Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baf0

[XrdR] Kum Haehyun "Tuner" Gameplay Discussion

I dont think she is easy to use as in its difficult to open up people with her who block patiently. Her normals and her strings are fairly straightforward though, and her combos are all a matter of practice, nothing too difficult. I would say she is easier than let's say Chipp, but more difficult than Sol or Sin.

Basically you have to try it out though, I felt comfortable with her after 2 hours tbh. . This of course excludes advanced knowledge and/or setups since I am still labbing her for tech.

EDIT:

I forgot to add: Her projectile game is not that difficult to handle. People who touched Eddie will have no problems whatsoever controlling it I think, but even without the Zato EXP its very managable imo. You basically dont control the projectile but the projectiles velocity, which gives you more flexibility controlling both independently. With that being said - it's really important for her neutral game to control the ball correctly imo. Especially her H-projectile is a very nice tool to start the offense or force the opponent to do things. For example:

Vs Venom, the Projectile doesnt clash with the balls. This means you can let Venom shoot the balls while you cast your projectile, avoid the balls so your orb stays on-screen and then force Venom to either jump or block the projectile, hindering him from setting new balls. This is quite possible in most matchups so yeah, important

So basically her tools and combos are fairly easy to understand and use but actually winning matches can be difficult if you dont know how to open people who can block well?

Essentially. The more i use this character the more i feel i needtl to try alot harder to open ppl up.

Her moves are slow and pushing anr pulling the orb back and forth can become difficult. If you block for any reason the orbs vanish.

The inputs also seem strangely strict, incomparison to other dp inputs hers are odd as im having difficulty inputting them consistently and ive a 90% success rate with those for years.

Im not seeing any super armor on any abilities, 2HS is not head invul but 6p is. Unlike alot ofyour betters youll need to spend meter to put the hurt on foes and considering your size youre subject to more shenanigans.

Super Orb is odd but it can go up and doen which is great but theres a red version ive yet to figure out howto procure.6234k is a good blow link into air combo but getting people to respect your options is difficult.

6k is a great standing low that can beat into 623[k] standing p combo

Oh but thats notto say there arent any strange ginmicks you can do but they rely on orb control big time.

Knock down into H fire ball 2144k pulls the ball back into a foe while the overhead is charging and things like that

Some of her inputs are kind of odd. The 623K4 DP has given me a surprising amount of trouble, especially after a 2D. It's going to take some time learning thst muscle memory.

Anyone have a line on some frame data yet? 

25 minutes ago, drunkards_walk said:

Some of her inputs are kind of odd. The 623K4 DP has given me a surprising amount of trouble, especially after a 2D. It's going to take some time learning thst muscle memory.

Anyone have a line on some frame data yet? 

I don't have frame data, but, I will say you can't do the 4 before it starts charging, you need to wait until it slightly starts then do 4. Holding it before it starts to do anything will make it just ignore the 4.

21 minutes ago, TekkamanArk said:

I don't have frame data, but, I will say you can't do the 4 before it starts charging, you need to wait until it slightly starts then do 4. Holding it before it starts to do anything will make it just ignore the 4.

Yeah it seems really precise; definitely going to take a lot of practice, at least for me. 

The most consistent input is to sweep all back directions: 623[K]~741]K[

This should give the most chances of hitting back on the correct frame. Most important is holding K on 3.

Happy Launching!

Some frame data:

• 5P 5F +1
  • 5K 7F ±0
  • 5S 5F +5
  • 5HS 9F 17F +1
  • 5D 26F +1
  • 2P 5F +3
  • 2S 8F +1

• 2HS 9F -3
  • 2D 9F -5
  • 6K 15F +4
  • 6P 14F -10
  • 6HS 9F -22

9 hours ago, Daimao said:

Some frame data:

5P 5F +1

5K 7F ±0

5S 5F +5

5HS 9F 17F +1

5D 26F +1

2P 5F +3

2S 8F +1

2HS 9F -3

2D 9F -5

6K 15F +4

6P 14F -10

6HS 9F -22

Why does this forum enforce double spaced lines?  This shit could have taken up much less room.  Dumb.

Awesome man, I was just coming here to ask if anyone would be interested in doing some testing with me but you're already on it. Do you have anything on f.S or 2K yet?  

7 hours ago, drunkards_walk said:

Awesome man, I was just coming here to ask if anyone would be interested in doing some testing with me but you're already on it. Do you have anything on f.S or 2K yet?

That's all from JP players doing lab work, not myself.  I still don't have data for 2K.  I'm currently working on move properties and YRC/Momentum tech.  Mostly involving j.D and j.214K,4/6 tricks.  It's possible to crossup but land on the same side.  There might be a double crossup as well.  It's possible to uncrossup with j.D where it does not crossup but looks like it will.  TKing j.214K has some interesting trajectories when using [4] and [6].  Probably similar uses in neutral and pressure as Jam's move.  5H(1) can be JC'd into TK j.214K, not sure if it's legit in blockstrings without projectiles.  It's possible to use j.K (JC) in pressure with projectiles to keep your opponent honest with regards to j.D (you j.K to check if they aren't just switching block and then jump cancel into j.D while the projectile covers you).  In order to do this you need to [4] while initially jumping forward for the j.K that way the fireball can come back into them as you double jump into the j.D, ensuring you don't whiff or get mashed.

Some more frame data:

• 隼 16F -5 持続で+1(遠Sその後届かない)
  • 隼タメ +4
  • 空中隼 密着垂直Jから(近Sから) +1
  • 空中隼 5K先端から (-1) タメ蹴り上げ -6

Not completely sure on the meaning as I had to use Google "Translate".  Gonna leave the moonrunes intact.  Also cleaned up my previous post by making use of bullets to reduce screen wastage.

20 minutes ago, Ririshii said:

Shoryuken had an article up a bit back that had a pastebin link with a bunch of frame data, which looks close to what what posted here already.  http://pastebin.com/DVKsGmiz

The off-by-one discrepancy rears its head again.

Anyone find any potential uses for j.2K yet? It works as an instant OH on some characters (I haven't really done any testing on many characters), but that use seems a bit limited; I'm hoping there is something I'm missing

Edit: Right after posting this I found a video of a guy who was using it as an IOH during oki and following it up with a cross up j.D. Pretty interesting 

I found interesting that you can use j.2K to land earlier when jumping. Maybe interesting for some overhead/low situations from a jump.

Is her jD actually a crossup? Looking at the training dummy, it's blocked from the original side, which makes me think that as long as you're blocking high, you'd be fine.  Really just wondering how viable it is for mixups and whatnot, since doing things like j2K > crossup jD seems like it'd be really nice.

-Edit-

Yeah, it's a legit crossup; just  tested with recording and whatnot.  Just doesn't look like it on when blocking or when getting hit.

I discovered today that in the corner, after a throw for instance, if you do his Orb Overdrive it will put the opponent in blockstun long enough to fully charge the overhead version of Falcon Dive so that it is unblockable. The downfall is you would be spending 100% tension and it's not very rewarding at all. Maybe it could be use as a setup on an opponent with low life. IDK, definitely needs more testing; I feel that there is some potential there. I'll post up any results 

4 hours ago, drunkards_walk said:

I discovered today that in the corner, after a throw for instance, if you do his Orb Overdrive it will put the opponent in blockstun long enough to fully charge the overhead version of Falcon Dive so that it is unblockable. The downfall is you would be spending 100% tension and it's not very rewarding at all. Maybe it could be use as a setup on an opponent with low life. IDK, definitely needs more testing; I feel that there is some potential there. I'll post up any results 

There are quite a few ways to go into unblockables, the best of which have probably not yet been discovered.

Here are a couple, courtesy of Fujita:

Just browsed through that dudes Twitter. I thought I was making good progress finding tech, but he is just light years ahead. Good stuff though, you wouldn't happen to have any match footage would you?

There are a few matches of Kubo's Kum up on Youtube right now, but I haven't been able to find too much outside of 'em.  May have to look around Nico at some point.  I'm also not sure who exactly plays her at the moment, so it'd be something else to look into.

Hey guys, what's up? Long time lurker of the forum, decided to sign up when Revelator dropped. Having played Robo Ky and then Bedman in previous versions, I had a go with Kum to see if it would scratch my giant old man itch that's been bugging me since Jinpachi isn't coming back for T7 and so far I'm loving it. 

I've seen that a fair few people who might not have otherwise played Revelator are now picking it up while they wait for Capcom to fix SFV so I've started putting together some really baby's first day in the office videos for Kum in case anyone happens to be new to the game and/or Kum and wants some jumping off points for their gameplay. 

So, umm, yeah! Hopefully this stuff will be useful to someone. More videos coming as and when I think of easy stuff to record!

So it appears that Dry Ace (former Anji player, idk who he played in SIGN) is playing Haehyun. I found a video of a match and he was doing some really cool stuff. Here is the video: