level for people wanting to learn and play GG seems kinda low, from my POV anyway. It also doesn't help that GG isn't an easy game to learn and play either. Learn Baiken cause nobody plays as her currently and possibly having 3 Venom players in the 808 is seriously :psyduck:

Not sure about anyone else but I've thrown in the towel for bb in favor of gg.

hell ya i would always pick gg over bb. And bears if they would have it setup would it me ps3 or 360

Fresh outta Pearlridge Fun Factory, Kurokun's 15win streak is still at the top. Boss's super does 40% ish damage and is unblockable but you can back dash out of it. That's it. No one else was playing DB. And I still didn't beat the boss yet. Damn.

ehh sorry guys, i'm still trying to find a main. which character would you say is strong at mind games? i'm leaning towards aba right now and learning eddie as i go along. so many awesome characters. guess i haven't been too serious because well, i can't find a main.

I added the HVGL link to the first post so we can see the upcoming events. Ihpsta- come down to hbb's today(Sunday) if you can. According to hvgl's site, it ends at 6 so I might be there earlier.

But other than that, Hawaii's interest in BB has become very spotty.

More like, there's barely any interest in animu/donjon FGs, lol.

Do people even still play BB at HVGL events/HBB? No one on here seems to really care about BB either.

Kurokun's 15win streak is still at the top.

No one else was playing DB.

LOL.

People still don't play any DB at all?

guess i haven't been too serious because well, i can't find a main.

Pick up and learn a char already, lol.

Mindgame stuff will come later when you actually play against other people.

Until then, work on getting your execution down in training mode when you finally settle on a main char.

I use ABA sometimes...

geez, eddie is ez mode. i'm getting owned by slayer cpu using aba, switched to eddie and completely owned slayer without even getting close to him. eddie X

My ghetto Eddie blockstring(off of knockdown): dog kick(lol), dash in, p(hold), kick(hold), release kick. Repeat from punch(hold) You can also use kick and slash then release kick and repeat. I think you can add slash(hold) After the kick(hold) in the string. Played tekken yesterday. I began to like it.