Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suzaku

BlazBlue Setting Material Collection Information

He sees his enemy as less than human. It makes sense, he's fighting a war. The NOL has to be destroyed, and if that means carving a path of violence into its core then so be it - he considers it justified.

What he's doing isn't right to anyone but himself, though, even if we as onlookers can see all of the information and agree with his overall decision, if not his methods.

And no, I don't think Ragna knows he's the Black Beast (as of Calamity Trigger), since he has to fuse with Nu to become it. I have no proof other than that logic, though.

Lol, I dont think Jubei would let Ragna walk around with that thing w/o telling the truth about it

Lol, I dont think Jubei would let Ragna walk around with that thing w/o telling the truth about it

unless Ragna would go mad from revelation, and you know you want the last hope (or whatever) to go into a wangst coma, while the big bad is destroying everything

Well, he asks Hazama if he's trying to resurrect to Black Beast so I don't think he knows. That doesn't really tie together with whether or not he knows but I'm just throwing it out there. Does Jubei even know that Ragna has the potential to be the Black Beast? I have a a feeling that this was talked about before, but I don't remember where... either here or the storyline thread.

Bump with new CS Story Mode info:

Torakaka (CV: Kaori Yagi)

A warrior of the Kaka Clan, she's like a big sister to Taokaka.

It seems that she'll be meeting with Jubei and Rachel's butler.

Platinum the Trinity (CV: Aoi Yuuki)

A young girl with two personalities who owns the Nox Nyctores: Muchourin.

She seems hostile towards Ragna.

Bump with new CS Story Mode info:

Torakaka (CV: Kaori Yagi)

A warrior of the Kaka Clan, she's like a big sister to Taokaka.

It seems that she'll be meeting with Jubei and Rachel's butler.

Isn't Muchourin that Bell, which is/was owned by The Sixth hero?

Nice, more characters for the sequel :)

Edit: Found the picture

1abe1c17.jpg

Hood, Bell...It seems she is the sixth hero

^ Well, you never know, she could be related to Jubei.

I wouldn't bet money on her being the Sixth hero, but it's very likely in my opinion.

Hostility to Ragna... would probably be explained by her being the sixth hero I imagine... and it's good that they finally announced new characters. And I find it HILARIOUS to know that Rachel will finally be able to meet her Vampire counter-part now. I just hope her duel personality doesn't make her crazy, we're like at max capacity in the crazy department :v:

So are these story mode characters just NPCs, or are they supposed to be playable somehow?

Wow!!!!!, this cleared SSSSSOOOOO!!!!! many things up for me!, thank you! You definitely deserve a cookie for this, Chocolate Chip interest you? :kitty: (Heh!, no seriously thanks alot.)

Hostility to Ragna... would probably be explained by her being the sixth hero I imagine... and it's good that they finally announced new characters. And I find it HILARIOUS to know that Rachel will finally be able to meet her Vampire counter-part now. I just hope her duel personality doesn't make her crazy, we're like at max capacity in the crazy department :v:

Wait....what vampire counter-part?

I know we've known that, I'm just trying to think of any significance it might have. Probably none though, it's just the 12th Greek letter.

Sorry about quoting such an old post, but "Mu" is also a Buddhist idea which is basically a response to a question that says "no answer; void, nothing".

I wonder how's the progress to translate/summarize some info i the Material Collection? Is it dead? I was looking at the material collection with my poor Japanese and a couple of things surprised me. Could someone good at Japanese confirm my understanding?

From the little notes below character relationship:

- Carl: that he finished Nirvana himself after his dad left the machine half done. Also, it's said in Carl's snippet that BlazBlue is the strongest grimoire. Where is it said again that BlazBlue is the weakest?

- Saya: that her aptitude with armagus was abnormally high (?), which was why the Sister hid her in a place low in Seiter

- Sister: she's protecting the bones of the black beast (I wonder if this is the black obsidian mentioned in Rachel's story)

- Tsubaki: that she secretly fell in love with Jin in the academy. It seems that she cannot express it since it's against her family belief of noble blood (?).

- Hakumen: that he and Jin cannot exist in the same space (?). Thinking about it, Jin and Hakumen never meet in the story, don't they?

Also, can anyone help with Rachel's story? Rachel story is rather interesting in that Ragna himself unsealed the remnants of the Black Beast and got his arm replacement then. Rachel was merely watching. If so, then what magic was Rachel doing at the beginning? It says that there's a blue glow. Is that the BlazBlue? If so why didn't Ragna get arm replacement then? In short, I am totally confused with this story.

Also, I feel that Hakumen's story is so weird. It's as if the Jin in Hakumen was observing Hakumen speaking or sth, as if he's high or sth. What happened actually? Is the story about how Jin first woke up inside Susano unit? Again, my japanese is poor so please correct/confirm me.

BTW, I hope it's ok to bump a month-old topic X(. I looked at the posting rules and they didn't say much about bumping old topics.

^P-kun

Here's part of Haku's story......

It's in BLACK BEAST AKA Ragna's POV...........................

....i did it quite a while ago.....

Its pitch black

I don’t understand, but

All I could see is black.

Low, very low, I could hear a growl.

Like the ground rumbling, low, a very deep voice.

When I came to, the voice has stopped.

It’s so quiet it almost hurt my ears.

Utter silence.

Is there sound or isn’t there sound

Maybe my ears are broken

I don’t understand.

Am I standing or am I sitting

Or maybe I’m even floating.

When I try to open my eyes, my eyelids feel heavy.

Somehow they opened

Surrounding me, that, everything seems to be covered in a blue haze,

I can’t feel anything but light is forcing itself into my eyes.

Still, it’s like a fantasy inside a dream…….

For the first time,

I realized -----my own existence.

Am I alive?

Ah, I am alive……

Do I have a heart or not I don’t understand but,

I feel I’m alive.

Because, I can feel the beating...............

i didn't finish cus i was on the brink of bursting out in tears.(gah what a fangirl LOL)

(it's bout midway. (actually, 1/3..........))

I guess i'll try to finish now since........i posted it )

gave me a few more days i should be able to finish?

Carl: that he finished Nirvana himself after his dad left the machine half done. Also, it's said in Carl's snippet that BlazBlue is the strongest grimoire. Where is it said again that BlazBlue is the weakest?

- Hakumen: that he and Jin cannot exist in the same space (?). Thinking about it, Jin and Hakumen never meet in the story, don't they?

Why did Relius leave Nirvana half-done? Was he in a rush for something? I can only imagine how gruesome a half-done Nirvana must have been. Sucks to be Carl, having to clean up the mess of his sisters' corpse and make sure it all fits into a marionette so he can have a slim chance at bringing her life back. :gonk: I still hope this all gets better for them in CS story mode.

As for Hakumen, how were he and Jin able to meet in Hakumen's 8th arcade match in CS if they can't meet in the same space?

is the material collection posted online? I'd like to take a look at it if possible

Most of us bought our own... I think it is Posted but never looked.

I know the picture pages are at least floating around but not sure of the text pages.

And suzaku got most of it translated already.

Most of us bought our own... I think it is Posted but never looked.

I know the picture pages are at least floating around but not sure of the text pages.

And suzaku got most of it translated already.

ah ok. My local bookstore NEVER has it in stock. =(

^P-kun

It's in BLACK BEAST AKA Ragna's POV...........................

Oh, suddenly everything becomes clear :yaaay:. Thanks!

is the material collection posted online? I'd like to take a look at it if possible

Nihonomaru forum has it.

Why did Relius leave Nirvana half-done? Was he in a rush for something? I can only imagine how gruesome a half-done Nirvana must have been. Sucks to be Carl, having to clean up the mess of his sisters' corpse and make sure it all fits into a marionette so he can have a slim chance at bringing her life back. :gonk: I still hope this all gets better for them in CS story mode.

As for Hakumen, how were he and Jin able to meet in Hakumen's 8th arcade match in CS if they can't meet in the same space?

Relius disappeared before Nirvana was done. As for Ada, the only thing that Carl saw was when she was "absorbed" into Nirvana. It's not clear how gruesome it was. On the one side, Relius is obsessed with making the perfect doll. On other note, the book says that Tager's mechanic is similar to Nirvana. So it's not clear too if Relius "killed" Ada or if he merely tried to revive her.

Hakumen and Jin: yep, you're right. They met and talked in CS. Now I'm even more confused. Retcon? Or maybe I'm just totally mis-translating the paragraph. The book does say "Because Hakumen and Jin are the same, they cannot exist in the same space." Maybe they can meet because Hakumen is technically 80% still in boundary?

Relius disappeared before Nirvana was done. As for Ada, the only thing that Carl saw was when she was "absorbed" into Nirvana. It's not clear how gruesome it was. On the one side, Relius is obsessed with making the perfect doll. On other note, the book says that Tager's mechanic is similar to Nirvana. So it's not clear too if Relius "killed" Ada or if he merely tried to revive her.

So, if Relius didn't kill Ada, then how would she have died naturally? She was only around 20 years old or so. And if he was such a perfectionist in his work, then why would he disappear before he finished his work on Nirvana?