Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BearsWithKnives

ALOHA CORE!!! Hawaii's air-dashing scene.

Really must be a small scene here.

Scene stuffs will depend on what game you play, who you play with, and where you are located.

So, yeah... YMMV.

What game(s) do you play?

If you have any questions, just ask.

Anyway though, welcome to the thread.

I actually just moved here from Kentucky! I don't have a place yet, been staying in hotel lodgings for about one or two months, but I'm on Oahu in Honolulu.

My main game is BlazBlue, but I also play P4A, Melty Blood, GG, KoF, AH3, and OMK. I'm guessing everyone's pretty spread out.

I actually just moved here from Kentucky! I don't have a place yet, been staying in hotel lodgings for about one or two months, but I'm on Oahu in Honolulu.

My main game is BlazBlue, but I also play P4A, Melty Blood, GG, KoF, AH3, and OMK. I'm guessing everyone's pretty spread out.

GG :yaaay:

Melty, AH3, and KoF is cool too!

I have a friend on Oahu who is likely down for GG stuffs, besides dabbling in a few other games.

I'll give him a call this weekend and let him know what's up.

As far as places to game, if you're interested and want to try your luck, there's HVGL: http://www.hvgl.org/Pages/default.aspx

Besides that, it's pretty much whoever wants to host a gaming session at their place, lol.

People are pretty spread out though, island(s)-wise.

I, myself, live on another island... and sometimes fly up to Oahu, every once in a long while, to game.

I'm probably just Facebook-inept, but I can't find them?

GG :yaaay:

Melty, AH3, and KoF is cool too!

I have a friend on Oahu who is likely down for GG stuffs, besides dabbling in a few other games.

I'll give him a call this weekend and let him know what's up.

As far as places to game, if you're interested and want to try your luck, there's HVGL: http://www.hvgl.org/Pages/default.aspx

Besides that, it's pretty much whoever wants to host a gaming session at their place, lol.

People are pretty spread out though, island(s)-wise.

I, myself, live on another island... and sometimes fly up to Oahu, every once in a long while, to game.

Cool! I'm looking at HVGL and it looks pretty neat, although I don't play any of the games they showcase. I'd like to see it though! Has there been any recent sessions?

Bears, I should call you up right now, lol.

In regard to HVGL stuffs... YMMV

If you happen to go there and meet someone who is down to game in something that you play, I guess that's a good day?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/HawaiiBlazblueCommunity/

This thread is dead as hell when it comes to people who actively play in Oahu, so go to that group instead if you want to find any competition.

Most people in their only play BB. I pretty much play whatever is out at the time.

HVGL doesn't cater to airdash players anymore, because they got butthurt that no one wanted to play on their laggy TVs.

Long story short, we all stopped going because of bad setups, they get mad and refuse to host airdash games at any convention in Hawaii / location.

This thread is dead as hell when it comes to people who actively play in Oahu, so go to that group instead if you want to find any competition.

Most people in their only play BB. I pretty much play whatever is out at the time.

HVGL doesn't cater to airdash players anymore, because they got butthurt that no one wanted to play on their laggy TVs.

Long story short, we all stopped going because of bad setups, they get mad and refuse to host airdash games at any convention in Hawaii / location.

Yo, that is hella fucked up. I'm not in Hawaii anymore and personally I don't really play airdashers too much. I'm a huge scrub and the only real game that I would like to play would be Guilty anyway. Good luck with all that stuff airdahsers. I might be home next year for a while so I'm looking out for communities to play.

True about the thread, true about airdashers at hvgl and laggy tvs. As of recently, I have been at hvgl's wtf wednesdays about every other week you can see me getting blown up in SF4 on stream. I never bring my ps2 stick because I don't expect to see any GG comp. But if you're out there, just reply to this thread, I have email notification enabled.

Thread still somewhat active apparently, though limited.

Whatever, though.

As for the HVGL scenario though... WTFLOL?

Somewhat surprising to hear about that stuff.

I'm kinda interested in hearing about how all of that went down, actually.

Pretty sad about what happened. Basically the setups weren't the best as far as TV's went. Even the capcom players back then knew they weren't that great, so they stopped showing up and began to hold their own casuals.

All of us told HVGL that the reason we don't play there anymore is because of those TVs. They refused to believe us when pretty much every player said the same thing.

The airdash players stopped going, and they decided to can all of their games leaning towards airdashers.

Kawaiikon rolls around, I inquire about any airdashers there, and I'm told "Because you guys don't show up, we refuse to bring them here."

We ask about bringing our own TV and games in, instead, to at least help garner interest for the game. Hell, an anime convention without any air dashers? Really? Obscure ones I can understand, but not even GG?

Given liability issues it's understandable they don't want to be held accountable, but they also decide to CHARGE EVERYONE FIVE BUCKS TO PLAY ON OUR SETUP WE BRING WHEN ENTERING THE GAME ROOM AND PLAYING ON EVERYTHING ELSE IS FREE.

Pretty sad about what happened. Basically the setups weren't the best as far as TV's went. Even the capcom players back then knew they weren't that great, so they stopped showing up and began to hold their own casuals.

All of us told HVGL that the reason we don't play there anymore is because of those TVs. They refused to believe us when pretty much every player said the same thing.

The airdash players stopped going, and they decided to can all of their games leaning towards airdashers.

Kawaiikon rolls around, I inquire about any airdashers there, and I'm told "Because you guys don't show up, we refuse to bring them here."

We ask about bringing our own TV and games in, instead, to at least help garner interest for the game. Hell, an anime convention without any air dashers? Really? Obscure ones I can understand, but not even GG?

Given liability issues it's understandable they don't want to be held accountable, but they also decide to CHARGE EVERYONE FIVE BUCKS TO PLAY ON OUR SETUP WE BRING WHEN ENTERING THE GAME ROOM AND PLAYING ON EVERYTHING ELSE IS FREE.

According to some players, the current set up they have now is the same as Evo. My set up is CRT tv through component cables. I noticed a very big difference when I first started showing up just from plink dashing. Inputs had to be spread apart slightly. I can only imagine what it's like to play +r with that setup.

Speaking of kawaii-con. Oni-con is going on right now. Did you check it out?

Sent from the bathroom at work.

Any Guilty Gear Xrd players out there?!  Currently, there is a small group of Xrd players (usually around 3-5 people) that gather at PC Gamerz in Aiea every Saturday night approximately at 10pm.  If anyone is interested in getting in some Xrd games, send me a PM!

Yo, Bears...

AC+R / Xrd session, sometime in the future.

Maybe the 3rd or 4th weekend in March?

Yeah?

Whatever else could probably also be played in that timeframe, as well.

Kurokun, I don't know if you remember me, but I remember you coming to Oahu to play at The Zones back in the Accent Core days for PS2. I was the Sol player that came and played some sets with you and got 2nd at the big tourney we had, D-Pad (Nate) won that tourney. We (you and I) and a number of GG players were active on SRK in the "HNL: 808 GGXX" thread a long time ago.

I'm back attending GG casuals again, so looking to find more players to come to our casuals, or I don't mind going to gatherings if people are willing to hold them and let me know when they are. Really hoping to start and grow a local Xrd scene here on Oahu.

Thanks guys!

Yeah, I remember you and D-Pad and the other stuffs.

How's things?

That's pretty cool that you and some other players have some sessions going on.

Hopefully other/new people post up in here or something to get some casual games in, on Oahu at least.

I know of one friend and his group that session somewhat over here, but I've yet to get some games in with them.

Recently, just been dominating the small Xrd scene here on Oahu lmao!  Sol is somewhat of a monster in Xrd, almost on original GGXX level, but not quite.  Definitely one of my favorite of versions of Sol.  We had a small 6-7 player round robin tournament when Xrd was released back in December, I won that event and made some quick $ hehe.  

If anyone out there wants to get in some Xrd, no be shame to PM me!

Hey guys! I have my own gatherings in town and was looking for Xrd players. Please respond to here or my email lukass64@gmail.com. I have 6 friends who play regularly together and we just want to find more players. We also play MVC2 if that might raise an eyebrow or 2.

I think Freddy might remember me, I'm Lucas.