Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BearsWithKnives

ALOHA CORE!!! Hawaii's air-dashing scene.

TBH, I don't how arcade stuffs are doing over there on Oahu.

You'd probably have to check out the other arcades to see what's still available.

Anyway though, welcome to the thread.

If you have any questions about GG stuffs, just ask.

What FGs do you and the others play/are interested in?

Yep. Checked fun works and the bbcs2 is gone also. I noticed you live in Waipio, I live in Crestview/Seaview area.

Cool beans. It's funny, I used to live in Hilo about four years ago and pestered the tilt arcade there to bring over the 3s machine from oahu until they finally did, where of course no one played, and now I found myself here with no machines. I fill almost responsible... As for what games "we" play: Sf3s, GG, BB, every once in awhile MVC3. I've looked at p4u and KOF. And again, it's all over the place with who's good at what.

Is seaview the one in the middle of Olii Loop? Cause I'm about a block from that...

You previously lived in Hilo?

IIRC, I think I talked to you about some stuff before, probably back on whatever SRK 808 thread, lol.

There's someone in Hilo now that's in a somewhat similar situation, in regard to SF4 stuffs anyway.

You previously lived in Hilo?

IIRC, I think I talked to you about some stuff before, probably back on whatever SRK 808 thread, lol.

There's someone in Hilo now that's in a somewhat similar situation, in regard to SF4 stuffs anyway.

Maybe, that place was completely dead. After they finally got the 3s machine, people would come in and say "they got rid of soul caliber for this?" I ended up just learning tekken since there was nothing else. Someone told me they thought Ricky Ortiz (3s Evo, possibly sbo qualifier) lived out here before I first went to Hilo, but I've never run into anyone who would possibly know.

I remember someone posting up a petition of sorts in a SRK 808 thread, trying to get a 3S cab to the Tilt Arcade in Hilo.

I asked a friend of mine in Hilo about it sometime afterwards and he told me that no one really played it, save for one person that he saw one time.

TBH though, I don't know how SF stuff has fared in Hilo over the years, prior to SF4.

I remember when there was a GGXX cab (from HBB) that was at Tilt for a short while, I played it and most everyone else that I encountered didn't really take to it, save for one other person that actually knew how to play.

Anything that wasn't Tekken (or popular) is foreign, lol.

I'm being stationed in Hawaii next year woooo. Hows the ggac scene n shit?

That's cool to hear!

GG stuffs are kinda on hiatus right now, as it's main players are located on different islands.

With the release of AC+ on current gen consoles, there might be some folks out there that are interested in wanting to play/try out GGAC, but whether they actually will play is another story altogether.

You'll likely be on Oahu, so there's at least one person there who's down to play. There might be some others, as well.

I probably will have to fly out to Oahu to game with you when you're here though, lol.

But yeah, keep us posted.

If you have any questions about other stuff, just ask.

I'm being stationed in Hawaii next year woooo. Hows the ggac scene n shit?

what time frame will you be arriving? I'm game for some GG, and I personally know of a few others. Do you play anything else? I'd like to see and am trying to figure out how to get a scene revival going here. Looking into the HVGL for support this week.

Also to Bears, I tried to add you on PSN to maybe schedule some matches. Are you still on and can you confirm your ID as Bearswithknives?

mustardback, do you currently have sessions with your friends for FG stuffs? (GG, 3S, etc.)

Work on getting some sessions going to gauge interest, be it at someone's place or maybe even at HVGL.

Maybe it can develop into weekly sessions if enough people are motivated (and interested) in wanting to play/learn.

Hopefully you (and Bears) can get some offline stuffs going on, or something.

US PSN release of GGAC+ is next week (Dec. 4th), supposedly, so that should help out the PS3 peeps.

Maybe I'll have some comp over here sometime in the future, lol.

Though, I'd still likely fly out to Oahu for GG stuffs, like I've done in the past.

Dunno if Bears still has/uses a PS3 for FG stuffs.

He has a X360 though.

yeah, we play together somewhere on the order of one to three times a week, nothing set in stone though since we all have pretty weird military dictated schedules just usually when we can. I was gonna go down to HVGL this Friday to see what their set up is like and seeing as how they sponsored the game room at the last couple of kawaiikon i've been to, there's gotta be someone down there dickin' around on sf4 or mvc. know where the new location is by chance? gotta start somewhere....

yeah, we play together somewhere on the order of one to three times a week, nothing set in stone though since we all have pretty weird military dictated schedules just usually when we can. I was gonna go down to HVGL this Friday to see what their set up is like and seeing as how they sponsored the game room at the last couple of kawaiikon i've been to, there's gotta be someone down there dickin' around on sf4 or mvc. know where the new location is by chance? gotta start somewhere....

That someone used to be me. Lol. Never been to the new location yet.

lol

We'll probably find out more about Xrd gameplay stuffs in future vids.

+R and Xrd stuffs would likely make for some hype GG sessions.

You check out any E3 stuffs?

PS4 or XBone...

Choose your adventure.