Sign in to follow this  
Mike Z

"Quicker" Rise...

So if you Quick Rise (Down+any button while on the floor), you get up but aren't invincible. You can't cancel this to movement, blocking, or jumping, but you can cancel to attacks very early on in the animation. (Frame data says 13f or so, but it feels a lot faster than that.)

However, if you cancel it to 4+A~B or 4+B~A, which is just an attack which you kara to Barrier, and then you can let go and immediately be able to move/jump/etc. It's a ton faster than Quick Recovery ("neutral tech"), and has come in handy a lot since I've been trying it out. The downside is you aren't invincible during the Quick Rise frames, but you're also not stuck on the floor and it's a good mindgame escape.

[edit so Supa doesn't have to reply]: "Oh yeah, I've been doing this since the game came out, doncherknow..."

(It'd be nice if there were a thread I could just post this in, instead of making a topic...)

I'm too busy trying to figure out how to reliably do jumping block backdash 214A with Noel reliably... I like that one. No idea about this one. Video?

neutral tech is completely safe though :psyduck:

You mean excluding what happens if your opponent is waiting on you to neutral tech so they can trap you in their next string while you're helplessly immobile?

Ya, completely safe.

You mean excluding what happens if your opponent is waiting on you to neutral tech so they can trap you in their next string while you're helplessly immobile?

Ya, completely safe.

well. that's different. :psyduck:

he shoulda specified he was being tech-trapped lol

I love quick rise. It throws off so many people that Try to use a meaty on reaction to a quick recover. While 13f is feasible to react to, it's quite difficult. This "mindgame" also allows for both rolling techs to become a little more useful as well, since they're practically worthless if you're even remotely near the corner. Moral of the story: mix up whether you quick recover or quick rise more. It helps. If they otg to be safe you can easily tech during the followup and escape.

Pretty cool teching system dudes.

You mean "bro," right?

"Cool teching system, bro"

I'm too busy trying to figure out how to reliably do jumping block backdash 214A with Noel reliably...

I like that one.

No idea about this one. Video?

Seconded for video.

As I visualize it, you go into quick rise and attack with 4A then cancel into barrier then do whatever it was you needed to do i.e. jump etc.?

I've been needing something quicker than neutral tech these days.

Seconded for video.

As I visualize it, you go into quick rise and attack with 4A then cancel into barrier then do whatever it was you needed to do i.e. jump etc.?

I've been needing something quicker than neutral tech these days.

yeah, pretty much. i don't know what a video will show you...

what?

MikeZ explained the whole bug earlier with Tager vs Bang.

Noel can definitely do it against Tager all day. You can reproduce it pretty easily with Noel vs Noel. Have the first Noel jump and block, second Noel 6C. First Noel will 44214A on during stop. You'll see the 214A go right through the second hit of 6C.

yeah, pretty much. i don't know what a video will show you...

Who doesn't want MikeZ videos?

For something this precise, I'd like a comparison to make sure I'm not just waggling the stick with fast inputs for no gain.

Yeah, it only buys you like, 5f over normal Quick Rise, which is why I said it wasn't that awesome...but I can't record cuz I have no cap card. And actually it's a billion times more useful for Tager because his Quick Rise is broken.

Yeah, it only buys you like, 5f over normal Quick Rise, which is why I said it wasn't that awesome...but I can't record cuz I have no cap card.

And actually it's a billion times more useful for Tager because his Quick Rise is broken.

I always successfully use a meaty on Tager's Wakeup.

And by "Successful meaty", I mean I eat a Genesic Emerald Tager Buster.

I always successfully use a meaty on Tager's Wakeup.

And by "Successful meaty", I mean I eat a Genesic Emerald Tager Buster.

Hah

I should try this out. Didn't even know there was a quick rise. o_O

This tool is highly underrated and rarely seen but those who use it are master of defending (exaggerating). I cant tell how many time I've watch mach videos and all I see are emergency techs (neutral tech) situations that's not favorable.

I found so many success with this tool and I think its over all more reliable than emergency tech. Of course its with its fault and all tech should be alternated use according to the situation desire.

Ya, completely safe.

Lol learn2block?

Could someone post a vid of this? I don't completely understand how I'm supposed to do it and how it's supposed to look like.

Step 1: Be knocked to the ground.

Step 2: Hold down as you recover. Recover with A, B, or C.

Step 3: Your character quickly gets off the ground with no white flash.

Nobody should need a video for this.