Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

entropicbydesign

Looking for a... Sensei/Mentor/Teachy-type guy.. (PC, XRD)

Just what it says.. I've been in a fighting game funk recently and finally picked up GG XRD along with Sin, Leo and El.. I'm hoping to find an experienced player looking to train a newb to the game. I'm not new to fighting games, I understand the terminology and I have basic execution ability so you aren't picking up a *complete* newb. I've always found it a lot more fun (and certainly more efficient) to try to find a person, or small group, of experienced player(s) looking to train a newb, jump in voice chat and run long sets. Analyze, adapt, etc.

Anyway, just figured Id ask, in the interval I'll be plodding along in training mode and random online matches. If it matters to anyone, I haven't picked a main, and will most likely pick two characters to learn (I like a little variety).. Im leaning towards Sin and *possibly* El, but I need more time with the cast to decide for sure.

GG just seems to embody a lot of what I find enjoyable about fighters..But I have never played an 'air dasher' at any competent level before. My first real fighter was MKX, but it didn't work at release on PC, so I eventually migrated to SFIV - which is where I 'learned' to play fighters, and in all honesty, Id probably still be there if V hadn't annihilated the community. I played V, and I have nothing concrete against it, except that its kinda boring to me. It doesn't really drag me in and get my blood pumping. I play some KI now, and I enjoy it, but the breaker system just kind of kills that game for me sometimes.. I have too many matches that aren't fun or interesting because of horseshit 1st frame guess breaks.. I have a general rule, if I find myself having to chase fun around in a game, I start to walk away. Anyway, I'm rambling.

If anyone is interested in picking up a newb, hit me up!