Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zettaishinkuu

[Xrd] Newcomer at fighting games

Hello everyone,

First of all I do apologize if i'm at the wrong section of the forum and I do also apologize for my bad English (It is not my first language).

I am new at Guilty Gear and Fighting games in general, I do have some knowledge cause i've done a lot of research. I konw some concepts (Like whats is a frame data and how to use it, What is an Oki, Mix up, cross up and other things). For info my character ATM is Sol Badguy.

My main problem today as a newcomer is what to focus on first. What should I spend my time training at first ? I do not believe that only spending my time in the training room doing Dloop combos is going to help me to improve at fighting games. ATM i'm training like for 1 hour on Oki then switching on Corner combo then on normals and I think that it is a pretty messy way to learn something.

I'm not going to ask you “What should I do” But i'm going to show you a plan on what I think is important to work on at first with the poor knowledge of fighting games that I have. And I would appreciate you to tell me if you think that it is good plan or not, why and what should I do. “You should work Y before X because Blablabla” for example.

By the way : I've watched a lot of videos (Guilty Crash Course, Airdashers Academy & Ultra chen Mostly also some of VR Raiden's) but if you have others videos well crafted for beginners I would be happy to see them.

So here is my plan :

• Phase 1 : Work on Mouvments and normals. Knowing how to move correctly while still being safe. And what normal is good in wich situations (Anti Air, zoning etc . . .)

Work on some Bnb's (5k > 2D > BR for example)

And understanding my character basic gameplan

• Phase 2 : Okizeme (Guilty Gear looks like heavly focused on it),

Mix ups in corner,

Corner combos.

• Phase 3 : Focusing on bigger combo (Dloop in sol case . . . I have a lot with the falling j.D but i've read that it's because I am not doing as soon as possible the first j.D)

Know the match up and character specifics (Wake ups, combos Char Specs).

Once again I just want to know if it's a good plan to start learning and why. I have around 40 Hours on the game and I know that it's still normal that I suck at it. My goal is not to get good fast, but using my time correctly while training on the game.

Thank you a lot for your help !

TL;DR I play Sol Badguy, Is my plan in a good order to star training for a newcomer on Fighting games ? Thank you a lot !

Sol's as good a character as any so there's no problem there. I'd suggest you get some practice playing against the computer on the hardest difficulty to practice hit confirms and play some online matches against people so you can learn character matchups. You can also observe other Sols to see if they have any tricks and tactics you'd like to use for yourself. And remember that you'll also have to learn defense so seeing what other people throw at you and how to guard against it.

If you don't mind some lag you can hit me up for some games my psn's the same as my username here. Unless you're on PC then nevermind.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.
Is it really a good thing to train VS Computer ? I admit i've used it but only to train specifics things as normals (only using them during a match to know them better etc . . .)

Concerning the online matches i've done quit a bit. But i'm still very bad at Oki and i play too safely (as if I was in a SF). As we all know Guilty is much more and aggressiv game. 

I do watch a lot of sol's players (VR Raiden, Mugen, To-ru adn other japanese player) but i think that I don't master enought fundamentals to understand all their games.

It will be a pleasure to have some one to train with. I do play on PS (3). Are you in EU ? NA ? I must also tell you that I have the EU version of the game (yeah I know about the patch problem . . . Won't do the same with revelator). 

19 minutes ago, Zettaishinkuu said:

I must also tell you that I have the EU version of the game (yeah I know about the patch problem . . . Won't do the same with revelator). 

It's probably worth mentioning that the company doing the EU release of Revelator (PQube) is actually going to keep it up to date with the rest of the world, unlike with Sign (which was done by a different company who never localised any of the updates). PQube also handled the EU version of BBCPEX and they're doing a good job with them so far, so I would say its safe to buy EU for Revelator.

27 minutes ago, Zettaishinkuu said:

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.
Is it really a good thing to train VS Computer ? I admit i've used it but only to train specifics things as normals (only using them during a match to know them better etc . . .)

Concerning the online matches i've done quit a bit. But i'm still very bad at Oki and i play too safely (as if I was in a SF). As we all know Guilty is much more and aggressiv game. 

I do watch a lot of sol's players (VR Raiden, Mugen, To-ru adn other japanese player) but i think that I don't master enought fundamentals to understand all their games.

It will be a pleasure to have some one to train with. I do play on PS (3). Are you in EU ? NA ? I must also tell you that I have the EU version of the game (yeah I know about the patch problem . . . Won't do the same with revelator). 

I'm North America. I dunno about the patch problem. If you need to you can hit me up when relevator comes out in a couple of months. The computer's only really good to train against to get a handle of getting a handle of combo practice against something that doesn't stand still. Hit confirming.

4 hours ago, MLSTRM said:

It's probably worth mentioning that the company doing the EU release of Revelator (PQube) is actually going to keep it up to date with the rest of the world, unlike with Sign (which was done by a different company who never localised any of the updates). PQube also handled the EU version of BBCPEX and they're doing a good job with them so far, so I would say its safe to buy EU for Revelator.

Oh Really ? Yes I played a bit of Blazblue (CT and BBCS; EX) and it was really good for the patches. Well I'll see but if the JPN version has english menu's as for SIGN i think i'll pre-order a JPN version or even US one.

3 hours ago, Yakifufu said:

I'm North America. I dunno about the patch problem. If you need to you can hit me up when relevator comes out in a couple of months. The computer's only really good to train against to get a handle of getting a handle of combo practice against something that doesn't stand still. Hit confirming.

Ok i'll Catch you on Revelator. Eu Version of Sign isn't on a good version (it is still in 1.0) so I can't play with people you are not at version 1.0 (The rest of the world is 1.1 if I do remember). 

Ok so you'r telling me that Hit confirming is a must need skill for a beginner. that's seems pretty legit. Well im gonna focus on it back at home.  . Must go to work now.

If some one else advices about in what skills i should focus on practicing on as a beginner i'll be happy to know them. Thank's a lot.