Sign in to follow this  
Mike Z

"Quicker" Rise...

Step 1: Be knocked to the ground.

Step 2: Hold down as you recover. Recover with A, B, or C.

Step 3: Your character quickly gets off the ground with no white flash.

Nobody should need a video for this.

That's quick rise. "Quicker" rise is more complicated.

Step 1: Be knocked to the ground.

Step 2: Hold down as you recover. Recover with A, B, or C.

Step 3: ~13 frames after your character starts to recover, press and hold 4A.

Step 4: 1 frame after that (or close to it), press B, then quickly release both A+B

Step 5: Your character barrier blocks briefly, stopping incoming attacks earlier than would normally be possible with a quick rise, and if no attacks come, recovers faster overall than if you had just used a normal quick rise.

(The order with which you press A and B may be reversed. Also, 1A/B may be used if you expect a low attack.)

It's actually quite tricky.

Wait, so do u c the 4a come out? and do u do that whole kara thing just b/c u can't do it directly?

Also, idk how long 13 frames is supposed to last... -_-"

1/4 of a second.

It's also grab invincible as you rise. So if you hate Bang or Tager's command grabs, do this to throw them off because there isn't any visual or audible cue. Also, if Tager is jumping 720C, Quick Rise will give you enough time for you to jump.

1/4 of a second.

It's also grab invincible as you rise. So if you hate Bang or Tager's command grabs, do this to throw them off because there isn't any visual or audible cue. Also, if Tager is jumping 720C, Quick Rise will give you enough time for you to jump.

Neutral tech gives you enough time to jump too. Not that special, especially since if they were to go for a throw during the quick rise time frame it would have missed the neutral tech anyway. Maybe if someone was trying to psychic punish a roll with a throw, which at least tager can punish on reaction I think.

So yeah not sure how to best apply throw invincibility.

Well say Tager does a 720:

-If he lets go during the invincibility, he doesn't hit.

-If he lets go after the wakeup, he doesn't hit because the opponent can jump it.

Not that hard to time, right? It's very hard to time a counter to quick teching because no cues AND people have conditioned themselves to time counters against neutral/roll.

I'd use it moreso than other techs unless the opponent is on the ground, next to me.

Wait, so do u c the 4a come out? and do u do that whole kara thing just b/c u can't do it directly?

Also, idk how long 13 frames is supposed to last... -_-"

You do the kara cancel thing because indeed you can't cancel quick get up into barrier, but you can into a jab which can then be kara'd into a barrier.

If you do it ideally, you only see the first frame of the 4A/B's startup, so generally you won't really see it at all.

Who the fuck necros a thread that's 10 months old just to post "this works well"? O_o

I dunno, but I appreciate them doing it as I didn't see this thread before. Time to practice p-linking some more in SSFIV so I can do this stuff when CS comes out.

Who the fuck necros a thread that's 10 months old just to post "this works well"? O_o

I posted this out because out of all the match videos I seen, wether from battle chariot, Mikado, UFO or what ever well known tournaments I've yet to seen this technique use. I doubt it's because player think it sucks but rather most don't know about it. I can understand how most wouldn't know because this a defensive technique and they always go notice.

Though I have to admit that I don't have very strong competition. I must admit I had great success with this tool. Its piratically is the quickies way to recover, of course it's not with out its own flaw. And no one should completely rely on it but add it to thier wake up game arsenal so they won't create predictable scenarios.

this may catch them people by surprise the first time, but I think once you do it once, they can just do some normals while you even still in the ground and you are still forced to block it or you will get hit while you are barrier-ing

not 100% sure, but this is my hypothesis.

Well say Tager does a 720:

-If he lets go during the invincibility, he doesn't hit.

-If he lets go after the wakeup, he doesn't hit because the opponent can jump it.

Not that hard to time, right? It's very hard to time a counter to quick teching because no cues AND people have conditioned themselves to time counters against neutral/roll.

I'd use it moreso than other techs unless the opponent is on the ground, next to me.

On the ground next to you. Like throw range. Again the throw invulnerability isn't very key.

I'm not sure what the 720 example has to do with anything. The same is true for neutral tech.

this may catch them people by surprise the first time, but I think once you do it once, they can just do some normals while you even still in the ground and you are still forced to block it or you will get hit while you are barrier-ing

not 100% sure, but this is my hypothesis.

I'm confident in saying that BB developer approached wake up scenario with rock paper scissors mentality but with few wild cards added (depending on character traits). It's a situation revolving around anticipations and hypothesis thinking.

I'll try my best to break in down.

Like how scientist approaches trial solution with hypothesis, player normally do the same.

The trial I will be referring to is Blazblue's "Knockdown" status that capable of wake up tech. (their are some situation where one can ONLY emergency tech or receive OTG attacks but were going to exclude these from the trial)

Like other trial we work on an absolute foundation and develop many hypothesis base on that trial.

Here are the possible action in knockdown state.

emergency Tech AKA "Nuetral tech.: Nature: definitive stun escape

This tech is the quickest activated tech due to commands only consisting a button press. The known properties are are over all body invincibility but in return restrains your from doing reversal due longest recovery frames it has. I think the essence of this option is to escape meatys,invalid combo's, or anything that can keep you stun but with neutral status.

The next set are wake up tools. they are not considered techs because although their purpose is about escaping a stun state, they are more of mixup that you'll first have you gamble a longer state state of stun ( about a second) for wake up benefits which can be both escape from knockdown stun status and countering . ( I say countering because your wake up choice will be use to counter an action that your opponent has the initiate state)

Nuetral wake up AKA "Quick rise". Nature= Speedy Recovery

Following conditions of wake up, this requires you to input down and a button to activate. The known properties of this command is although vulnerable to attacks ( as to all wake ups) this one has the least amount of recovery frames from knockdown status and invulnerable to throws during the command. I think the essence of this choice is to regain neutral status as quick as possible, even though emergency tech has the fastest activation rate, neutral wake up has the fastest recovery which forces your opponent to act quickly as well. Instead of those who like to set up by waiting for activation signal of other wake up or emergency tech. (quick rise has none)

Back roll wake up AKA "retreating wake up* nature=Passive Defensive

Following the same condition as Neutral wake ups, this one requires a back press and button to activate. The known property of this one is that you will regain invincibility for duration of the roll and recover space away from your opponent. I think the essence of this command is to create many safe guards from a tactical standpoint. With timing one can avoid most of your enemy attacks, and even though reversal are impossible due to recovery frames. (not enough time to unleash an attack) you cancel it out with barrier to build even more safeguards. Thus creating a passive defensive nature with the ability to be defensive but not assertive.

Forward roll wake up AKA "advancing wake up" Nature= Aggressive Defensive

Following the conditions of wake up, this command requires you to press forward and a button. The known property of this move is similar to back roll except it has less invincibility than than the back roll how ever it closes in the space between you and your opponent. Due to the tactical nature of rolls forward roll has the ability to cross up you opponents attack by getting behind him. (how ever they can use this to their advantage as well) I think the essence of this move is to regain neutral status but also to disoriented your opponents as well. (which will force most opponent to be defensive in the confusion) You sacrifice more safe guards to retain more of an offensive momentum. Which is why I consider the nature of this command Aggressive defensive.

Each tool should be used collectively from each player for their own desires.