Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RurouniLoneWolf

[CF] Es Gameplay Discussion Thread aka Pudding Lovers Anonymous

• Discuss everything gameplay related that doesn't fit into another Es thread here. Also, be sure to follow the site rules. 

-----------------------

Es Information

Spoiler

General Info

• ES is a Preorder Bonus in Japan and can be acquired in-game as well and is free the first week in JP and NA

Gampelay Info

• Air Dash travels in an arch trajectory

Es Wiki Page - http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php/BBCF/Es

Sources

Greatfernman's Translation of Es' Famitsu Scans - https://www.evernote.com/shard/s296/sh/59884249-6b3e-4db1-8eee-57a18508d780/e128facebe6f8babe769399155e83534

Making this since the stream with Es' VA is tomorrow so we might get new info. I'll be compiling Es info here in the OP.

Leaving this here before it gets lost in the News and Gameplay Discussion thread.

Es will be playable at a Dengeki event on July 24th for 100 people

There was mention on the Dengeki stream that her PV was not ready in time for the stream so we might see that or get info from Famitsu articles before this.

Putting this here so it's not lost in the News thread:

Character/Drive Breakdown -

Es is a character with many standard moves that's easy to use. She's quite agile, so using her really gives you the feeling of speed. Her unique "Drive" ability make "Crests" appear after her sword attacks, which you can then turn into another attack by using "Crest Arts". Make full use of her great sword and Drive double hits to grasp victory!

Drive: Crest Arts
Es unleashes a broad sword swing at Nine. Crest Arts is possible after a Crest appears from this attack...

A Crest with a hitbox appears, hitting the opponent again! A tricky two-hit combo that combines a sword swing and a Crest attack.

Command List:

Overdrive: Type:Amplifier "Avalon" (gives more hits to Crest Arts)
Exceed Accel: Type:Braver "Lancelot" (spiky pillars)

Specials:
Type:Enchanter "Bors" (buffs other specials)
Type:Slasher "Griflet" (Shoryuken)
Type:Slasher "Mordred" (Shinpukyaku, "Bors/Percival" version has wider range)
Type:Shooter "Breunor" (Hadouken, has air version and a "cross" version where performing twice in a row combines the two projectiles into one)

Supers
Type:Enchanter "Percival" (Install move, temporarily gives automatic access to the same buffs you'd normally only have one use of from "Bors")
Type:Shooter "Palamedes" (Shinku Hadouken)

Here are the actual scans:

Her install super looks pretty ^,^

Also, seems like Bors gives both a visual buff to Es and she gets an icon in her HUD. Variations of the projectile seems to control a good amount of space as well.

This might just be my own speculation, but here's how I see her Drive. Referring to the third Famitsu scan on the top that shows the two images of her Drive.

So I think the first image is her Drive. For now assume its 5D. It's a sword swipe that leaves a smooth quarter circle Crest out.

Now the second image. I'm going to say the move she's doing is either a 5A or a command low like a 6A or something. Doing this normal, or any move for the purpose of the explanation, then activates the Crest, making it into the second-hitting spiky Crest.

At least I think so. For all we know the second image might be the recovery of 5D, and the Drive hits twice regardless, and the whole "second hit" thing is actually a "press and hold D to keep it from immediately doing the second hit. I guess the only way to know is seeing some footage.

Greatfernman tweeted an evernote translating the scans. It's mostly info we already have in somewhat more detail but he did translate the battle planner's impressions of Es as well and in it, they mention that Es' air dash is an arc trajectory

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s296/sh/59884249-6b3e-4db1-8eee-57a18508d780/e128facebe6f8babe769399155e83534

Those moves are really flashy in a good way, what with all the spikes and everything. Arc-shaped air dash is interesting though - a more extreme variant of Izayoi's GA air dash?

Those moves are really flashy in a good way, what with all the spikes and everything. Arc-shaped air dash is interesting though - a more extreme variant of Izayoi's GA air dash?

Nah, its more like air dash YRC in Xrd but without the 25 meter.

On 6/17/2016 at 8:25 AM, pokemonblaze234 said:

Nah, its more like air dash YRC in Xrd but without the 25 meter.

Well it says 山なり, which is more like an actual arc where the first part rises. My guess is that it will look similar to a melty blood airdash.

Seconds of Es gameplay

Looking at it more closely, the crest rises out faster than what I initially thought it would: the combo potential is looking good. Though it does bring questions like whether or not the crest will rise if the first drive attack is blocked, or if it will disappear if Es is hit before the crest comes out. 

Looks like activating the crest art does have a followup animation but much more interesting is the delay between the initial strike and the crest activation. Definitely feels like there is frame trap/pressure reset potential here as I suspected from the Crest Arts description. I wonder how far they'll emphasize it though. They might make her high low game weak and just make crest art activation her main tool for opening people up. Curious to see how this works out 

Also, looks like Es really does have command grab, Type-Assaulter "Erec". (The whiff animation really is super adorable and cute!)
Source = Tokkan's Tweet

I don't think that's a follow up animation to activate the crest, that just seems like a normal to me. If you slow the video down you can see how the crest starts to active while it still looks like she's in the last frame or two of recovery from that overhead.

Edit: Here's what I'm talking about:

Spoiler

dGEcgji.jpg

3 minutes ago, oh no, he said said:

I don't think that's a follow up animation to activate the crest, that just seems like a normal to me. If you slow the video down you can see how the crest starts to active while it still looks like she's in the last frame or two of recovery from that overhead.

Maybe crests will be used to confirm easily.

45 minutes ago, oh no, he said said:

Edit: Here's what I'm talking about:

*snip*

hmmm, you might be right that it isn't a followup animation. It's hard to tell. Well, we'll know for sure in about 3 weeks at the Dengeki event where she'll playable...so long as the 100 people who get to play her tweet about it ;.;

Just now, RurouniLoneWolf said:

hmmm, you might be right that it isn't a followup animation. It's hard to tell. Well, we'll know for sure in about 3 weeks at the Dengeki event where she'll playable...so long as the 100 people who get to play her tweet about it ;.;

I only have a smartphone, so expect awful quality stuff :v

Somehow, when I see the command grab images (when they don't whiff), I remember Raven's normal grab in Revelator, I mean, like how you wil combo after it and the need of timing to do so...

Hard to tell if it'll be comboable from these screenshots. It's hard to tell the trajectory Es and Ragna will travel after but it could work out to be something like that or require an RC 

4 hours ago, heavymetalmixer said:

I only have a smartphone, so expect awful quality stuff :v

Any stuff is better than no stuff! Don't push yourself to get anything though if you aren't allowed to take footage. Wouldn't want you to get kicked out of the event ^,^

22 minutes ago, RurouniLoneWolf said:

Hard to tell if it'll be comboable from these screenshots. It's hard to tell the trajectory Es and Ragna will travel after but it could work out to be something like that or require an RC 

Any stuff is better than no stuff! Don't push yourself to get anything though if you aren't allowed to take footage. Wouldn't want you to get kicked out of the event ^,^

Nah man, it was just a joke, I can't go T__T

booooooo, got my hopes up for nothing. lol, just kidding. Now we must both suffer that day playing the "fun" game of mashing F5 on our twitter feeds and Dustloop page to see if anyone found any new information at the event. 

The Dengeki Playstation Premium Event will supposedly be streamed on Youtube, so getting gameplay shouldn't be a problem.

I don't recall it ever being stated that the Dengeki Playstation Premium Event is getting streamed, though they do link to archives of the announcement stream in the announcement article so I can see why you would assume so. Personally I don't think it's going to be streamed.

Things I noticed

General
- Looks like her theme is one of the XBlaze tracks. But they could've just used it for the trailer only
- D Normals seem like the only normals that create the crests

0:33 Es' Anti Air? For now, I'm thinking it's 2C. Seems to have a LOT of vertical reach, which is pretty nice. The followup D feels like 5D and it feels like it can be charged a bit. In the followup crest art activation, we see this particular crest art being used as a combo extender. https://youtu.be/U5Mx31N8OEU?t=31

0:40 This is pretty interesting. We see Es activate the crest art after her leap forward slash. She probably can activate crest arts without the followup animation and she has at least bit of freedom in terms of timing to activate it  https://youtu.be/U5Mx31N8OEU?t=39

0:42 Her Mordered rush slash special but it looks like it causes the opponent to twirl/spin like they got hit by a Persona AOA on the second hit. Strange

0:44 There's a big sweeping downward slash normal that looks like it can be good for catching jump outs. Possibly 6C? We also see the buffed version of her Air Griflet DP doing a downward strike that seems to ground bounce and allow her to combo into a falling air normal to extend the combo  https://youtu.be/U5Mx31N8OEU?t=44

0:51 Palamedes Distortion? Wasn't expecting her to rush forward like that. https://youtu.be/U5Mx31N8OEU?t=50

0:55 Lancelot Exceed Accel. The attack to activate it is an upward kick that doesn't look like it has much horizontal range https://youtu.be/U5Mx31N8OEU?t=55

1:02 Another example of a crest art activation being delayed and allowing a combo extension. We also see one of her air Drive normals in the followup air combo knockdown and allow her to continue her combo. Not sure if it's actually a normal or the crest art activation of the previous ones though. https://youtu.be/U5Mx31N8OEU?t=60

1:05 Percival Distortion. Even prettier in motion https://youtu.be/U5Mx31N8OEU?t=64

1:13 Get to see a drive normal that hits all around and OD version of Palamedes seems to be a true projectile though it might be the use of a different button causing it. The move properties were said to change based on the button pressed https://youtu.be/U5Mx31N8OEU?t=74

Overall, she's looking pretty solid. Looking forward to impressions from the Dengeki Event