Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suzaku

BlazBlue Setting Material Collection Information

Also, it's nice to know that Terumi and Valk are the six heroes definitely instead of just speculating.

Yep.

Those are the two things in particular that made me squeee with delight when I read that. :D

With all the things we knew before this source came out we should have figured out Terumi and Valkenhayn were 2 of the 6 Heroes or at least could have agreed that they were. Everyone pretty much agreed that Terumi has the Ouroboros seal at the end of the True End. And looking at one of the pieces of art from Hakumen's Arcade you can see one of the "Unknown" 6 Heroes is dual wielding swords (that isn't Jubei) and he happens to have the same hairstyle as Hazama when he reveals himself to be Terumi. So all that makes sense. Then because of the way Valkenhayn acts in the Story you can figure he had some importance in the past. And now that we know full well he was it makes sense again to look at Hakumens arcade Art and one of the other "Unknown" 6 heroes has a goatee and long hair in a ponytail, just like Valkenhayn. So we still have 1 Hero unaccounted for. The Bell person.

Lots of TIME PARADOX. That's just how it is.

What confuses me is if Ragna & Nu didn't become the Black Beast, then there wouldn't have been a war, then there wouldn't have been the Six Heroes, then no one would have learned how to use Ars Magus... from there my mind just stops.

I guess parallel existences can be used to account for this too though....

In the timeline where the loop was broken, Ragna and Nu from the previous loop already became the Black Beast, Jin from the previous loop already became Hakumen, the Dark War happened, etc..

All the "Seal of Fate" being broken means is that another time loop isn't going to be iterated and time will continue to flow beyond the loop trigger. It won't change history.

Loop -> Dark War -> Ikaruga Civil War -> BlazBlue -> Loop

Repeat hundreds of times, until the laws of probability result in:

Loop -> Dark War -> Ikargua Civil War -> True Ending -> New events

I think that Rachel is Nine, Since they both use magic, and they both knew everything. Rachel May have wanted Terumi to assume she was dead as Nine. so she could watch over him with minimal trouble.

I think that Rachel is Nine, Since they both use magic, and they both knew everything. Rachel May have wanted Terumi to assume she was dead as Nine. so she could watch over him with minimal trouble.

That seems like too much of a stretch to me personally. One of Hakumen's story illustrations has Nine looking kinda tall by comparison to Rachel. And Witch and Vampire are completely different. Also that would just be weird thinking Rachel + Jubei = Kokonoe.......

Ragna the Bloodedge: Spent time in his youth with Jin and Saya in a church, watched over by Nine's younger sister. She was killed by Terumi in 2192, during the attack in which Ragna lost his arm and Saya was kidnapped. Ragna was originally blond with green eyes like Jin, but the trauma of the event turned his hair white. Ragna's weapon is named "Blood Scythe".

Jin Kisaragi: During the attack on the church he changed and joined Terumi. The reasons for this behavior and the circumstances surrounding his adoption by the Kisaragi family are unclear. His Nox Nyctores is named "Ice Sword: Yukianesa".

Noel Vermilion: She was created on December 25, 2194, by Sector Seven as "dimensional boundary contact medium No. 12". Though she was originally fated to die, distortions caused by each iteration of the time loop resulted in the probability of her survival eventually increasing. She was adopted by the Vermilion Family, and her parents are named Edgar and Claire, and noble family that lives out on the frontier. Her Nox Nyctores is named "Demon Beasts: Bolverkr", which she calls "Demon Guns" (pronounced the same in Japanese).

Rachel Alucard: Exists outside of the time loop, and has watched it for several iterations, so she is familiar with everyone. As an heir to the Alucard family, it is her duty to keep an eye on Terumi. She owns one of the Sankishin, the Tsukuyomi Unit, and also installed the dying Jin in another of the Sankishin, the Susanoo Unit.

Carl Clover: He is pursuing his father, Relius Clover, who's behind the current state of his sister. He has an aunt and uncle, though they aren't named. His Nox Nyctores is named "God Machine: Nirvana", and is an automaton incorporating elements of Ada Clover's body.

Hakumen: The name of his Nox Nyctores is "Evil Slayer: Ookami".

Nu: An Anti-Sankishiden unit created to contact the Boundary. The 10th Nox Nyctores, "Sacred Light: Murakumo", is a sword that transforms into armor, and is actually part of her body.

Valkenhayn: One of the Six Heroes. He's keeping track of Terumi along with Rachel, and is an exceptionally strong fighter.

Ada Clover: Carl's older sister, who was incorporated into the Nox Nyctores automaton, Nirvana, known as an Organic Unit, by her father Relius Clover.

The Black Beast: Something "pitch black" caused by the fusion of Ragna and Nu in the Cauldron, which was thrown back in time along with Jin and caused the First War of Magic. Ragna is its body, and Nu is its heart. It's corpse was laid to rest beneath the church with Nine's younger sister as its guardian.

Kokonoe: The daughter of Nine and Jubei. Her mother and aunt were both killed by Terumi, and she wishes to erase Terumi from existance. She hates Hakumen, but cooperates with him because she needs the Susanoo Unit to defeat Terumi and can't figure out how to seperate him from it.

Saya: The younger sister of Ragna and Jin. Her body was frail and she was bullied by Jin, who tried to kill her out of his jealousy for the relationship she and Ragna shared. It's not entirely clear if she's dead or alive, but she was kidnapped by Terumi. She is the origin for both Noel and Nu.

Jubei: One of the Six Heroes. He was the first of the group to meet Hakumen and has known him longer than any of the other Heroes, but it's unclear if he knows his true identity. His Nox Nyctores is "Dream Sword: Musashi".

Nine: A genuine witch and presumably the magician that began teaching humanity about Ars Magus. She was murdered by Terumi because she "knew everything".

Sister: The younger sister of Nine, aunt of Kokonoe, who lived with Ragna, Jin, and Saya in the church while watching over the corpse of the Black Beast. She was killed by Terumi. (Note: She's called "Sister" (シスター, Shisutaa), which may simply refer to either her being Nine's sister, or possibly a nun.)

Hazama: A Captain in the NOL's Intelligence Division who issues orders to Noel and company. He is actually possessed and controled by Terumi.

Yuuki Terumi: One of the Six Heroes, he is actually a ghost of sorts, currently possessing Hazama. He's a mysterious schemer, and murdered Nine and her younger sister. His Nox Nyctores is named "Dual Snakes: Ouroboros".

Relius Clover: Carl's father and a genius alchemist known as the "Puppeteer". He created Nu's body, and was also responsible for incorporating Ada into Nirvana. He's mysteriously disappeared.

So, Ragna carries this 'Blood Scythe'... it has something to do with the Black Beast?

Does this book mentions about the fake Azure? Did Terumi gave it to Ragna (he mentions if his 'fake' arm was helpful during true ending scenario)?

Regarding the Black Beast, It still unclear to me, after having watched several story mode endings:

Tager: after fighting Arakune, the Black Beast emerges from underground;

Ragna: after fighting 'himself', loses control of himself and turns into the Black Beast;

Carl: after 'Strange Space', Nu & Ragna fuses, and the black beast emerges;

These events shows the Black Beast during the present, correct?

At that moment, were the characters drawn to the Boundary along with the Fusion and therefore were destroyed by the black beast in the past? Or the black beast warps the present before going to the 'past' via the boundary?

Regarding the Six Heroes, Valkenhayn were the 'bell carrier'?

Terumi was always a ghost or did he turned into a ghost after the Dark War?

I concluded that Terumi possessed Jin during the church attack (his trademark 'smile is show during the beginning of Ragna's story mode), but not against Jin's will, Jin wished for Saya's death to stay with his brother.

The true ending results in everyone breaking free from the time loop, so Ragna and Nu never become the Black Beast and don't get warped back in time and Jin doesn't become Hakumen.

Suzaku, it is still unclear to me, after compiling all pieces of information, if Hakumen was killed by Ragna during True Ending Scenario.

I'm guessing Houyoku is Tsubakis weapon, coz its the only one there with feathers :P

We may consider it to be Bang's, since he carries a Nox Nyctores as well (as stated by Rachel during her story mode). In one of his moves he yells something like 'Phoenix' in the air, I can't say for sure.

Are there more than 10 Nox in existence, or the book mentions that only 10 nox are known up 'till the current timeline?

I disagree, Nine was killed by Terumi as it is stated on the book (thank you for translating Suzaku). I concluded that Nine & Jubei knew about the time loops, Hakumen (Jin) may have hinted something for them (even Valkenhayn, if he exists out of the loop along with Rachel). I also believe when Jin was sent back through time via the Boundary, he retained his original memories (received from Yukianesa) for a while after wearing the Susanoo Unit.

Time passed and his memory strained, he remember only fragments of his past (as shown in his story mode during one path). Hakumen only knew that Ragna is 'the source of all evil'. I believe Jin/Hakumen always loved Ragna, in spite of being selfish in the past.

Isn't it strange that Nine and her sister babied the three siblings during their childhood just by coincidence? When Nine and her sister were killed (it means the original plan failed), Jubei arised (as contingence) to be Ragna's mentor (Rachel was a part of the equation, she had to bit him in every loop) in order to prevent the Calamity Trigger to happen again, so Ragna could carry on by his own strength.

I think their conversation (Jubei & Ragna's) during True Ending confirms this assumption.

One more thing is that Terumi did want to break the loop, at least I felt like his intentions could lead to that. But only in a sequel we will know his true motives.

I'll edit more this post as soon I have the time.

Regards!

Since Terumi has the Ouroborus (sp?) aka Twin Snakes, if he ever becomes playable he'll probably have a health drain or poison effect on his drive moves

Ouroboros, despite being about snakes, doesn't really have to do with poison, more to do with the cyclical nature of things. It may have something to do with the time loops, although it's difficult to imagine how something like that can be built into a fighting game.

Ouroboros, despite being about snakes, doesn't really have to do with poison, more to do with the cyclical nature of things. It may have something to do with the time loops, although it's difficult to imagine how something like that can be built into a fighting game.

Easy. His drive loops time back to when the round started. :psyduck:

Gotcha. I was just assuming that it maybe something like that since he was most likely the hero who was duel weilding in the picture of the 6 Heroes and since one of the new Seals seems to be his.

Wishful thinking I guess.

Very interesting story nonetheless.

Is what happens at the end of everyone's personal stories canon? To me it seems like the ends of those stories is what happens during the time loop. And then the true end is the story for the next blaz blue. My main question is what happened to bang at the end of his story? I was confused as to whether or not he died.

Yes, every story path (and arcade mode path) happens. They each represent iterations of the time loop with various changes due to the laws of probability. The true ending is the iteration in which the time loop is broken (as such, that's the one which is relevant to sequels).

My main question is what happened to bang at the end of his story? I was confused as to whether or not he died.

I'm thinking something like they think he's dead but he comes back as MANLY as ever and the Kaka are all like :D and while looking for Litchi he bumps into Kokonoe and she's all "Daaaaayuuummm! I want me some of that!" and she goes WTF on Litchi for obsessing over a hopeless blob instead of "that perfect male specimen." Bang reminds Litchi that she promised to have a drink with him and she's just :blue: but later she finds out he's the one that saved Ikaruga and then hot sex.

Sounds like you've been drinking a bit too much 'Jin'(kr). =P

Gin or Jin Kisaragi? XD

Out of curiosity do you think the form of the Muchourin be actually a bell?

If so I think Valkenheyn fits the bill, well he is a butler and bells are for masters to use to summon their butler....wait did that just make sense or I'm confusing myself? :psyduck:

I just have to say that if the information on this thread is true and Hakumen is only operating at 20% of his original strength, wouldn't that mean Hakumen is potentially the strongest of the Six Heroes? Sure, Terumi is an unknown, and Hakumen can't use any form of magic from what I see, but whenever Ragna came knocking on Hakumen's door he always got his *** handed to him with little effort on Hakumen's part even though Hakumen is lacking his potential strength. That coupled with the fact that his Susano'o unit is one of the Three Sacred Treasures and he even wields a Nox Nctores on top of that, I would have to say that I'm now an even bigger fan of Hakumen.

Very interesting read... so Ragna isn't the reincarnation of the black beast which is what I thought was going on but the future body for the black beast...in the past... There is one thing that still confuses me. Hakumen's win quote against Rachel mentions something about a person named Icarus and "dolls" as if rachel isn't really who she appears to be, but I guess that it will be addressed in BB2.

Hakumen was the leader of the Six Heroes. He might not be the strongest -- Jubei is called the strongest creature in the world, after all, but he's definitely up there. Him being at 20% is probably just what puts him in "playable character" category.

Very interesting read...

so Ragna isn't the reincarnation of the black beast which is what I thought was going on but the future body for the black beast...in the past...

There is one thing that still confuses me. Hakumen's win quote against Rachel mentions something about a person named Icarus and "dolls" as if rachel isn't really who she appears to be, but I guess that it will be addressed in BB2.

Icarus is the kid in the myth that flew using wax wings and arrogantly flew too close to the sun, melting the wings, and falling to his death.

I wouldn't interpret that as literally referring to a character named Icarus.

Hakumen could possibly be the strongest if he used his full potential, but that's not really something that's up to him. So Jubei wins. JUUUBBEEEEIII! xD

Hakumen was the leader of the Six Heroes. He might not be the strongest -- Jubei is called the strongest creature in the world, after all, but he's definitely up there. Him being at 20% is probably just what puts him in "playable character" category.

They may say that because they don't know that Hakumen is still alive. When all the six heroes were there we don't know if Jubei was still called that.

Tager says in story mode that Jubei is rumoured to be able to take on an entire division.... So Jubei's power is only about Potemkin-ish...he doesn't even reach Justice level threat yet?

So Valkynhyn is one of the 6 heroes, as so is Terumi. And Ragna was originally blonde as I suspected. Carl's dad is an alchemist, interesting. So much good info, thanks Suzaku. Terumi is even more awesome in my eyes now. What a mean bastard. But this brings up something: first of all, was he always a sickly ghost thing? I'm guessing his Nox lets his spirit continually posses the bodies of others, which would sort of make him immortal, as he could just jump from one body to the next. This also brings up to whether or not Hazama is really evil. Is he aware of Terumi's possession, and let him do it? Or is he a victim who's being used as a puppet for Terumi's own means? If the former, maybe it means that terumi can only possess those who allow him too. Jin despised Saya out of envy, and because of that allowed Terumi to use his body to chop off Ragna's arm/burn down the church/etc. Maybe Hazama was after something as well, such as maybe power in the NOL. This would make Terumi kind of like a "deal with the devil" type of character, who tempts others with promises of fulfilling their desires in exchange for using their bodies as he wishes.

My biggest question is if Terumi is really evil. What are his motives? Maybe he's trying to stop the cycle of destruction? His means are evil but what are his ends? What are Rachel's motivations for what she does? I'm sensing a tweest later on.