Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Digital Watches

Cool hypotheticals for Axl.

FB Bomber is already kind of VV-esque, I mean he's fiery and flying up into the sky right? Speaking of VV, why is it a viper? Shouldn't it be some kind of animal that takes flight up into the sky in some seemingly invincible manner, and maybe(possibly) kicks downwards at the zenith of its ascent?

Other animals aren't Freudian enough.

Imagine a world without hypothetical questions..(Most of these hypotheticals may sound stupid...I'm a newbie at this. :psyduck:) Maybe if they added an extra hit that occurs only when Axl's normals reach their maximum distance, for a total of three hits for most of his long range normals (but have it active for only 1 frame and make it level 1) Rensengeki ([4], 6S): Forcebreak (Press D instead of 8 or 2 followup). Simultaneously pulls the opponent in while moving Axl forward to "swap" positions. Probably same animation as moving forward after Axl throws the bandana over the opponent's head. Rashousen ([4], 6H): Tap up to launch the ball a small degree upwards, and it doesn't travel as far across the screen. Or Forcebreak (Press D when the "ball" moves forward) to have it explode, FD required on air opponent, and jacks the guard meter up. Housubako (623P): Forcebreak (Tap D when triggered) to do the [2] followup of Rensengeki. Raieisageki light (63214S): End the animation with a Raieisageki heavy after crossup (by holding HS during animation). Kokuugeki (63214S while in midair): More powerful forcebreak version that latches the chain onto the opponent and spins them with the chain, regardless of hit or block. Faster animation, and flings them behind Axl. Air Overdrive: Downwards lightning fast Axl Bomber downwards, then an Axl Bomber upwards. (Like EX Slayer's Overdrive)

Rashousen ([4], 6H): Forcebreak (Press D when the "ball" moves forward) to have it explode, FD required on air opponent, and jacks the guard meter up.

Housubako (623P): Forcebreak (Tap D when triggered) to do the [2] followup of Rensengeki.

DO want! D:

A Rensen FB would be awesome too, but I'm not surewhat I'd have it do *scratch head*

DO want! D:

A Rensen FB would be awesome too, but I'm not surewhat I'd have it do *scratch head*

Could always make it an FRCable version of the Super's rensen-like bit. What with the double chip damage, 5 hits, etc.

Digital Watches, you said you wanted a 6h frc that maintained downward momentum, well theres no frc but if you jump install a string into 6h and RC it you can airdash.. though its so low to the ground that you have a very small window . It costs half tension but you can do some fun stuff like 5k(8)5s-5h-6h(RC)66 j.k-bomber. Im not even sure how many people know about this as it hasnt been posted anywhere.

Digital Watches, you said you wanted a 6h frc that maintained downward momentum, well theres no frc but if you jump install a string into 6h and RC it you can airdash.. though its so low to the ground that you have a very small window . It costs half tension but you can do some fun stuff like 5k(5)5s-5h-6h(RC)66 j.k-bomber. Im not even sure how many people know about this as it hasnt been posted anywhere.

Aye, I've messed with that a little, but I can't think of a use for it that justifies 50% meter usage.

All I'd really like is Axl's old Bomber back. Not in place of the new one, though--a supplement to it. Like, assign it to air 623S, or something. Oh, and Axl's downward Bomber should execute as fast as his upward one.

Okay, new one: Some kind of upward Bomber Overdrive to add ridiculous damage to air combos. Oh, and should be downward Bomber-cancellable like the regular FB Bomber.

A slide head effect when Axl whiffs his 63214+HS ^^ A reversal upward Axl-Bomber to flee from okizeme pressure ^^ A chain coffin. Axl'll be able to imprison his opponent in chains while hitting him (like Eddie's mud trap). A double Kokugeki. Axl'll swing 2 chains in order to do a real 360 circle around him. A time travel move. Axl'll teleport somewhere else on the screen... Randomly ^^

I think it'd be neat if he just had something like a [2]8S move that would send a rensengeki in the relative area above his head.

After reading through alot of this I would like Axl's dp to have invuln including lower body from start up til hit. Other then that I like Axl as is.... well I also wouldn't mind f.S comboing into 2D for Rensengeki and c.S or f.S comboing into 6H.

After reading through alot of this I would like Axl's dp to have invuln including lower body from start up til hit. Other then that I like Axl as is.... well I also wouldn't mind f.S comboing into 2D for Rensengeki and c.S or f.S comboing into 6H.

Well, c.S already gatlings into 6H, it's just that 6H is too slow to combo.

I think he meant "link" into overheads, so if the opponent blocks c.S, he won't be able to do anything else than guard (correctly) the overhead. By the way does that kind of overhead actually exist ? For other characters I mean (linking a normal into an overhead)

you can ib and reversal tests 6p if he gatlings into it. Only really advise doing that if you're already in the test's head though.

A few simple ways to bump Axl up a tier:

1) Kokuu and FB Bomber should end in knockdown.

2) 2K and Axl Bomber should NOT prorate.

3) One should be able to special-cancel 2H.

4) Drop about 2 frames off of all of his pokes' startups.

5) Make his chains' hitbox even SMALLER!

6) 6H should have an FRC that keeps his downward momentum (you're right, Watches-sama.)

7) HOW ABOUT A PROPER GODDAMN MEATY, ARCSYS?!?!?

That's all.:yaaay:

A few simple ways to bump Axl up a tier:

1) Kokuu and FB Bomber should end in knockdown.

2) 2K and Axl Bomber should NOT prorate.

3) One should be able to special-cancel 2H.

4) Drop about 2 frames off of all of his pokes' startups.

5) Make his chains' hitbox even SMALLER!

6) 6H should have an FRC that keeps his downward momentum (you're right, Watches-sama.)

7) HOW ABOUT A PROPER GODDAMN MEATY, ARCSYS?!?!?

That's all.:yaaay:

im gonna be realistic about these

1) FB bomber already ends in knockdown in corners and kokuu can be followed up with kd in corner with 25%

2) 2k's without prorate is madness and ive got combos going up to 305 dmg on chipp and thats tensionless from bomber no prorate on that would be slayerwarning

3) this ones good for a hypothetic

4) his pokes already fast enough cut off the recovery

5) meh why not, not really a problem

6) 6h frc is not a bad idea but then again hes already got overheads for free even

7) 2k 3p 5k c.S 6H not enough for you?

with all your changes he wouldnt go up a tier but he would sit next to eddie and testament soley on the fact that he would kill in one hit much like slayer

im gonna be realistic about these

1) FB bomber already ends in knockdown in corners and kokuu can be followed up with kd in corner with 25%

2) 2k's without prorate is madness and ive got combos going up to 305 dmg on chipp and thats tensionless from bomber no prorate on that would be slayerwarning

3) this ones good for a hypothetic

4) his pokes already fast enough cut off the recovery

5) meh why not, not really a problem

6) 6h frc is not a bad idea but then again hes already got overheads for free even

7) 2k 3p 5k c.S 6H not enough for you?

with all your changes he wouldnt go up a tier but he would sit next to eddie and testament soley on the fact that he would kill in one hit much like slayer

First of all, I like your avatar. It's very adorable.

1) I know, but having the property anyway would be pretty sweet.

2) 305 damage on Chipp isn't that hard. That aside, I like the idea of Bomber not prorating, but his 2K definitely needs to not prorate. It annoys me that my combos after 2K only do about 70% of the damage that they should.

3) Thank you. :)

4) Ooh, that's a good one too! They should cut off the recovery. But no, Axl's pokes are definitely too slow. His fastest, 5K, still has 5F startup.

5) Thank you again. :)

6) True, but it would still be a useful tool. C'mon, tell me it wouldn't.

7) 2K, 3P, 5K, c.S--Not as many active frames as I'd like. 6H--In most cases, one can't start a proper combo off of this. What I'm looking for is something really meaty to make Axl's oki game not total mediocrity.

Yes, I agree, these changes would probably bump him up to S-tier. Remember, though, that this is a thread for purely hypothetical ideas, and I'm just having fun here. I suppose that when I said "A few simple ways to bump Axl up a tier," I should have said, "A few simple ways to bump Axl up a tier or two."