Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BearsWithKnives

ALOHA CORE!!! Hawaii's air-dashing scene.

When the first changes for Axl came out, I was thinking about dropping him and picking up someone else. But after looking at that change list. I might just stick to him.

You see any Axl play when you were watching? All I saw was May, Slayer, Faust, and then I stopped watching.

I watched the 2nd loketest stream over the weekend in it's entirety, more-or-less, lol.

Who would you have switched to if you weren't gonna use Axl?

Yes, I saw lots of stuff on both days.

Most of the time spent watching was waiting/hoping certain chars would be on the stream and for the players try stuff out.

Then you hoped they would be featured again soon, but other chars got played more often and there were quite a few runbacks, here and there.

Chars you play:

Axl - New gatlings are quite good. Axl Bomber no longer being an overhead in noticeable.

May - Can still do Dolphin Loop variants.

Venom - Pool ball bank shots bounce a lot. Ball projectiles are physical hits now.

Chars I play:

Dizzy - Has a full-screen Ice Spike and FB Spear for long-range combat stuffs, as well as a new Fish Summon.

ABA - Goku Moroha mode lasts for some time and is ridiculous, Moroha mode looks strong too.

Millia - Combo stuffs are a mix of #R, Slash, and AC that involve j.2H. Pin delay pickup is quite noticeable.

Highlights of the other chars:

Sol - Can do 'Dust Loop' combo again for a few reps, lol.

I-No - Double AD stuffs greatly improve her combo ability in the corner, like she doesn't even touch the ground at some points, lol. Quite strong.

Johnny - Combo potential is quite strong, especially with coin/MF stuffs.

Eddie - Still looks strong, especially with the addition of old shadow summon stuffs.

Potemkin - Still does good damage, especially with Pot Buster damage increase and followup combo in the corner as well as combos in Air Pot Buster.

Slayer - Still does good damage, lol.

Jam - Can still do stuff with 6H (does groundbounce) even without wallstick. If I was using her again, I'd probably be happy doing Kick Specials for combo stuff, lol.

Baiken - GC while running is cool. Combo potential is quite strong with Tatami at corner.

Testament - Delay EXE Beast stuffs are quite noticeable.

Anji - FB air grab is crazy. Ground combo stuffs with FB Rin are pretty strong.

Robo Ky - Overheat Mode gives access to some cool stuff like 2S launching on hit. 2H 'Hidden Missile' is pretty cool too.

Ky - His changes/additions seemed subtle to me, probably due to his gameplay style. Lightning Strike (222H) OTG FRC stuffs look pretty cool, as does L.Sphere > followup for wallstick into combo stuffs.

Order Sol - Didn't see too much of him but wallstick stuff with his charged 236P gives a nice combo opportunity.

Faust - Still solid. FB Door looks cool and adds to combo stuffs. New thrown items are pretty cool too.

Chipp - 'Find Me' can be stacked twice, lol.

Zappa - Sword Summon has full-screen range stuff and other summons have tweaks too.

Bridget - Has combo potential after Roger Punch > wallstick in corner. Boost to damage output.

Kliff - Old Man is quite strong.

Justice - No dashing limits her movement range. Speed Boost Install OD gives her dashes back for a short time but has recovery afterwards.

More importantly, did you watch the IWBTG:Gaiden stream?

Floe was subject to much trolling, lol.

The above vid was... interesting.

Seems alright.

Bears, how was your EVO weekend?

Did you watch GG stuffs?

EVO 2012 stuff:

- Floe's journey in IWBTG:Gaiden was crazy HYPE entertainment, lol.

- KOFXIII tournament and finals were HYPE.

- UMvC3 finals were quite HYPE.

- SF4 finals were quite entertaining with the variety of chars used.

- VF5 finals was pretty cool to watch.

- SC5 finals were interesting to watch.

Random stuff:

- Made a batch of Rice Krispies Treats.

- Played a bunch of Makoto mirror matches in SF4.

- Met someone (who plays SF4) that is interested in picking up GG and KOF.

Didn't like the stream, it kept lagging for me. So I didn't watch majority of it. Not even the Finals of anything. Didn't see any GG stuff, but saw about 15 minutes of MB. Left the house to explore, went to Winner'z Zone to play Fish Hunter. Turned $5 into $80. Fuck FGs already, the money is in shooting fish.

But I looked through every pool of SFIV and UMVC3 for the Hawaii guys here's who I found:

Hollasaurus Rex (SFIV/UMVC3)

xDude51x (SFIV)

HVGL JEFF (SFIV)

HVGL ???? (SFIV) forgot the name

Shigz (UMVC3)

Vaughn (SFIV/UMVC3)

Sid (SF4/UMVC3)

Evil? (UMVC3)

PDaddy808 (SFIV)

Dagger G (UMVC3)

Wang (UMVC3)

I think that's everyone.

I had two stream setups going and they worked fine for the most part anyway, lol.

EVO 2012 Grand Finals vids are up on the SRK front page as YT versions.

ST Finals were HYPE.

Floe streamed some IWBTG: Gaiden action last night.

It seems that the home version of the game has some tweaks here and there.

Floe's new journey continues to be entertaining.

Also, Batman called in via Skype to plug his movie that comes out this Friday.

I'm not really paying attention to the Olympics. There's no Kurling.

Food events, like Eat the Streets? Yeah I've been to them. Very crowded, but good food.

We can hype up curling when the next Winter Olympics take place, lol.

TV schedule for events is somewhat whack due to the timezone difference.

Some stuff comes on after midnight and goes on through to the early morning on some of the Summer Olympics coverage channels.

Fencing is pretty hype whenever someone gets a point.

I wanna check out some of these food event stuffs sometime.

The food truck stuffs interest me.

Spent some time in Hilo this past weekend.

I helped out to clear some trees and got rewarded with a good sized aku for dinner.

I have some pretty fun stories from the FG session that I'll probably tell you about later.

You still picking up P4A?

You check out any AC+R match stuffs yet?

I saw some Axl being played. Looks good.

Powered up 'Moroha Mode' stuff for ABA is pretty ridiculous.

Justice was :v:

UNiB stuffs look pretty interesting.

So...

How about that tsunami warning?

It took out all of the HI 2D fighting game players. Know anywhere to play BB, GG, or 3S? Any machines on island? I tried Brian's after a long hiatus and they trashed their 3S box (I guess it's easier to justify getting rid of something that came out on console without really thinking about why people come to play games in first place). Does HVGL have any action? The point is Kurokun, you're lonely. Bears is probably lonely too. Anyway, just curious if you'd like some addition to the scene. The poster from before starting the BB vs. GG topic is actually a pretty nice guy and dedicated to the cause (of playing GG that is, 3s too). Including the aforementioned, I know about four to six players of varying skill that ought to be willing to participate in whatever shenanigans one could think of. After the Halo 4 appeal wears off a few of them....

It took out all of the HI 2D fighting game players. Know anywhere to play BB, GG, or 3S? Any machines on island? I tried Brian's after a long hiatus and they trashed their 3S box (I guess it's easier to justify getting rid of something that came out on console without really thinking about why people come to play games in first place). Does HVGL have any action? The point is Kurokun, you're lonely. Bears is probably lonely too. Anyway, just curious if you'd like some addition to the scene. The poster from before starting the BB vs. GG topic is actually a pretty nice guy and dedicated to the cause (of playing GG that is, 3s too). Including the aforementioned, I know about four to six players of varying skill that ought to be willing to participate in whatever shenanigans one could think of. After the Halo 4 appeal wears off a few of them....

Do we know you?

Sent from the bathroom at work.

Additions to the scene are welcome, provided they put in the effort and actually want to play/learn.

Talk to Bears if you want to do GG sessions with him.

Dunno if HVGL has any action since it moved to a different location earlier this year, IIRC.

I'll probably check it out sometime the next time I'm on Oahu.

Do we know you?

Sent from the bathroom at work.

Probably not, but you two seem to be the only ones on this forum so I figured I'd have to start here.

Additions to the scene are welcome, provided they put in the effort and actually want to play/learn.

Talk to Bears if you want to do GG sessions with him.

Dunno if HVGL has any action since it moved to a different location earlier this year, IIRC.

I'll probably check it out sometime the next time I'm on Oahu.

So is that still a no to any machines being left on the island?