Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ylyon

Help with Sword combos

Hello guys, I'm currently training with Ramlethal and for me the execution barrier is pretty high, but I feel I'm improving :) the thing that still gives me lots of trouble is executing wall combos where Ram pulls out her swords mid-combo. I always seem to miss the correct timing. Is there any visual clue that I should look at? Or the frame window is just very tight and easy to miss? 

For example: [wall splat] 5s, 5hs, 6s, dash, 5s, 6hs, dash, kk4k

It is extremely difficult for me to land the inputs after the dashes... I just get the "grey" combo or miss completely.

If you have any piece of advice... :( I've already watched tons of videos and I've also played online against other Ramlethal players that pulled that out consistently...

After wall stick, let them slide a bit before c.S 5H and slightly delay dash up c.S after setting 6S. Its also going to depend on the height of the wall stick. There are some tricks for adjusting height such as c.S delay 5H if they're too high, c.S 6S if they're really low or c.S f.S if they're somewhere in between those.

After wall stick, let them slide a bit before c.S 5H and slightly delay dash up c.S after setting 6S. Its also going to depend on the height of the wall stick. There are some tricks for adjusting height such as c.S delay 5H if they're too high, c.S 6S if they're really low or c.S f.S if they're somewhere in between those.

Ah, so that matters, too? Thanks! :)

I think I understood my mistake: In order to practice, I used to do just PPK or KKK to get a wall splat and then tried the combo from that point. Apparently this does not work (??). If I try the combo after daruo-PPP, I manage to do it... 

So, after KKK or PPK [wall splat] which combo do you suggest? 

You can do the same stuff after KKK wallsplat, in fact it's usually the optimal route, it's just that it's a little harder to hit them at the right height.

When you're not feeling too confident or get a weird confirm into corner carry, just go for the less damaging PPP into sword summons to set your initial play. That's way more important than getting slightly better damage.

After corner knockdown into sword sets, when you can use 2S and 2H to cover you and give you an easy hitconfirms, you can try going for the better routes. Try this for example:

2D ender > (j.)2H > 66 j.2S (this was the setup) high/low mixup > 2S hits > dash 5H > j.8D > dash KKK. 2S launches them really high up, allowing you to go for a more comfortably high j.8D which gives a lot of breathing room to hit them at the correct height with KKK.

After you get more comfortable with that, you can start exploring when you can go for KKK without dropping the rest of the combo afterwards even without the help of swords. With practice, you'll be able to judge whether there's enough time to go for it or not.

18 hours ago, Putin said:

You can do the same stuff after KKK wallsplat, in fact it's usually the optimal route, it's just that it's a little harder to hit them at the right height.

When you're not feeling too confident or get a weird confirm into corner carry, just go for the less damaging PPP into sword summons to set your initial play. That's way more important than getting slightly better damage.

After corner knockdown into sword sets, when you can use 2S and 2H to cover you and give you an easy hitconfirms, you can try going for the better routes. Try this for example:

2D ender > (j.)2H > 66 j.2S (this was the setup) high/low mixup > 2S hits > dash 5H > j.8D > dash KKK. 2S launches them really high up, allowing you to go for a more comfortably high j.8D which gives a lot of breathing room to hit them at the correct height with KKK.

After you get more comfortable with that, you can start exploring when you can go for KKK without dropping the rest of the combo afterwards even without the help of swords. With practice, you'll be able to judge whether there's enough time to go for it or not.

Thanks a lot :) this helps a lot. I don't have issues with midscreen combos but Ram's corner combos give me a real headache... I will practice according to your suggestions :) can I practice it against any character or it depends on weight class?

Edit: How do I set the sword? I mean, after KKK... I don't seem to get it :( the opponent gets a wall splat, then? 5S 5H? 

On 5/5/2016 at 4:00 PM, Ylyon said:

Thanks a lot :) this helps a lot. I don't have issues with midscreen combos but Ram's corner combos give me a real headache... I will practice according to your suggestions :) can I practice it against any character or it depends on weight class?

Edit: How do I set the sword? I mean, after KKK... I don't seem to get it :( the opponent gets a wall splat, then? 5S 5H? 

Combo > KKK (splat) > you dash up and do cSfS6S/H then dash up cS6H/S.

If the wallsplat is high enough you can get more damage from doing cShS instead, if the wallsplat is pretty low you can do IAD jKj6S/H or you can do cS / fS into 6S/H. If you watch some Ram footage you should understand what you do after either PPP or KKK.