Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suzaku

BlazBlue Setting Material Collection Information

I'm not sure if anyone asked this before, but today I took a glimpse at the material collection (a friend had one) and I looked at who had the Nox Nyctores/Arch Enemy: -Jin: Yukianesa -Noel: Bolverk -Hakumen: Ookami -Jubei -Terumi -Nu -Carl -Saya(??????) I remember there being around ten listed, I can't remember them all, though. I've read through this thread and saw that there is ten, but I'm just somewhat confused by that last one. What the heck? Suzaku, is there anything in the collection that talks about this?

The list on page 132 has all of the known owners and their weapons, and the 10th belongs to Nu, not Saya. The list, translated literally, using the given Japanese pronunciations of the names, is: Number - Name - Owner No01 - Highlander: Take-Mikazuchi - unknown No02 - Hyouken: Yukianesa - Jin Kisaragi No03 - Majuu: Bolverk - Noel Vermilion No04 - Kishin: Nirvana - Carl Clover No05 - Mujin: Musashi - Juubei No06 - Zanma: Ookami - Hakumen No07 - Raigou: Muchourin - n/a No10 - Shinki: Murakumo - Nu (real form) In the book, all of the names are given the written name, and if the name is in kanji, it's got a pronunciation in katakana in parenthesis. For example, Jubei's Nox is "夢刀(ムジン) 六三四(ムサシ)", which literally translated says, "Dream Sword (Mujin): Six-Three-Four (Musashi)". The attack sattelite is "巨人(ハイランダー)・タケミカヅチ", which literally says "Giant (Highlander): Take-Mikazuchi". Now, in the English localization, it appears that they're translating the first part (the weapon's epithet) into Latin for flavor, and leaving the actual name as-is. For example, "Hyouken: Yukianesa" becomes "Mucro Algesco: Yukianesa", and "Kishin: Nirvana" becomes "Deus Machina: Nirvana". Based on my limited knowledge of Latin, I'm guessing that would mean that, for example, Jubei's Nox will probably be localized as something like, "Mucro Somnio: Musashi", and Terumi's would be "Vipera Dualis: Ouroboros".

I was actually talking about the relationship chart. I might have been wrong, but there was a key (blue star - owner of an Arch Enemy) and beside Saya's name it listed her. I didn't find the section on Arch Enemy specifically, so I don't know the names, but thanks for reposting for me. I just want some clarification, that's all.

Here's some translations for pages 132-133:

Teach Me, Ms. Litchi!

History Episode

Posted Image Hey, boobie lady. Tao was studying his-to-ree because she doesn't know what happened before she was born, mew. But, I still don't get it even after reading this book, so teach me-ow.

Posted Image My goodness, Tao, how rare for you to actually study. It IS important to grasp the 100 year history if you want to understand BlazBlue. Well then, let's study history together using this timeline.

BlazBlue Chronology [<- click here to see the timeline]

Timeline Comments and Captions

(Dark War)

Posted Image The struggle between the Black Beast and man was called the "Dark War." And, it's also known as the "First War of Magic."

Posted Image

Hakumen led the Six Heroes into action, and mankind crushed the Black Beast. After more than ten years the Dark War had come to a close.

(Ikaruga Civil War)

Posted Image During the Ikaruga Civil War, the Ikaruga Federation rebelled against the NOL, and their declaration of independance provoked war.

Posted Image

Noel entered the Military Academy after being adopted, and met Jin and Tsubaki. They later enlisted in the NOL.

(AD 2199/12)

Posted Image Here when "Rawrgna" shows up, BlazBlue starts, mew. Tao gets that, somehow! I still don't get all those mul-tee-pull "sto-ree mo-duh" things, but I'll try, meow.

The Looping World

In the history of BlazBlue, large-scale conflicts have broken out twice--the "Dark War" between mankind and the Black Beast, and the "Ikaruga Civil War" between the NOL and the Ikaruga Federation. "Ars magus" played a major role in both wars, during which the Nox Nyctores and grimoires were also created.

The basic premise for this setting's lore is that a hundred years of history, which includes both of these wars, is repeating. Ragna fights against Nu in Kagutsuchi, the two fall into the cauldron, and then the Black Beast emerges and begins to destroy the world, but it's defeated by the actions of the Six Heroes and the perfection of ars magus by mankind. Ragna, Jin, and Saya are born, and Terumi's raid leaves Ragna mortally wounded... Put simply, this history has looped many times.

However, there are miniscule differences in the events of each iteration, which result from the distortion of space-time, causing history to be altered. Only Rachel understands this.

Posted Image

During the prologue, Noel becomes an Ikaruga Civil War orphan.

Or, rather, when Noel is born and left behind, the story starts.

Oh my goodness I love you Suzaku. I was just thinking last night that I'd need to whip up some sort of timeline for the panel I want to do... now it's been done for me. :D

That chart.... IS BRILLIANT! Cleared so many misconceptions up for me. Thank you so much for all this Suzaku! So... it all connects at the end. Very interesting. I wish AkSys sold some sort of BB history book instead of just including a short summary of what happened in the instruction manual...

I'd love it if they could get the Material Collection book localized and released, but it would be a huge undertaking and there probably wouldn't be enough demand for it.

Great job! So Carl goes missing for two years after being enrolled. I still think he's 12-14 years old instead of 9-11. I can't imagine NOL enrolling a 8 year old... "Tao is taking a nap". That's great. XD

Great job! So Carl goes missing for two years after being enrolled. I still think he's 12-14 years old instead of 9-11. I can't imagine NOL enrolling a 8 year old...

"Tao is taking a nap". That's great. XD

Noel enrolled when she was only two.

Just sayin'.

Noel enrolled when she was only two.

Just sayin'.

That doesn't make sense... we see her in the intro cinematic when she is still in her Nu outfit and she looks way older. And she definitely joins the NOL after that.

My theory is that Noel=Saya who has been brainwashed by Hazama and given programming to sync with murokomo (is that how its spelt?) unit. I also believe that programming was disrupted during the explosion at Ikaruga hence the reason she appeared as a lost child to the Vermillion family who subsequently adopted her. I feel that the true ending further shows merit to this theory since she seems to show sibling love towards Ragna after saving his life (another oddity coming from someone who should never have met him prior to that occurance) when she cries in his chest and tells him not to do anything like that anymore.

My theory is that Noel=Saya who has been brainwashed by Hazama and given programming to sync with murokomo (is that how its spelt?) unit. I also believe that programming was disrupted during the explosion at Ikaruga hence the reason she appeared as a lost child to the Vermillion family who subsequently adopted her. I feel that the true ending further shows merit to this theory since she seems to show sibling love towards Ragna after saving his life (another oddity coming from someone who should never have met him prior to that occurance) when she cries in his chest and tells him not to do anything like that anymore.

You know, I have always thought the same thing. When I first saw that scene when Ragna had that flashback then Noel saves Ragna from falling into the cauldron with Nu and then she is all upset with him afterward because she feared she could have lost him. I really don't think Saya died at the church. If she did then when Ragna woke up he would have seen her but she was gone. I have faith that Noel is Saya but just brainwashed or is suffering from amnesia or something. I hope there's a happy ending to all this!

You know, I have always thought the same thing. When I first saw that scene when Ragna had that flashback then Noel saves Ragna from falling into the cauldron with Nu and then she is all upset with him afterward because she feared she could have lost him. I really don't think Saya died at the church. If she did then when Ragna woke up he would have seen her but she was gone. I have faith that Noel is Saya but just brainwashed or is suffering from amnesia or something. I hope there's a happy ending to all this!

We need more happy endings, especially for Carl, Arakune and Litchi.

But if they get happy endings, then they can't be playable...:gonk: