Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CodeNinja

Help with Hit-Confirming

Im trying to up my game in fighters, but hit confirming is proving to be a wall. I play Guilty Gear primarily, but ive been using the super in depth skullgirls tutorials to get some reps in, and even though both of those games talk about hit confirming in some way, i cant seem to grasp it. I suppose i could just dick around in the hit confirming tutorial a million more times, but can anyone recommend a better way to practice it/get a handle on it? I'd really appreciate it.

You've just got to practice it.  Set the training dummy on random block, do whatever thing you are attempting to learn to hitconfirm, and try to confirm it appropriately depending on whether it hits or is blocked.

You can also do this vs CPU if you want.

Unless you talk more about your character and the kind of stuff you're trying to hitconfirm (anti-air, blockstrings, specific pokes into specials etc), it's impossible to say anything else than watch this thing.

What Airk said, although I have more success improving my hit-confirming with new characters against a "live" CPU dummy set to the highest level since they tend to move around, throw shit at you and block from time to time.