Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolxBaiken

Last Blade 2 (PS4/Vita)

Got the game a couple of days ago. Online is stable if you play somebody from your region and the input latency is still good even with lag. However, in laggy connections the game will appear to slow down significantly.

Despite this, it's definitely not going to last online because Kouryu and EX Mode can be selected. If that's not enough, Zantetsu infinite and all the others + Moriya teleport glitch will finish the job.

No wonder why I couldn't play anyone. I always got like 250ms, I was playing in slow-mo all the time lol

Guess I'll stick to just playing my nearby friends. Playing SNK bosses is like... uh... yeah.

Finally played this with less than 50ms. And yes, game is fully enjoyable with that amount of ping.

Unfortunately it seems like the only way to play this is with people near you. >: Either that, or I always encountered people with crappy connections.

Yo I recently got this game, and while enjoying it, there like not a soul online and would like a sparring in the know about it, I'd really like to learn the nitty gritty but these older titles aren't as good with teaching such things, unfortunately in the UK so region delay but I have good internet but again only goes so far, I'd grateful for a patience sparring partner, also I main Amano, speed type.

On 5/27/2016 at 7:12 PM, Vulcan422 said:

Despite this, it's definitely not going to last online because Kouryu and EX Mode can be selected. If that's not enough, Zantetsu infinite and all the others + Moriya teleport glitch will finish the job.

Koryu has always been unlockable even im the arcade game. Its just most sensible player wont use him due to how brocken he is

ALso EX is tournament legal and in general are the weakest version of character due to very low health and slow meter build and lose majority of Pow mode perks. its weird hybride that make every character a glass cannon but due to over high dmage output in LB2 most don't bother with it because simply full punish can do 75%. Most SDM is one hit kill. Outside of Kagami, Yuki, Okina, and Kojiroh, no else benefits from it.

16 minutes ago, Keo-bas said:

Koryu has always been unlockable even in the arcade game. Its just most sensible player wont use him due to how broken he is.

Also EX is tournament legal and in general are the weakest version of character due to very low health and slow meter build and lose majority of Pow mode perks. Its a weird hybrid that make every character a glass cannon but due to over high damage output in LB2 most don't bother with it because simply full punish can do 75%. Most SDM is one hit kill. Outside of Kagami, Yuki, Okina, and Kojiroh, no else benefits from it.

1. No, Kouryu isn't select-able legitly period in the MVS/Arcade version (unless you're playing it by "other means" and using cheats or w/e to play as him, even in the MVS/Arcade version.)

2. I agree that EX mode isn't much to use proficiently, unless used in the right hands, of course.

15 minutes ago, NeoStrayCat said:

1. No, Kouryu isn't select-able legitly period in the MVS/Arcade version (unless you're playing it by "other means" and using cheats or w/e to play as him, even in the MVS/Arcade version.)

2. I agree that EX mode isn't much to use proficiently, unless used in the right hands, of course.

Okay I was mixxng up AES and MVS version.

2. Ex just too much trouble to make work so even in right hands your pay off is small. 

Dudes, been playing with mah Hibiki in Power Mode. Is Speed Mode better for her? Power has worked nice with me because her 236A is perfect for punishing and it takes some decent damage.

Hibiki is already an advance character to use and I personally feel Power should be left alone until you are fully comfortable with her.

Seeing how Hibiki does not get any exclusive moves from one type or the other it comes down to her BC and Ultimate; while it's always nice to have an Ultimate, Hibiki's requires strict range to get maximum benefit (need to be really close, and Hibiki works best at mid range) and Speed's BC overall has better utility than Power's BC. Also, due to the recovery on a lot of her moves it is nice to be able to chain with Speed so that you can get your opponent guessing more.

Also I would recommend 236+C over A whenever possible, since it gives you a knockdown.

in most cases I feel speed mode is always gonna be a better starter choice for players that are more use to fighters with galting combos and being more aggressive.

SNK game have always been strict with connecting combos and there tend to more patiences required, so people who are willing to wait things out and strike when needed benefit from power, ex is clearly for people who know what there doing due to the already mention low health and meter gain.

I have been reviewing tiers and such and I may of stuck myself in with a kinda hard character to learn, but Amano so cool, he's like the love child of Lupin the 3rd and Space Dandy! 

also wouldn't mind someone listing the games full mechanics and finer details on the system, that be nice because while I'm sure I got it all I feel like I'm missing something, could be the fact there at most 4 people on and I can't learn from real matches. lol

lol i tried Speed Hibiki but nope, couldn't get used to her. Power Hibiki was more for me (also most of her attacks, if blocked, do chip damage and she is in advantage most of the time).

236B, me rarely uses, except when I can confirm a B. Thing leaves you exposed if it whiffs or it's blocked. 

LB2 is very poke and mix up driven game, While at first Speed seem to be good pick, eventually when you get down to the technical aspect its not very strong. For starter Speed Pressure is generally weak due to 412 glitch that essentially cuts guard stun in half and lets you poke, relfect or jump out of most spreed pressure. Also Back dash is from what can tell is airborne first frame so player can reduce damage taken and not have to bother with speed mix up. Also unlike Pow mode, Speed mode nomals when block doesn't repel which leaves some  normal to be punishable on block.
B+C overhead on crouch opponent make them stagger but that stagger can be reduce just like GG series and only few character can make then to true combo. The main perk for using Speed is to have Lows that can be cancel, but this is slightly nullify by most low attack being low profiles by hops. Neo deadly rave is generally the main reason any person use speed. Only Moriya, Zan, Murakomo and and Kagami to some extent benefit from speed mode because they have strong mix up in general regardless of styles. 

Pow Mode Normal on block have chip which helps the poke aspect of LB2, damage is usually higher and meter generally builds faster. and while combo are tougher they less risky compare to Speed combo's. Pow. B+C unblockable effectiveness ranges from character but their generally better than speed mode Overhead  due to the fact you can manipulate its timing by holding the B+C to extended it. blocked 6B can be cancel into B+C for good set up.Pow mode also allow 6C to be command cancel which opens more pressure and compo potential,

Easy starter character are Setsuna and Hubiki. Both character have really strong spacing game and can poke safely than most.

Spoiler

Setsuna good at bully opponent sense his 5a, is pretty safe and can catch jumping opponents. he can keep people from wanting to jump around him wtih 623x series so air teching even on reset hit is usually never wise. Setsuna B normal are really strong due to the fact their two hitting normal, setsuna can bait some stuff by canceling the second hits into 236A/b which eats away health on block and pretty safe.  SetSuna has a strong High and Low game  with 3b and 214B. 3B is mostly safe but on hit let him stack an amour or play oki game, 214b lets him low profile several attack and does alot of chip damage on block. Even though he minus opponent have to be quick to punish trying to 412 on the last hit is surprisingly difficult.   While setsuna does have some laggy moves he can soften the blow by putting up amour. Setsuna also one of the character with the fasted Pow B+C. Setsuna can really abuse the infinite DM from red life as his DM does alot of chip damage, AUB, manipulate charge time, cover large arc, difficult to punish, and mildly risk amour set up if hit.

While Set suna is capable in each style. Pow usually better for him for more damage and better poking game. He uses Dm cancel heavily so losing that is bummer. He trades one of the best B=C for one of thr worst. his Speed B+C is slow  and doesn't do much for him on stagger or hit. 

Hibiki is bit more passive but can easily dictate match momentum with 5c which act both as pressure, AA,  Anti cross up, and spacing tool. Hibiki has command movement and dodge that lets her play the passive aggressive game really well. But she can harass the opponent if she space her 236 series and can disorient her opponent with dash cross up. While she seem technical, at basic form she still viable with just good spacing and pokes with occasional grabs to frighten opponents.  Her DM is solid combo ender and has some invincibility making it even decent reversal or whiff punish, she just can't afford to whiff it her self.(like most DM). Her SDM is command grab that hit infront and behind he and even on whiff its still has hit box that kd, in combination of her command movement it become a very strong tool. 

Similar to Set suna, Hibiki really thrives in Pow mode with better poke game. Speed Hibiki gets some impressive combo and one of the few who can combo into neo deadly rave reliable, But scaling really messes up the rewards, Speed gives her easy combo but she has to put in extra work to make up for the damage and by the time damage is comparable she'll be feeding the opponent meter to work with.